sooty and sweep appreciation thread (1 Viewer)

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
I was amazed to discover at school last week that there were people in my year that actually knew and loved sooty and sweep!! i was happy to let them borrow my videos :D

now, inspired by yenta's av.. i decided to make an offical thread about the tv show i loved so much!!

favourite episodes anyone??

chingly_choo

Bustin' this crib
HSC
Man I loved that show as a child and I was aksing my friends today and only one other person had heard of Sooty! Everyone else thought I'd made it up! Travesty!

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Love them to bits!!

I was feeling nostalgic a few weeks back and went to the video store to see if there was any Sooty. The people in the video store had the exact same reaction "OMG, I didn't even know we had this! I loved Sooty and Sweep!". Another guy started hitting on me... which was quite bizarre... :eek:
Hahah.

I've only got some dodgy new video with Sooty's cousin Scampi. Since when did Scampi come into all this??? It was always just Sooty, Sweep and Soo (and Matthew). :confused:

The Christmas ep. was pretty funny. Sweep plonks a huge slab of butter on Matthew's desk to 'butter him up'. And sweep giving Fergie a giant bone.... I love little Sweep. :p

Last edited:

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
i'd just like to point out that i had the first BOS Sooty and Sweep avatar........and my dog is called Sweep

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
babez_hamp said:
i'd just like to point out that i had the first BOS Sooty and Sweep avatar........and my dog is called Sweep
Lol I love your av - Wet & Wild Water Fun! I'm going to buy that DVD off eBay, they look sooo cute in their little snorkels! I also bought "An Audience with Sooty" for about 9 pounds. Though this show was so long ago that I don't even remember any of the episodes.

Yeah it's surprising how many people remember and love Sooty, I only found out the other day that my bf (of 1½ years) loves sooty too. <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 to Sooty and Sweep!

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Hippy La-Laa said:
I've only got some dodgy new video with Sooty's cousin Scampi. Since when did Scampi come into all this??? It was always just Sooty, Sweep and Soo (and Matthew). :confused:
ive actually got three videos.. sooty out and about, sooty and superdog and one of the new ones sooty and co. with cousin scampy. the first videos are my favourite!!

green_fairy

mmm, absinthe
HSC
i loved sooty and sweep i'd forgotten about them until i saw yenta's av a little while ago. i loved the way they talked!

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
<3 SWEEP!!! sooty's alright too, but didn't really like soo....what has a panda got to do with anything. all in all i love em!!! sooo funny

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
yenta said:
Lol I love your av - Wet & Wild Water Fun! I'm going to buy that DVD off eBay, they look sooo cute in their little snorkels! I also bought "An Audience with Sooty" for about 9 pounds. Though this show was so long ago that I don't even remember any of the episodes.

Yeah it's surprising how many people remember and love Sooty, I only found out the other day that my bf (of 1½ years) loves sooty too. <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 to Sooty and Sweep!

i wish the ABC would put it back on. i remember watching it and then it would finish and the BBC Thames river sign would come on the screen. it's weird what you remember after so long.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
I just watched the "An Audience with Sooty" video...I pissed myself laughing the whole way through. Sweep is soooo funny!!!

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
^ Is that the one where Sweep magics up a sausage plant?

I was watching one of the eps on 'Superdog'. How ADORABLE is Sweep's family!!! Swoop, Swop.. He's gogeous.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Hippy La-Laa said:
^ Is that the one where Sweep magics up a sausage plant?

I was watching one of the eps on 'Superdog'. How ADORABLE is Sweep's family!!! Swoop, Swop.. He's gogeous.
??? nup, it's a special, with an audience of "celebrities" (though I have never heard of any of them) and their kids, asking sooty and matthew questions. Also shows some outtakes and various other scenes from episodes.

Omg, tell me about Superdog?? What is Sweep's family like? Do they all squeak like him? Omg I'm so buying it

kat_mandu

What the?
HSC
yenta said:
I just watched the "An Audience with Sooty" video...

I had that video when i was little and i watched it like five times a day until i eventually wore the tape out :(.

I used to sit there with my hand up hoping that they would ask me for a question, and id get really upset cause they never did. :(

I love sooty and sweep they were the best!

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
It's a British show. Been around for yonks- since the 50's, but back then it was presented by Harry Corbett, we grew up with his son, Matthew Corbett. It's still going in Britain, but the ABC stopped showing it in the very early 90's. Now all we have are videos and DVDs to remember them by... :(

Yenta said:
Omg, tell me about Superdog?? What is Sweep's family like? Do they all squeak like him? Omg I'm so buying it
Yeah, that's the funny part, he has an identical twin brother and the rest of the family are pretty much identical too. It's hilarious when the whole lot get together to squeak 'How Much Is That Doggy In The Window?'!!! It's just a whole episode of squeaking!!! Love it!! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)