• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread 2004 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
stam should be der, wft is djiuf der for...
probably the only senegal player pele knows about

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
ders a monkey on my back...
challenge must get to 50 posts...
how did u get so much hung?

^___^
HSC
this is why:
By Brian Homewood

RIO DE JANEIRO, March 4 (Reuters) - Pele woke up to a barrage of criticism in his native Brazil on Thursday after a leaked version of his list of the 100 greatest living players said he had chosen more Italians and Frenchmen than Brazilians.

The unofficial version, published by the Folha de Sao Paulo newspaper on Wednesday and widely reproduced by other Brazilian media, said Pele had picked only 12 Brazilians compared to 14 each from Italy and France.

It also said he omitted Rivelino, his team mate in the 1970 World Cup team, and Nilton Santos, a left-back from the 1950s and 1960s whose outstanding technique earned him the nickname the Encyclopaedia of Football.

In the event, both were among 15 Brazilians, including Pele himself, in the official list of 125 players, announced by FIFA on Thursday. But the news, which dominated Brazilian sports pages for 24 hours, was too late to save Pele from the wrath of his former team mates.

Midfielder Gerson symbolically tore up a piece of paper purporting to be the list during a live television programme.

"Pele has the right to choose whoever he wants. But it's absurd to leave out team mates who carried him on their backs," said Gerson, who scored the second goal in Brazil's 4-1 win over Italy in the 1970 World Cup final.

Mario Zagallo, coach to the 1970 team, added: "I respect Pele, he was the world's greatest player, but this list leaves a lot to be desired."

"A lot of players who were champions alongside him have been relegated to the background."

Before discovering that he was included, Rivelino said: "I'm not upset. I know what I'm worth."

Pele was quick to distance himself from the unofficial version of the list.

Speaking at FIFA's centenary gala in London on Thursday he said: "I do not know where they got that list from, it was not yet complete.

"It was a mistake for them to reveal that list, we were still working on it."

Gerson, however, was unrepentant even after hearing the official version. "If he changed his mind again and included me, I wouldn't accept," he said.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
first it was his erection problems now this...

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
WOO HOO, 50 posts, i will no longer be named a junior member...

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
man wtf is chelski doin there bloody signing all these players n there never gonna use em... the next thing u no the coach is gonna get sacked an a new 1 is gonna come in an start buyin even more players lol

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by IP_freely
man wtf is chelski doin there bloody signing all these players n there never gonna use em... the next thing u no the coach is gonna get sacked an a new 1 is gonna come in an start buyin even more players lol
hahhaha

apparently robben is a left flanker!!

and Duff is one unhappy chuppa chop!!!!

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
lols, lots of loans and no trophies

^___^
HSC
apparently when they bought Joe Cole..like less than 10hrs, chelsea tried to loan him to moscow..but j.cole refused

rofl!!

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
oh yer an 1 more thing everytime a player gets injured at chelski
in comes a new player hahaha... for eg veron is injured n the buy parker ahah

^___^
HSC
man..they should have never touched veron

man...they should buy a right winger...and then their squad is fully complete

like lampard + parker in centre mdfield rocks

duff with unknown winger on right crossing and teasing the wing-back defnece

forward u have crespo heading and mutu backing up with slick movement

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
man they got a good team now, but they just got 2 many players imo atm coz they need 2 give every1 ago thats y they dont have that touch n class like Arsenal does

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
hahah they sure dont

Since Arsenal did not have many new transfers , everyone pretty much knows how each other play , thats why the movement and the flow the game is so smooth when Arsenal play :)

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ...
man...they should buy a right winger...and then their squad is fully complete
here, ill make a list of right side players either linked or soon-to-be linked with Chelsea:

- Joquin Snchez
- Gaizka Mendieta
- Mancini
- Juninho Pernanbucano
- Elano
- Mauro Camonanesi
- Luciano
- Ricardo Quaresma
- Vicente Rodrigues
- Salva
- Felip
- Lus Figo
- Frederik Ljungberg
- Gianluca Zambrotta
- Stefano Fiore
- Srgio Conceio
- Ludovic Giuly
- Lucas Martn Castromn
- Javier Zanetti
- Marcelo Gallardo

and even..

- David Beckham :)

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
ahah... might as well buy em all seeing they got the cash muahaha

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Hmm.. I heard Figo wanted to have a go at Man Utd though, and I have a feeling he might prefer Man Utd to Chelsea. The name 'Chelsea' isn't one which inspires awe for any other reason than their endless amounts of cash. It's a squad that lacks the history and myth of any real great European club, so my theory is some of the top players would simply ignore them for that reason.

Jaoquin.. he's been linked with plenty of clubs in the last year and I expect he might go to Madrid if Figo leaves anytime soon.

Mendieta hasn't exactly been the inpiration of the Middlesbrough campaign, and certainly still isn't the player he was, so I'm not sure why Chelsea would even want him.

Anyway I think sooner or later Chelsea's gonna some sort of backlash for this BS.. probably when Abramovich gets bored of his toy and withdraws. That is of course unless they do become one of the great European clubs in the next couple of years.. I'm sceptical though

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
i hear he's looking to buy himself a formula one team sooner or later, the amount of money he'd need to invest in that would dwarve the invetment he needs for chelsea, so he might get bored of football sooner than we think.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Originally posted by RUB!X
he can do both cant he?
no doubt he can, it's more a matter of him getting bored of football in favour of Forumla 1 than a matter of finance. Then again you never know, if Chelsea can turn it on in the next couple of seasons and win everything they can win in Europe, he might just want to stay.

Anyway overnight Arsenal 5-1 Portsmouth
Man U 2-1 Fulham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)