Some are born gay, some achieve gayness, and some have gayness thrust upon them (1 Viewer)

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Every human being has a particular demon to battle throughout their life. The point is not the demon itself, but your fighting spirit.
yeah ok but why is somebody with down syndrome, a genetic defect, less of an abomination than a homosexual?

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
The Vatican is the Catholic Church. Youre either accept the creed we say each mass, or you dont. Youre either a Catholic or you arent.
I've always found this so strange. Can the Pope do no wrong?

morally blind. Not surprised
(most people r)
Well, except you Iron, 'cause you're so divine and morallicious. You always seem to know what's best for all of us. And why is that? Because God, in the shape of a wrinkly, old, sith-like being known as the Pope, told you.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
yeah ok but why is somebody with down syndrome, a genetic defect, less of an abomination than a homosexual?
The person with down syndrome couldnt choose his physical condition, sure. But this isnt the moral issue we are concerned with. In his case, beyond the actual impairment, the subject of his moral battles would likely be perseverance, fortitude, never giving up on life, never giving in to despair etc.

But abomination is an unfortunate term. We have every love for the person, but we cannot condone their decision to surrender to their demons. We should all fight and help eachother fight too. We should never forget the constant cosmic battle of good and evil that is being played out every day, all around us. This world is pretty grim, but our spirits can be strong.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I've always found this so strange. Can the Pope do no wrong?

Well, except you Iron, 'cause you're so divine and morallicious. You always seem to know what's best for all of us. And why is that? Because God, in the shape of a wrinkly, old, sith-like being known as the Pope, told you.
The Pope cannot stray from the creed and nor has he.

jules.09

HSC
lol ok

hey i was born with down syndrome. i know it's genetic, BUT I CAN CHOOSE TO NOT BE DOWN SYNDROME OK.
Thanks Katie, at least you got my line of argument.

But Iron, the thing is, arguably, lots of homosexuals do NOT have a choice, just like, down-syndrome kids don't have a choice. So the issue here is, homosexuality is advised against in your perspective, solely because it goes against the doctrine of the Church, isn't it? Because without the religious institution to impose such this notion on you and other adherents, you wouldn't come to the conclusion that it goes against God, right?

yoddle

is cool
HSC
morally blind. Not surprised
(most people r)
Lulz.

Anyway, I was born gay. Or somehow I became gay unconsciously, or whatever happened, I had no say in the matter.

So where do i fit in? Am i like a sinner? If so, how do i redeem myself? Can i redeem myself?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Thanks Katie, at least you got my line of argument.

But Iron, the thing is, arguably, lots of homosexuals do NOT have a choice, just like, down-syndrome kids don't have a choice. So the issue here is, homosexuality is advised against in your perspective, solely because it goes against the doctrine of the Church, isn't it? Because without the religious institution to impose such this notion on you and other adherents, you wouldn't come to the conclusion that it goes against God, right?
I certainly would. I dont just 'swallow' whatever Rome says, bro. If you actually do read what they say, they go to great lengths to explain themselves to anyone even vaguely interested.

Christ is, amongst other things, Life. To engage in relationships/a union which is closed to Life is a grave offence to the gift of sexuality. And, yeah, sexuality is really a way of man being able to glimpse God's living and eternal love for us; man and woman are brought together and in this union another life is formed. It shows, in a real and physical sense, the power of love and faith.
The more enlightened can do without this.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Lulz.

Anyway, I was born gay. Or somehow I became gay unconsciously, or whatever happened, I had no say in the matter.

So where do i fit in? Am i like a sinner? If so, how do i redeem myself? Can i redeem myself?
Like we were saying about down syndrome, there's nothing 'evil' about you having such desires, but there is everything evil about you giving in to them... Turn to fellow Christians for strengths along your journey in life and put your trust in the Lord, my fren.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Like we were saying about down syndrome, there's nothing 'evil' about you having such desires, but there is everything evil about you giving in to them... Turn to fellow Christians for strengths along your journey in life and put your trust in the Lord, my fren.
God you're such a spastic.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Cool! Will do.

jules.09

HSC
I certainly would. I dont just 'swallow' whatever Rome says, bro. If you actually do read what they say, they go to great lengths to explain themselves to anyone even vaguely interested.

Christ is, amongst other things, Life. To engage in relationships/a union which is closed to Life is a grave offence to the gift of sexuality. And, yeah, sexuality is really a way of man being able to glimpse God's living and eternal love for us; man and woman are brought together and in this union another life is formed. It shows, in a real and physical sense, the power of love and faith.
The more enlightened can do without this.
Please explain, how succumbing to homosexuality, for all BoSers to discern, is a sin, and how you can break free from something that's apparently, inherent to your genetic make up. Maybe even start a different thread dedicated to it, explain it and then end it with "Discuss". I am very interested to hear. :)

I don't see how, living among gay people, has any degree of influence over how you live your own life, especially if you're heterosexual. I don't see how "God" favours heterosexuals, or humans for that matter, just as I don't see how sprinkling holy water on an infant is advancing towards salvation.

Lentern

HSC
Please explain, how succumbing to homosexuality, for all BoSers to discern, is a sin, and how you can break free from something that's apparently, inherent to your genetic make up. Maybe even start a different thread dedicated to it, explain it and then end it with "Discuss". I am very interested to hear. :)

I don't see how, living among gay people, has any degree of influence over how you live your own life, especially if you're heterosexual. I don't see how "God" favours heterosexuals, or humans for that matter, just as I don't see how sprinkling holy water on an infant is advancing towards salvation.
Oh please withdraw your questio before Iron starts making me question my faith again.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

Sure, it deserves more of an explaination I agree. I have scattered bos with my views on the matter for many pathetic years, in many threads. No one cares.

But essentially, closing the sexual act to the gift of life is always wrong and offends God. This goes for the couple using contraceptives, to the common teenage wanker. Homosexuality is a trial and we must accept those who suffer from it with respect, compassion and sensitivity - not unjust discrimination. They are called to chastity and the unique inner-freedom which stems from self-mastery.

Behind each of us is a wind that determines our course in life. We never see it or truely know it; we only feel it... Homosexuals are still loved by God, still set to His wind and given a unique purpose in the world; all they have to do is realise it...

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Yeh, sorry. I sometimes make spelling errors

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Iron, what do you think of some LSD factions' move to chemically castrate the queer members of their congregation?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
What we do to ourselves, we do to Him... The body is a temple, made in the image of the maker. Something like chemical castration denies the human dignity which comes from mastery over our emotions. It makes us cattle...

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
The Pope cannot stray from the creed and nor has he.
But who gets to decide if the Pope has done wrong? I'm genuinely interested in the pecking order of the Vatican.

Lulz.

You fit in just fine. You're not a sinner. You don't need to redeem yourself, or more accurately, there is nothing to redeem. End of discussion.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
What we do to ourselves, we do to Him... The body is a temple, made in the image of the maker. Something like chemical castration denies the human dignity which comes from mastery over our emotions. It makes us cattle...
But doesn't he make us? So isn't homosexuality something created by God? If he is responsible for every minute detail? So who are you to question the work of God eh?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)