Social effects of getting a 99+ atar? (1 Viewer)

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Don't know...maybe improve your self-esteem?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
well sucks to be you, you can be average in society... A V E R A G E

pls, excuse me, the NSW breasts association recently conducted a study and found that my tits are bigger than 3/4 of the female population, so unless you're in that gifted 1/4, don't say pathetic
I'm male, so your statistics won't work on me. I have reason to believe my one of a kind "manly mammary glands" are bigger than yours.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
What's the difference between Maplestory and League of Legends? Maplestory sucks your time and money, but League sucks your time, money and sanity.

Combo

beast
HSC
What differences did you experience after getting 99+ atar?

Do people start to take notice of you? Do you get ignored?
Do people get jealous? Do you form more fake friends?

Share your experiences.
Yeah people started taking notice of me, i got ignored. People got jealous (of being ignored). I made a tonne of fake friends. 99 atar is awesome

BDC-96

HSC
Socially it was a very awkward, yet equally exciting experience. I find it really difficult to take praise and congratulations so after getting it I was dreading attending my school ATAR morning tea. People around me were stoked and I was as well, but some noticed I was looking visibly ill (blank face, shock shaking etc). The next couple of days were nice, with all the congratulations and so on yet still it was awkward to take it all the time. Obviously not complaining though.

Biggest social consequence: Hearing "The world is your oyster" about 50 times

enoilgam

HSC
This thread just demonstrates the immense hype and emphasis placed on getting a good ATAR (which is largely misplaced in my view).

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
This thread just demonstrates the immense hype and emphasis placed on getting a good ATAR (which is largely misplaced in my view).
Care to elaborate as to why?

I mean I want to get a good ATAR as well.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
it depends on your motivation, if it's to get into your degree or a personal drive to achieve your best then i do not see how it is misplaced tbh

it's only misplaced if you are doing it solely for the sake of others wanting you to get it

enoilgam

HSC
Care to elaborate as to why?

I mean I want to get a good ATAR as well.
I think society in general overhypes the value of an ATAR and success in the HSC - when you're in school, people make the HSC out to be this apocalyptic event which determines your future and whether you succeed or failure in life. Dont get me wrong, a good ATAR is important, but it's only useful for getting into uni and scholarships (it's also important from a personal achievement perspective). Apart from that, your ATAR has little use.

it depends on your motivation, if it's to get into your degree or a personal drive to achieve your best then i do not see how it is misplaced tbh

it's only misplaced if you are doing it solely for the sake of others wanting you to get it
I meant in terms of people hyping the HSC to the point where your ATAR determines your entire future. I'm not saying it isnt important, it just doesnt match the hype surrounding it.

Last edited:

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
I think society in general overhypes the value of an ATAR and success in the HSC - when you're in school, people make the HSC out to be this apocalyptic event which determines your future and whether you succeed or failure in life. Dont get me wrong, a good ATAR is important, but it's only useful for getting into uni and scholarships. From there, your ATAR has little use.
True, most people don't care about your ATAR when you get to uni.

HSC
I don't think there are social effects. People are generally really happy for you because it is a great achievement which you worked hard for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)