Software CSSA Trial HSC (1 Viewer)

onedaysnotice

HSC
How was the exam?
I did terrible. I totally did not expect to have to actually create a structure chart nor a system flowchart, so I didn't bother revising them ._. And wtf was with that retarded ps2 mouse question for option 2? I was like @_@ Ended up not being able to do the structure chart and one other question Dx

Oh btw, for people who did option 2, what did you get for your gates? I got a NOT gate on the B line and the OR gate at the end.

BlakeOlivo

HSC
Uni Grad
I did terrible. I totally did not expect to have to actually create a structure chart nor a system flowchart, so I didn't bother revising them ._. And wtf was with that retarded ps2 mouse question for option 2? I was like @_@ Ended up not being able to do the structure chart and one other question Dx

Oh btw, for people who did option 2, what did you get for your gates? I got a NOT gate on the B line and the OR gate at the end.

HOLY MOTHER F@$@ING BALLS, that was hard... especially when they hit us with that first short response and it was like a full PAGE of just contextual information for the question :(. I ended up not attempting 3 questions. For that gates question, was it possible to do an OR then a NAND gate? Like I had my B line crossing over the A and entering the NAND gate after both A and B went through the OR gate.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Glad I did not sit that exam then. So what marks are we expecting? :/

BlakeOlivo

HSC
Uni Grad
Glad I did not sit that exam then. So what marks are we expecting? :/
<60% definitely. I didn't prepare enough :i Never have I sat a test like that and not known what to do half the time. They even managed to incorporate the difference between a traditional GUI interface and that of emerging technologies, specifically Smartphones. Was not expecting that. Oh and I was wrong, only 1/4 of this exam was based on algorithms.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
<60% definitely. I didn't prepare enough :i Never have I sat a test like that and not known what to do half the time. They even managed to incorporate the difference between a traditional GUI interface and that of emerging technologies, specifically Smartphones. Was not expecting that. Oh and I was wrong, only 1/4 of this exam was based on algorithms.
Ah I was going to tell you guys yesterday about the emerging technologies yesterday but forgot. It appeared in 2010's paper. Seems like a dot point that needs a response to be prepared carefully. Yup, 1/4, every year = less algorithms. Don't worry keep rowing. =)

onedaysnotice

HSC
HOLY MOTHER F@$@ING BALLS, that was hard... especially when they hit us with that first short response and it was like a full PAGE of just contextual information for the question :(. I ended up not attempting 3 questions. For that gates question, was it possible to do an OR then a NAND gate? Like I had my B line crossing over the A and entering the NAND gate after both A and B went through the OR gate.
I ended up doing that first short response at the end with only 6 minutes left LOL. I didn't get to finish it xD Frkn system flowcharts....

and for your gates i interpreted it as this:

A------
`````OR-------
B------```````|-------
``|``````````````NAND------
``l-----------------------

which almost works, but doesn't.

Here was the truth table:

A B Output
0 0 1
0 1 0
1 0 1
1 1 1

Your gate design results in this:

A B Output
0 0 1
0 1 0
1 0 1
1 1 0

Because the B is 1 and the OR gate outputs 1, so when it enters the NAND gate it is a 1, but then is reversed to a 0.

I think my understanding of NAND is correct....LOL. A NAND gate gets the output of if it was an AND gate, and reverses it right?

Last edited:

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I ended up doing that first short response at the end with only 6 minutes left LOL. I didn't get to finish it xD Frkn system flowcharts....

and for your gates i interpreted it as this:

A------
`````OR-------
B------```````|---------
```|``````````````NAND------
```l-----------------------

which almost works, but doesn't.

Here was the truth table:

A B Output
0 0 1
0 1 0
1 0 1
1 1 1

Your gate design results in this:

A B Output
0 0 1
0 1 0
1 0 1
1 1 0 Because the B is 1 and the OR gate outputs 1, so when it enters the NAND gate it is a 1, but then is reversed to a 0.

I think my understanding of NAND is correct....LOL A NAND gate gets the output of if it was an AND gate, and reverses it right?
This a question on converting truth table values to gates?

onedaysnotice

HSC
Anything else dodgy? No 8 markers? *sighs* Hopefully our trial exam will be easy. =)
The last question for option 2 was the dodgiest thing I've ever seen

It apparently explains how a ps2 mouse (lol wtf) sends 3 bytes to the ps2. You get a table with all these conditions and crap. Like bit 7 shows X direction overflow, bit 6 shows Y direction overflow, bit 5 shows negative direction, bit 4 was something, and bit 3 stated it always remained 1. bits 0,1,2 were for button clicks.

That was only for the first byte. Byte 2 was for X movement. Byte 3 was for Y movement

Then we were given 3 bytes. Going from memory it was something like:

10010001 10110000 11100000

(from left to right, its bit 7 to bit 0 btw)

Then we had to describe wtf was happening. I was just like @_@........

The question even contradicted itself, since at byte 3, the 5th bit was a 0 even though it said its supposed to stay 1.

Last edited:

onedaysnotice

HSC
where the heck do you get your laws???? LOL. You engage it like a professional...and there's me: "Ok lets try this...nope?..okay how about this?..no? ok now this should work" LOL

but yeah do you know how to answer the ps2 question? cuz i have no clue...

Last edited:

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
where the heck do you get your laws???? LOL You engage it like a professional...and there's me: "Ok lets try this...nope?..okay how about this?..no? ok now this should work" LOL

but yeah do you know how to answer the ps2 question? cuz i have no clue...
We got a sheet from teacher. And its going to be in our exams. :(

Learn Boolean algebra! Saves you so much time guessing and checking. I spent 1 hour guessing/checking a 12 row truth table until I got the gates haha.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
My SDD is on Friday, I feel like winging it....So much other subjects taking precedence. :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)