social life at unsw (1 Viewer)

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Lmao Yeah, that was totally on my mind as well! Amusingly, some Asian parents want their kids in usyd since they believe like too much asian-ism isn't good, and its supposedly 'bad distraction'.

But yeah, it's more of personal choice I reckon, though I definitely don't want to learn wizardry/witchcraft or even uni study at usyd, I just can't stand that smell of a cathedral/church, not to mention the apparent likeliness to it haha, but yeah everyone's view of it is different. But most importantly as Airness stated, I'd rather have better friends...

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Rekkusu said:
Lmao Yeah, that was totally on my mind as well! Amusingly, some Asian parents want their kids in usyd since they believe like too much asian-ism isn't good, and its supposedly 'bad distraction'.

But yeah, it's more of personal choice I reckon, though I definitely don't want to learn wizardry/witchcraft or even uni study at usyd, I just can't stand that smell of a cathedral/church, not to mention the apparent likeliness to it haha, but yeah everyone's view of it is different. But most importantly as Airness stated, I'd rather have better friends...
To be honest, I just didn't find the accounting lecture that exciting on Info Day before, and the grounds, whilst nice, look like they are too big for me to appreciate (I prefer convenience). And finally there seemed to be an air of overconfidence....

I agree with you though Airness, but it's not the hanging out which will annoy me, but when it comes to group work. You don't get to pick your partners at UNSW (or so I've heard) and if you're stuck with some fob who can't speak English and doesn't care what mark he/she gets... sigh.

elfm

HSC
seremify007 said:
To be honest, I just didn't find the accounting lecture that exciting on Info Day before, and the grounds, whilst nice, look like they are too big for me to appreciate (I prefer convenience). And finally there seemed to be an air of overconfidence....

I agree with you though Airness, but it's not the hanging out which will annoy me, but when it comes to group work. You don't get to pick your partners at UNSW (or so I've heard) and if you're stuck with some fob who can't speak English and doesn't care what mark he/she gets... sigh.
for group work, it usually depends on your tutor/lecturer whether they will let you choose your own groups or not. it's not a set rule or anything. sometimes getting random groups is good for meeting new people, but if it doesn't work out too well then you're stuck with them :p I was allowed to choose my own group this semester so all was good

phrred

HSC
Rekkusu said:
hahah I'd daresay that it'd be quite hard to find Andrew, I mean 140 yellow shirt guys! Anyways, lol probably will bump into him.

Oh btw, for those who do want to avoid asians, Usyd is like totally England-ish/British, not alot of Asians. UNSW + UWS does conc abit of asians.
totally england/british?
go to wentworth n try and say that n when ur finished wif dat go to an accounting lecture. There were 15 Chans in roll call

Alimoe_KG

HSC
seremify007 said:
if you're stuck with some fob who can't speak English and doesn't care what mark he/she gets...
You tell them you know Jay Chow personally and will tell him that he/she has been a bad bad baaaaaad gurl (fob guys and fob girls can be classed together as a collectively as "gurl").

elfm

HSC
mikeee said:
Do many wogs go to unis or is it all aussies and asians?
edited it for ya :p

but in all seriousness, there's probably like 1% of them at unsw :)

elfm

HSC
Yes the amount of asian hotness in commerce is outstanding. They aren't the slutty type, but they're the ones that wont put out until they're married... and even then you're still lucky to get some :)

gman03

HSC
I agree there are hot art students, but how many of those are not stuck-up PLUS not put make-up on them? ... ...

Me, with a scientific mind, does not compute how eye shadows are on top of eyes, sit directly between sun light and the eyelid. You mean the eye actually is cast by the eye shadows?

plz put less of that on... i honestly think that if ppl put less or none makeup on their face, they WILL look like 25 when they are actually 40s. Unlike now which most of them looked like 40s + decomposed (this applies to guys too, but I care less about them)

if it wasn't because I am make-up-phobic and perfume-phobic and sandal-phobic I would properly have a better social life, anywhere.....

nevertheless i agree there are some hot art students. Still it does not compute how eye shadows ... ...

RooRaa

HSC
N/A
Wearing eye shaddow to uni?

I dont even wear lip gloss

What classes are you talking about?

I suppose there are a few girls who wear (obvious) make up in each class but id say it would be less than 10%.

phrred

HSC
brogan77 said:
University of New South China, fantastic university, many, many asians.

University of Sydney, fantastic university, many, many hot female arts students.

you know there are actually more chinese international students at usyd than at unsw?
we just get heaps of selective school asians and heaps of singaporean n indos.
Usyd also get more int students than unsw in total believe it or not

Lundy

Banned
HSC
gman03 said:
I agree there are hot art students, but how many of those are not stuck-up PLUS not put make-up on them? ... ...

Me, with a scientific mind, does not compute how eye shadows are on top of eyes, sit directly between sun light and the eyelid. You mean the eye actually is cast by the eye shadows?

plz put less of that on... i honestly think that if ppl put less or none makeup on their face, they WILL look like 25 when they are actually 40s. Unlike now which most of them looked like 40s + decomposed (this applies to guys too, but I care less about them)

if it wasn't because I am make-up-phobic and perfume-phobic and sandal-phobic I would properly have a better social life, anywhere.....

nevertheless i agree there are some hot art students. Still it does not compute how eye shadows ... ...
Stuck up arts students? lol. Honestly can't say I've ever encountered any. Perhaps you get the impression people are stuck up because you're too shy to talk to them? I think you'll find most of us will be happy to chat. Of course you'll get the odd rude person, but all faculties have them.

Personally I don't wear makeup to uni, and the only girls I tend to see with piles of eyeshadow are asian, and it's usually applied in some garish blue or green hue.

Last edited:

RooRaa

HSC
N/A
In my experience its been the Law students who are the most stuck up. Obviously thats a huge generalisation and i have met many lovely law students, just found the idea that arts students are mostly stuck up kind of strange...

lilkatie

oh god you guys are scaring me. now i'm scared that there will be no 'hardcore' ppl at UNSW and everyone will be straight edge Asians..
hmm oh well at least i'm staying on campus so will get some social life.

Raginsheep

HSC
By hardcore, I certainly hope you don't mean hardcore asians...

Last edited:

lilkatie

Raginsheep said:
By hardcore, I certainly hope you don't mean hardcore asians...
haha no i didn't mean that, do they even exisit in the context i'm talking about.. hardcore as in ppl who party hard and aren't going to study 24/7 =)

Raginsheep

HSC
Believe it or not, most asians don't study 24/7. Study will be a part of our lives but considering its uni, it should be.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I remember when not doing work or study was considered to be "cool" in highschool.

RooRaa

HSC
N/A
haha yeh.. life was much easier back then

Now i cry if i dont like my marks (i really should not admit that in public should i?) heh

Im going out to indian for dinner yuuum.

Dont worry Katie people like to party. Best party is octoberfest :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)