Soulja Boy Appreciation (1 Viewer)

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
this kid deserves props.

In a space of 2 years he has made so many fresh ass beats, new sounds, new sayings, new dances. He has become one of the most downloaded artists on the net. With one song, he singlehandedly changed the face of hip hop.

He is 18, has amazing entrepreneurial skills and he is making $$$.

This is hip-hop.

[youtube]0Pga4ax5aus[/youtube]

Appreciate.

Gloves

HSC
soulja boy's songs have absolutely 0 lyrical value.

but i respect his entrepreneurial skills.

Mantello

Banned
HSC
this kid deserves props.

In a space of 2 years he has made so many fresh ass beats, new sounds, new sayings, new dances. He has become one of the most downloaded artists on the net. With one song, he singlehandedly changed the face of hip hop.

He is 18, has amazing entrepreneurial skills and he is making $$$.

This is hip-hop.

[youtube]0Pga4ax5aus[/youtube]

Appreciate.
...and how many of which are legally bought downloads?
It's not really that awesome to be the number one downloaded artist, but the number one artist to have lost the most profit from illegal downloads.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
fuck that is the most inane niggerish song ever

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
...and how many of which are legally bought downloads?
It's not really that awesome to be the number one downloaded artist, but the number one artist to have lost the most profit from illegal downloads.
He released his un-signed material on Soundclick and Youtube long before he was signed to Interscope. It was the free movement of digital media which brought him fame.

btw, he is probably making money as a paid partner on youtube. So those 400million video views are probably paying his bills

Myspace Views(60,000,000+)
YouTube Views(400,448,420+)
Album Sales(1,000,000+)
Digital Sales(5,000,000+)
Ringtones(5,000,000+)
BMI Producer of the year
Grammy Nominated
#1 Song In The World
#1 Billboard 7weeks
BET Hip Hop Award Winner
Ozone Award Winner
Producer, Gamer, Actor, Comedian.
Owner of Club Excalibur.
Leader Of SODMG Gamers.
Founder Of SODMG Ent.

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
lolwut.

I learned the Crank Dat dance off Youtube and used to do it at school with my best friend like a knob...Ahh good times.

But seriously, lolwut?

Mantello

Banned
HSC
Myspace Views(60,000,000+)
YouTube Views(400,448,420+)
Album Sales(1,000,000+)
Digital Sales(5,000,000+)
Ringtones(5,000,000+)
BMI Producer of the year
Grammy Nominated
#1 Song In The World
#1 Billboard 7weeks
BET Hip Hop Award Winner
Ozone Award Winner
Producer, Gamer, Actor, Comedian.
Owner of Club Excalibur.
Leader Of SODMG Gamers.
Founder Of SODMG Ent
Myspace doesn't mean shit in the music world nowdays. I can tell you this because I'm a music producer as well. Youtube views, do you realise people most of the time use youtube to rip the song from there and convert it to mp3. I've done it myself, not hard to do. So he's lost a bit of money there. So out of the 400 million views, 300 million of those people / views have gone to conversion to mp3 from youtube.

The other factors I won't complain about. Granted he made it as a good aertist, but don't count an artists potential by how many views hes got on myspace.

Maryjane.

HSC
Lol this is the first thread thats EVER got my attention.. and actually the first im replying too and you guys want to delete it just coz you can't have a decent conversation about something.
Anyways, I don't see Soljah boy as like revolutionary to HipHop.. but his songs certainly bring happiness to people..coz theyre just so random and funny and I think he's successful coz of that.
Take caaaare :)

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
So out of the 400 million views, 300 million of those people / views have gone to conversion to mp3 from youtube.

so 3/4 out of all yt users know how to convert flvs to mp3s? i'm not saying it's difficult i just think it's a HUGE overestimation of the knowledge of the people who use yt

Mantello

Banned
HSC
so 3/4 out of all yt users know how to convert flvs to mp3s? i'm not saying it's difficult i just think it's a HUGE overestimation of the knowledge of the people who use yt
Type in google, "Youtube converting". You'll find it's that easy to download a 5MB program.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)