something interesting I found for the 1 vs 2 related texts (1 Viewer)

Dr_Doom

HSC
nallask8r said:
you can dude, just snap your elbow or sumfin. worked for me. nah jks seriously if u have a broken arm or something they let you type (dont ask how).
I remember someone broke their arm in the school certificate and they got someone to write it for them outside the hall. Which is kinda good in a way, you could argue that they wrote to slow haha.

ashh

HSC
our teacher told us 2 pick at least 2 pieces off additional material and have them relate 2 the prescribed, stimulus and each other really well. that way u can use either one, or both if u have time. i manage 2 get 2 in, its just a matter of remembering it all...but i guess if u no wat relates, then its not so bad.

NueContura

HSC
My mate was willing to pay me $100 to break his arm so he could type for his exams.....I refused, cos his mum overheard and told me i could pay the hospital bill if i agreed.....
bummer eh...

But on another note, i tend to only write about 4-5 pages tops for my responses. I focus on quality rather than quantity....and i do pretty well too....
Plus it allows me more time to write more on the sections i suck at, thus hopefully scamming a few more marks for having a seemingly longer n therefore 'better' essay lol.....

Dr_Doom

HSC
NueContura said:
My mate was willing to pay me $100 to break his arm so he could type for his exams.....I refused, cos his mum overheard and told me i could pay the hospital bill if i agreed.....
bummer eh...

But on another note, i tend to only write about 4-5 pages tops for my responses. I focus on quality rather than quantity....and i do pretty well too....
Plus it allows me more time to write more on the sections i suck at, thus hopefully scamming a few more marks for having a seemingly longer n therefore 'better' essay lol.....
*Breaks arm*

"OMG WRONG ONE!"

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Vicsta said:
theyl probably only as for at least one related text, very rare an plus all other hsc years have been at least ONE related text, as for me im doing lost in translation (film)
In the 2001 HSC more than one related text was required:

In your answer, you should refer to your prescribed text, ONE text from the prescribed stimulus booklet Changing, and other related texts of your own choosing.

"Other related texts" (note the plural) means you have to do more than one related text. So it is certainly possible that you could be required to write about more than one related text. For me, I've got three related texts (I must be crazy!!)ready as backup, though two of them are films. I initially plan to go for one related text, but if I have more time I'll go for a second related text.
If you really want a strong argument you should use a second related text. A lot of the high range responses in that Student Answers book and the exemplars use more than one related text because they have an extensive argument and extensive textual support. However, if you're running out of ideas to support your argument, it's probably better to do one related text.

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
i just spoke to a guy from hsc advice line and he said for ppl doing poetry (ie 2 poems) to only do one related text if given the opportunity. :\

ane_st

HSC
Yea im doing Coleridge, so i got 2 of his poems... 1 stimulus and 1 related text is pretty much what i can write in 40min.... And the chick on the advice line said they will ask us AT LEAST one related text (so you can write two) and one stimulus text...

EDIT: which is pretty much what you guys said.... haha

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
NueContura said:
bummer eh...
I thought that that was your creative writing for a moment. Anyways.

Take care of yourself.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
NueContura said:
bummer eh...
I thought that that was your creative writing for a moment. Anyways.

Take care of yourself.

Dr_Doom

HSC
lol it could be a good creative writing story. The journey of cheating the system.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Keep in mind that it is possible to score high with 1 related text or 2.

s1mplykat

HSC
Trebla said:
In the 2001 HSC more than one related text was required:

In your answer, you should refer to your prescribed text, ONE text from the prescribed stimulus booklet Changing, and other related texts of your own choosing.

"Other related texts" (note the plural) means you have to do more than one related text. So it is certainly possible that you could be required to write about more than one related text. For me, I've got three related texts (I must be crazy!!)ready as backup, though two of them are films. I initially plan to go for one related text, but if I have more time I'll go for a second related text.
If you really want a strong argument you should use a second related text. A lot of the high range responses in that Student Answers book and the exemplars use more than one related text because they have an extensive argument and extensive textual support. However, if you're running out of ideas to support your argument, it's probably better to do one related text.
2001 (i think), was the first year to have the concept of "Journeys" being studied as the AOS.. i dont completely dismiss the possibility that they will ask for two self selective text, but following recent past paper trends. i assuming that they're more likely to ask for "ONE other related text" or "at least ONE other related text". the probability that they'll ask for two is pretty low.. but nevertheless it would be a bitch if they did ask for two... but think of it like this, as of next year they BOS is going to axe the stimulus booklet so i think thats an indication that they do realise that we, student, have to write quite a shit load.

rickn

HSC
You should definetly be writing upwards of 8 pages, around the 1000-1200 words mark for an A range response. In three or even less than 8 pages it is impossible to deal with the texts in a sophisticated or detailed manner. However if it isnt an essay than it can be a little shorter but still at least 8 pages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)