social life at maq? (1 Viewer)

ND

HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
O-Week is just the first week of uni.

I'm confused. Looking at the calendar at the RMC site it says:

23Feb-1Mar: O-Week
3Mar: MU classes start

Does that mean that uni begins on the 23rd, but there are no classes? How does that work?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ~ForAGoodCause~
Flyin' are u going to the one on the 20th?
Yeah... where are you btw? I'm spose to be at... I'll say on MSN. :D
Originally posted by ND

Does that mean that uni begins on the 23rd, but there are no classes? How does that work?
I'm confused by that too. Should start early early March. *Refers to post below* That's probably right.
Originally posted by -=MLhtʻ=-
from wat i've seen uni starts on 1st march 2004

RIZAL

HSC
Originally posted by ND

RMC wants you to get there early (23rd) to participate in all the o-week festivities (e.g. waterfights, pub crawls, uni bar nights, intercollegiate activities etc).

Anyway, on the topic, I think that Macquarie has a great social aspect to it. I lived on college for the past year and for college goers, there is ALWAYS something on.

Other than that, there are heaps of other ways to meet people at uni. You can join a club at the start of semester; such as the Chinese society, Young Labour society or Actuarial Society.

Then you can meet guy/chicks at the Unibar on a Thursday night (although Unibar chicks are an acquired taste if you ask me).

oh yeah, ND, there is no Silvia club, which sucks. There is a car club but it has crap cars in it. All the good cars at uni are in other clubs like XRacing Bugen or whatever.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Hmm. I picked up this little book called 'The Heart of the Campus' -a history of the union at macq. Got it from the uni shop for $5. Macq was one hellava crazy place back in the day...it was dubbed to have the most radical bunch of students in only its second year of existence!

It was good to see they had beer sculling (now run as the Beer Olympics) on Conception Day even back in the 70's!

ND

HSC
Originally posted by Isaaq
RMC wants you to get there early (23rd) to participate in all the o-week festivities (e.g. waterfights, pub crawls, uni bar nights, intercollegiate activities etc).

Anyway, on the topic, I think that Macquarie has a great social aspect to it. I lived on college for the past year and for college goers, there is ALWAYS something on.

Other than that, there are heaps of other ways to meet people at uni. You can join a club at the start of semester; such as the Chinese society, Young Labour society or Actuarial Society.

Then you can meet guy/chicks at the Unibar on a Thursday night (although Unibar chicks are an acquired taste if you ask me).

oh yeah, ND, there is no Silvia club, which sucks. There is a car club but it has crap cars in it. All the good cars at uni are in other clubs like XRacing Bugen or whatever.
Ah ok cool. Anyway i guess i'll be seeing you at RMC.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC

what's RMC?
and why do you say they are an acquired taste?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by -=MLhtʻ=-
my mentors not only did not follow up on us...they pretend they don't know me when i wak past them in uni
i hope mine are nice. i need a mentor to talk to to ask questions! i am worried about some aspects of the course!

ND

HSC
Originally posted by iambored
what's RMC?
and why do you say they are an acquired taste?
RMC=Robert Menzies College. I don't know what is meant by 'acquired taste', but it doesn't sound too promising..

RIZAL

HSC
yeah I'm moving out. Not coz the college is bad, but I just want something new. I'll still be there for O-Week festivities and I'll be always hanging around however.

ND

HSC
Oh, do alot of people do that? (move out after the 1st year i mean)

RIZAL

HSC
yeah a lot of people do that. Maybe about 1/2.

Anyway, Reilly is staying so you'll still have someone to leech off :)

You can still come around and visit me if u wanna borrow notes. Only about 1 minute drive away. Or 10 seconds in the silvia ehehehe.

ND

HSC
yeah a lot of people do that. Maybe about 1/2.

Anyway, Reilly is staying so you'll still have someone to leech off :)
Ah ok, i'll have to convince him to lend his notes to a fellow coffs harbourian. :D

You can still come around and visit me if u wanna borrow notes. Only about 1 minute drive away. Or 10 seconds in the silvia ehehehe.
Hahah don't think i won't take you up on your offer, i'm not one to turn down anything that will reduce study time. :p

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Depends where you're coming from. But Epping Station buses are the most frequent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)