• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Solutions for Fitzpatrick (1 Viewer)

nathanernest

HSC
Hi guys,

I was going to continue my solutions project but I got really really lazy and now I can't even find the chapters I have already done.

So here is the project:

We want a copy of fully worked solutions for EVERY question in the Cambridge and Fitzpatrick 4U books. (Cambridge is floating around already)

They do not need to be typed out, hand written is fine.

So I will start writing again, one excersice at a time. I am asking for requests for order of preferance so I can be as useful as possible.

If Anybody out there also shares my love for maths and would really like to stick it to a particular company that sent me legal threats claiming that I "stole" his solutions (he sells them for $20 a chapter I think...). Then join me. We can help those get the things that we tried so hard to get when we did the HSC.

Whos with me?

It doesn't take long at all if you enjoy doing maths!

So, chapter requests....and a copy of the solutions should be up in a few days.

If anybody wants to help. Let me know so we don't double up on any chapters.

IMPORTANT: PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME COPIES OF THE SNG PUBLISHING SOLUTIONS. SAMI HAS TOLD ME HE WILL TAKE "LEGAL" ACTION. MY PREVIOUS MATERIAL HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THE SERVER (I THINK HE SCARED BORED OF STUDIES INTO TAKING THEM DOWN)

Lets show these students how easy 4 unit can really be! (and that its not worth paying so much more money for a tutor, or $200+ on solutions)

I only have the Fitzpatrick book ATM but I will find the dusty arnold arnold book (cambridge) soon

Last edited:

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I don't think it's possible to copyright the solution to a maths question.

Hey, this sounds interesting. I'll do it if I can get hold of a book. I'd only do integration/polynomials/complex nubmers, though.

nathanernest

HSC
Yeah, here is how it went down. In the forums, I had a topic up saying if people wanted solutions, to contact me and I woud send them to me. So I was contacted by Sami El Horsi (whatever his name is) requesting solutions (this is when he claimed I was sending out HIS solutions) He said that his solutions were the only solutions available. He just wouldn't believe that somebody else could also write solutions and want to give them away for free. I guess he doesn't know what open source is either...

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Forums are dead, mate.

Wait till school starts.

Poad

HSC
It might be a good idea to go in the order that its generally learnt? So that would be complex numbers and graphs (well, for me anyway)

Also, you're doing Cambridge as well right? RIGHT?!

nottellingu

HSC
Kk ill start working on conics
But some questions are just gay and im not going to waste my time doing those questions i.e exercide 32 (a) q 9-11

Foxodi

HSC
My school has a collection of solutions for all topics in fitzpatrick (or at least a good chunk of them). Not sure if they were done by a teacher or a different source, I'll post them up later if you want.

kony

HSC
this is an hopeless project.

textbooks are next to useless anyway for ext2.

YannY

HSC
kony said:
this is an hopeless project.

textbooks are next to useless anyway for ext2.
Then what is useful? having you as a tutor, with little experience of teaching and no guarantees? or going to harry's everyweekend because the book dosnt talk to you?

Anyways when you say something like that please do back it up with examples or its quite an insult for those people who use textbooks, not i of course i just find this humourous.(because i kinda know your intentions but lets not say)

Foxodi

HSC
Textbooks are useless, I of course choose to learn these things through my own exploration of maths using physical objects and measuring things with my ruler! -not-

ssglain

HSC
I suppose I could consider letting you scan my exercise books. Everything from Cammy 4U's there. But I still fail to see the usefulness of access to the solutions. It will be far more helpful if you just ask for hints to difficult questions in the forums here and use those to help you work out solutions yourself.

Last edited:

kony

HSC
Textbooks don't reflect exam style questions. The only one that does that to any adequate degree is Phoenix, which is a "questions practice" textbook anyway.

As a result, by doing a lot of textbook questions, you get the wrong idea about how to approach exams, and are unable to appreciate things like how many marks questions are worth, time allocation, and speed.

Zephyrio

HSC
What do you suggest to be the best approach to acing exams, Kony? I don't know - but many people tell me to do heaps and heaps and heaps of past papers.

Last edited:

kony

HSC
^lol.

Buchanan's links - check them out.

I suppose it eventually comes down to trial papers. Although, of course there's the problem of not being able to do them very well. In that case, you can either persevere (with a bit of help from tutors or teachers), or you can go back to textbooks and do some exercises. It is early in the year after all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)