Software CSSA Trial HSC (1 Viewer)

onedaysnotice

HSC
WTH, you got the result just after a week?

Mine starts on Wednesday :(, functional language - paradigm :|. A question: How do you guys desk check? I usually desk check by drawing a table, put the lines correspondingly to the number of lines of the algorithm.
Isn't getting it back after a week normal? xD

And for desk checking, there's usually more rows required to desk check than the amount of lines in an algorithm. This is especially true for algorithms with repetitions or questions with with multiple input values. Just make sure you have all the necessary variables as your columns, and follow each line carefully :) If you're not restricted with table size, try to space out your checks into different rows rather than bunch them all up into a single one, it makes it a lot easier to read. At least for me it does :)

Good luck with your exam! Make sure to study well! (unlike me! Dx)

atar90plus

01000101=YES! YES! YES!
HSC
What the heck. I am going to do this next year

My teacher could not explain explain jack!!!

So how do you guys study for this exam. Does past papers even help?

Or Just by doing exercises for the textbook

Wanted to choose IPT but sadly my school did not offer that subject due to the lack of number of students

Same with my school
WTH, you got the result just after a week?

Mine starts on Wednesday :(, functional language - paradigm :|. A question: How do you guys desk check? I usually desk check by drawing a table, put the lines correspondingly to the number of lines of the algorithm.

Last edited by a moderator:

onedaysnotice

HSC
So how do you guys study for this exam. Does past papers even help?
There is an edit function yanno.

And I've been studying through reading notes on the BoS resources section and doing the past hsc papers that my teacher has been giving us :) I'd say that the papers helped, though just paying attention at class was the biggest help. I was able to retain most of the information without having to rely on notes. I do plan on making my own notes before the hsc though xD.

I've never even touched any of the textbook excerises minus the 4 or 5 exercises that my teacher set for h/w at the beginning of the year.

Last edited:

huynguyencab

HSC
Isn't getting it back after a week normal? xD

And for desk checking, there's usually more rows required to desk check than the amount of lines in an algorithm. This is especially true for algorithms with repetitions or questions with with multiple input values. Just make sure you have all the necessary variables as your columns, and follow each line carefully :) If you're not restricted with table size, try to space out your checks into different rows rather than bunch them all up into a single one, it makes it a lot easier to read. At least for me it does :)

Good luck with your exam! Make sure to study well! (unlike me! Dx)
Thank for the advice. Getting the result after a week isn't normal at my school. I did the Preliminary last year and I got the result in week 2 of this year :|. My friends say that I'll get the result back just before the graduation day (which is next month lol)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)