Some are born gay, some achieve gayness, and some have gayness thrust upon them (1 Viewer)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
VVVVp-- Relativist. Here endeth our communication

Tangent

HSC
Good, because my bed is calling me....
Thankyou for the debate, i thoroughly enjoyed it. I hope that i gave you something to think about, instead of my arguement just being dismissed.
Until tomorrow, even if my posts are not wanted

=D

luv2luvurmama

HSC
Good, because my bed is calling me....
Thankyou for the debate, i thoroughly enjoyed it. I hope that i gave you something to think about, instead of my arguement just being dismissed.
Until tomorrow, even if my posts are not wanted

=D
OMFG, What a fuc%ing nerd!!!

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Young man, you didnt accept anyone but Satan. Our Lord, Christ Jesus knows you more than yourself and weeps at your weakness
The good must be beyond yourself and, yes, maybe it is difficult and painful to live up to. This doesnt make it any less good, young man
Every time you use the phrase "young man", it makes me feel as though I really am reading a post by Margaret Thatcher.

Tangent

HSC
OMFG, What a fuc%ing nerd!!!
Hey, it was a thursday night, and i got up early for ext maths that morning....
wait, im really not helping my case here am i?

anyway, back on topic: i can conclude that for my case it was that i was born this way, and nothing anyone could do would change my sexuality

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
anyway, back on topic: i can conclude that for my case it was that i was born this way, and nothing anyone could do would change my sexuality
Maybe so, but the next move is yours. Are you going to act on these feelings?

Tangent

HSC
As i have said before, i have tried to repress those feelings, it got me no where, to a point where suicide seemed like the only option. So yes, i will accept myself, and supposedly go against god's wishes for me. This, however will not affect how i treat other people (or if it does, itll only be a good change, as i will feel better about myself).
The only problem is that i am scared of what some people will think, all the prejudie still on the subject. But my friends are cool with it, so it makes it all ok.

royalhizo

HSC
Why can't we just let people be whatever they want to be without making various bullshit theories of why people are gay or straight. People must learn to accept others and placing religion and science on the forefront of the argument merely exacerbates the issue.

I dont think that its correct to force someone's own moral/ethical values on others, let's face it, its not like the catholic church has been on the front line of morality, i mean can u honestly justify corruption, coverting other people into Christians and teaching them that that their way is the proper way to live!! What happened to love thy neighbour??

Let's just learn to accept, rather than seeking ways to expliain why people are gay

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
why can't we just let people be whatever they want to be without making various bullshit theories of why people are gay or straight. People must learn to accept others and placing religion and science on the forefront of the argument merely exacerbates the issue.

I dont think that its correct to force someone's own moral/ethical values on others, let's face it, its not like the catholic church has been on the front line of morality, i mean can u honestly justify corruption, coverting other people into christians and teaching them that that their way is the proper way to live!! What happened to love thy neighbour??

Let's just learn to accept, rather than seeking ways to expliain why people are gay
a+

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Why can't we just let people be whatever they want to be without making various bullshit theories of why people are gay or straight. People must learn to accept others and placing religion and science on the forefront of the argument merely exacerbates the issue.

I dont think that its correct to force someone's own moral/ethical values on others, let's face it, its not like the catholic church has been on the front line of morality, i mean can u honestly justify corruption, coverting other people into Christians and teaching them that that their way is the proper way to live!! What happened to love thy neighbour??

We're only trying to get our message out so that individuals can make more informed choices. It's ok if we dont get what we want, but we simply must tell you why youre wrong

xJaix

HSC
It's great that individuals can say don't act on your desires but do they really think of how it feels to be the person they're saying it to?

The homosexual who choses not to act on the desire would be alone for the rest of their life. That would be loneliness like no other, i'd almost say you'd be suffering. NEVER feeling the intimacy of another human being and being lonely would have many negative psychological effects.

It's not something i'd ever put myself through, I have been the way I am since I can remember and if that's wrong, that's fine. I have many flaws but I can assure you that I have not put others through suffering such as what religious groups in society have done to me by making me think it was so wrong.

