Special Consideration (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Garth said:
mate im sorry u were not talented enough to apply for special considerations. its not pussy its smart. why not get extra uai points?? . now can anyone else offer some information that is helpful??/
I could have easily gotten 5 extra points, but I chose not to because I would prefer to earn my position in a course, and that's precisely what I'm doing now. And also, how does "talented" and "I NEED EXTRA UAI POINTS! WAHHHH!" go together?

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Garth said:
how do u apply for the special considerations etc for extra UAI poitns??????
What circumstances warrants you to apply for special consideration? EAS and other schemes require special cases that you need to satisfy before you're considered.

If you don't have any, and just want to get special consideration because you think you won't make the cutoff, then withoutaface is right. It's better to earn the position.

Of course, there are some special cases. If somehow I got into BSc (Adv Maths), then I wouldn't really care if I didn't earn the position through UAI.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
if you want to apply for EAS, the forms get sent out to the schools, so you need to speak to your year coordinator or careers advisor. This is for things like prolonged injury or illness, financial hardship, personal issues eg parents getting divorces, close relative dying etc that affected your study throughout year 12. You will have to show proof, like, doctors certificated, evidence of centrelink payments, death certificate of relative etc.

If something stuffs up your study right before the HSC, like you break your arm, or you are sick and miss an exam, thats different, and i'm not sure about the procedure for that.

Usyd usually requires you to have significant evidence of hardship, they accept people willy nilly. But it is very subjective, so it differs for each person who applies.

The EAS scheme can let you in for up to 5 UAI points lower, but it varies according to the course, and every year it changes. Eg. I applied with EAS for Vet with a UAI of 97 (cut off was 98) and missed out, but the next year, someone got in on EAS with a UAI of 95. Your level of hardship doesnt affect how many points lower you can get in for. Usyd sees it as you are either disadvantaged or not, and of the disadvantaged ppl, the top few for each course will be accepted. so obviously in my year there were disadvantaged people applying for vet who got UAI's higher than mine (but still lower than the cutoff).

hope that makes sense.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Mambomeg said:
If something stuffs up your study right before the HSC, like you break your arm, or you are sick and miss an exam, thats different, and i'm not sure about the procedure for that.
Get a medical certificate and hand it in. Then appeal for your internal mark to be used.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)