Some teachers unfair with marking..? (1 Viewer)

le91

HSC
tommykins said:
You can't really argue that math is even mildly subjective.
Maths is actually vey subjective especially at a higher level and when teachers start to take the elegance of the solution into consideration. Of course this only applies to the last one or two quetions of the 4u paper since the other questions are just trivial speed exercises.

RemoO

HSC
yess my english teacherrr..i get full marks in my test and all but in my assignments she always marks me downn,, i gave up on english !

knoobs.

HSC
le91 said:
Of course this only applies to the last one or two quetions of the 4u paper since the other questions are just trivial speed exercises.

mmm..haha yeah 4unit papers and their pesky little questions.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
le91 said:
Maths is actually vey subjective especially at a higher level and when teachers start to take the elegance of the solution into consideration. Of course this only applies to the last one or two quetions of the 4u paper since the other questions are just trivial speed exercises.
I'm doing HSC, not Uni math mate.

HSC
that happened to me and a friend in ancient history. we tied for 2nd, the girl that got higher than us didn't have anything about debate or lack of sources, whereas we had heaps. i think we should have been at least a mark higher, they just didn't want to give anyone full marks, so we'll work even harder. failed motivation method, i just hate ancient now and put in even less work. if you're never going to get 100% what's the point in trying.

selablad

HSC
russianROULETTE said:
if you're never going to get 100% what's the point in trying.
No-one is ever going to get 100% at life, but millions of people try every day...

HSC
selablad said:
No-one is ever going to get 100% at life, but millions of people try every day...
you don't get a percentage for life, this is about school. when you don't get 100% when you deserve it, it's not very motivational.

selablad

HSC
Oh. Well, let me explain. I just meant to say, somehow, that I agree with all the people who say that you shouldn't be able to get 100% because it makes you lose motivation...(did anyone actually say that? :confused: can't remember)

Anyway, my school marks incredibly hard and most people get C's, so you have to work very hard just to get B's or low A's, so there is always something more to aim for, if you know what I mean? There's no 100%-yay-I'm-so-great-I-win-go-me because you can't get 100%. Not explaining very well, sorry!

That's still different to people getting 100% and teachers docking marks just so they don't get 100%, that means they are being marked on a different scale to the other students and that's definitely unfair. But if teachers really want people to always try, then they should mark hard to everyone.

Hey it worked for me, I never get 100% and I'm still motivated... It's kind of sad if people have to be perfect at a subject in order to be motivated?

HSC
comparing life to school marks! thats lol worthy
lol definitely.

selablad said:
Oh. Well, let me explain. I just meant to say, somehow, that I agree with all the people who say that you shouldn't be able to get 100% because it makes you lose motivation...(did anyone actually say that? :confused: can't remember)
i disagree. how is making it impossible to achieve that goal supposed to motivate me?

That's still different to people getting 100% and teachers docking marks just so they don't get 100%, that means they are being marked on a different scale to the other students and that's definitely unfair. But if teachers really want people to always try, then they should mark hard to everyone.
if you read my original post, this is exactly what i was talking about.

Hey it worked for me, I never get 100% and I'm still motivated... It's kind of sad if people have to be perfect at a subject in order to be motivated?
if you get 100% once, it doesn't guarantee you'll get it the next time. if you get 100%, you'll be motivated to match that score, unless you're stupid and say 'i got 100% in this one test, so i'm not going to study for the rest of the year'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)