Placing me in a very dark, lonely corner with no escape and no chance of ever living a life is not something I'd ever want to do to someone else. The day certain people learn that homosexuals too have feelings and hearts that beat and want to be loved is the day they have learnt to accept rather than judge which was never left to them anyway.

Last edited:

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
It's great that individuals can say don't act on your desires but do they really think of how it feels to be the person they're saying it to?

The homosexual who choses not to act on the desire would be alone for the rest of their life. That would be loneliness like no other, i'd almost say you'd be suffering. NEVER feeling the intimacy of another human being and being lonely would having many negative psychological effects.

It's not something i'd ever put myself through, I have been the way I am since I can remember and if that's wrong, that's fine. I have many flaws but I can assure you that I have not put others through suffering such as what religious groups in society have done to me by making me think it was so wrong.

Placing me in a very dark, lonely corner with no escape and no chance of ever living a life is not something I'd ever want to do to someone else. The day certain people learn that homosexuals too have feelings and hearts that beat and want to be loved is the day they have learnt to accept rather than judge which was never left to them anyway.
This, my friend, is sig worthy.

Cookie, +rep and Kudos to you.

HSC
Woot for gay rights! :)

It's great that you raised this issue, it's a very important one. Personally, I think 'gayness' is a combination of nature and environment...i.e. who you meet and how you identify. Consensus among people who know about such things is to be that sexuality is not fixed, MOST people are not exclusively 'gay' or 'straight' but have the potential to be attracted to either gender. I know of several people who consider themselves predominantly straight but admit to finding members of the same gender attractive in the past. Sexuality isn't just about who you're attracted to, it's also how you identify, and how others see you. For example, I have a friend who identifies as straight to the general population, gay to their friends, but is attracted to both genders. So, logically, you would label them as 'bi', but they don't see themselves that way. Until recently, I considered myself straight, until I was attracted to a friend, making me realise that it's not the gender you're attracted to, it's the person.

Anyone who wants to join my Facebook group, 'Students for Gay Rights', the link is here:

Students for gay rights... | Facebook

Last edited:

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Woot for gay rights! :)

It's great that you raised this issue, it's a very important one. Personally, I think 'gayness' is a combination of nature and nurture. Consensus among people who know about such things is to be that sexuality is not fixed, MOST people are not exclusively 'gay' or 'straight' but have the potential to be attracted to either gender. I know of several people who consider themselves predominantly straight but admit to finding members of the same gender attractive in the past. Sexuality isn't just about who you're attracted to, it's also how you identify, and how others see you. For example, I have a friend who identifies as straight to the general population, gay to their friends, but is attracted to both genders. So, logically, you would label them as 'bi', but they don't see themselves that way. Until recently, I considered myself straight, until I was attracted to a friend, making me realise that it's not the gender you're attracted to, it's the person.

Anyone who wants to join my Facebook group, 'Students for Gay Rights', the link is here:

Students for gay rights... | Facebook

Nurture has nothing to do with a child being gay. My uncle is one of 7 children and he was the only gay one.

HSC
Nurture has nothing to do with a child being gay. My uncle is one of 7 children and he was the only gay one.

Hmm. Sorry. I should've made that clearer. I guess what I meant was...for some people to realise their 'gayness' they have to meet the right person, i.e. Someone is predominantly straight but meets someone of the same gender they're attracted to, vs. someone who has the same capacity for same sex attraction but never meets the 'right' person...

But that's just my opinion. Of course, I know that many people will have different views, as obvious with the amount of replies to this topic.

Last edited:

Kizza1992

HSC
ive got nuffin against the fruits and they should be free to do what ever they like ... its their human right!

But, we gotta accept that although it sounds terrible and has negative connatations, "Homosexuality is a Disease." Just like Mental illness or other related phycological defects, and i have absolute faith that its a matter or time before science does conclude that there is a so called "Gay Gene"...

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
ive got nuffin against the fruits and they should be free to do what ever they like ... its their human right!

But, we gotta accept that although it sounds terrible and has negative connatations, "Homosexuality is a Disease." Just like Mental illness or other related phycological defects, and i have absolute faith that its a matter or time before science does conclude that there is a so called "Gay Gene"...
I dont know where to start, calling homosexuality a disease, or linking it with Mental Illnesses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)