Soundwave Revolution anyone? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Anyone going?

I reeeeeaaaaaally want to go. :cry:
So many of my favourite bands will be there.

MetalTheory

HSC
Uni Grad
It's a very weird bill. Devin Townsend Project and Holy Grail are something to look forward to, while Gojira, Steel Panther Alice Cooper and Watain should be interesting, especially the latter with their stage show and everything. Kvelertak and Hatebreed might be good for a laugh. Aside from the aforementioned, the line-up, I have to say, is pretty bad but what can you expect with Australian music festivals? Listing every band would be both long and unneeded, but what were they thinking by putting orthodox black metal (Watain) in a primarily pop punk/metalcore festival?

I'd like to go to catch the bands that aren't doing sideshows, but late September is leaning eerily close to HSC time. Besides, why would I go to a festival with bands which most of them I dislike when I can go to shows with bands that are great, like Blind Guardian and Alcest?

Cianyx

Planarian Leader
HSC
I'd go for like 4 bands there. 5, if I'm curious enough. Those 4 are the most out of placed bands there. The organisers of this festival is a retard

Edit: if you're wondering, it's SoM, Cro-Mags, DTP and Watain. Kvelertak is a shit band but I might be drunk enough to think otherwise. Maybe Gojira for nostalgia sake, but then again, it's Gojira

Last edited:

MetalTheory

HSC
Uni Grad
I'd go for like 4 bands there. 5, if I'm curious enough. Those 4 are the most out of placed bands there. The organisers of this festival is a retard

Edit: if you're wondering, it's SoM, Cro-Mags, DTP and Watain. Kvelertak is a shit band but I might be drunk enough to think otherwise. Maybe Gojira for nostalgia sake, but then again, it's Gojira
I agree, Kvelertak are bad, but I might watch them to see what they're like. I'm sure that all the mainstream kids at the show will be confused with their "blend" of pop punk and black metal. I think the confusion would be funny enough. And if I go I'm definitely there for Hatebreed. I despise the band, their image and everything they stand for but they're the biggest inside joke in my circle of friends that we can't help but see them for a laugh.

LonelyWolf

HSC
Yeah I'm going, the 'normal' Soundwave earlier this year was the best day of my life, it was fucking insane. For revolution, its full of alot of faggot bands, however there are a couple i want to see/meet:

van halen, alice cooper, gojira, machine head, bad religion. i think there announcing extra headliners tonight, so we shall see

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)