• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Southpac closes, tragedy? (1 Viewer)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
ICBM for the unitiated. Which is an acronym for In Canberra (or City I forget) Before Midnight.

Personally you are most likely to find me upstairs at The Moose, I generally dislike the music, prices, clientele, ambience, etc at other nightspots.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
_Benji_ said:
Shane, where is the brucie love for the pac? ah so many good nights ending up in the seediness that was the Pac. RIP.

Classic example was when me, Dixon and Alec went and there was a $5 cover charge and Alec went to the bouncer "what the hell YOU GUYS are charging!" and the bouncer was just like "look how many ppl are here!" and naturally we were like stuff that and walked away while Alec muttered loudly "Im not paying $5 to be raped by a Tongan".

Has anyone been to club nitro?

Icies> Shooters
Bruce>Ursies

That being said... nothing beats a bit of Cube-ige
It must be a bottom South thing, but everyone in that wing starts going to Cube within a month of arriving at college. There must be something in the water.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Homosexuality is catching these days??

Maybe its a link to catered food and private school backgrounds.... ;).

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
Melbourne, or as it shoulda, could, woulda been ca
HSC
I always thought that quatro had to be a front for something seedy - drug dealling or something like that. It never, ever had people in it, yet stayed open. Maybe its closure disproves my theory. Or maybe they were busted and thats why they closed, proving my theory.

And people who say Southpac was shit are missing the point, that was its appeal! It was seedy and dodgy and often sticky, but it was fun and full of people that you know and convenient pot plants to spew in. Complaining that Southpac was gross is like complaing that grass is green or that Ursies people are odd...

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Quattro closed as a result of loosing a court case. I'm not sure what kind of case rumour is underage drinking or drug dealing on the premises. Both of which were well known 'features' of Quattro.

As far as it being a front the owners also owned Sultans which did better business and I daresay that some of the cage dancers also did tricks so maybe the front was for prostitution?

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Woroni says so...

PS: I know who writes that column, B&G is next.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)