Speculative ATAR estimate (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi all, would anyone willing be able to give me a rough ATAR estimate based off these current ranks (haven't done mid yearly exams yet):

School is ranked 20-26 in NSW

English Advanced: 92/153 rank
Mathematics extension 1: 14/70 rank
Mathematics extension 2: 35/56 rank
Physics: 31/66 rank
Visual arts: 4/18 rank

Thanks all (P.S. I'm aiming for a 95 ATAR or above)

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
it might be good to provide band 6's of previous years so we are able to give you a better estimate

HSC
Honestly rn seems to be a bit early for an accurate atar estimate

but if u wanna maximise atar, it'll probably be good to focus on improving physics and english

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Based on the information that you have provided, I believe that your current performance is consistent with an ATAR in the low to mid 90's range. More specifically, that would be an ATAR between 91 and up to 95. From this, it can be inferred that you have a chance of achieving your ATAR goal. However, you may not be performing at that standard overall at this stage. It might be of interest to have a more in-depth look at your performance.

Your current position in Mathematics Extension 1 and Visual Arts is favourable and is likely to make a positive contribution to your ATAR. Because of this, it is important to do your utmost so as to maintain (and if possible, improve) your rank in each subject to maximise your chances of reaching your desired ATAR. The same can be said about your position in Mathematics Extension 2, although perhaps to a lower extent. This means that there may be some room for improvement, which would help in bringing you closer to your ATAR goal.

As mentioned in the above post, your current position in English Advanced and Physics appears to be the least favourable. While your performance itself might not necessarily be of a low standard, it could limit the possibility of you receiving an ATAR of at least 95. You should therefore aim to address any relevant areas of improvement in these two subjects going forward so that you can improve your rank in each subject, which will hopefully place you in a better position as you approach your HSC exams.

I hope this helps! :D

HSC
Based on the information that you have provided, I believe that your current performance is consistent with an ATAR in the low to mid 90's range. More specifically, that would be an ATAR between 91 and up to 95. From this, it can be inferred that you have a chance of achieving your ATAR goal. However, you may not be performing at that standard overall at this stage. It might be of interest to have a more in-depth look at your performance.

Your current position in Mathematics Extension 1 and Visual Arts is favourable and is likely to make a positive contribution to your ATAR. Because of this, it is important to do your utmost so as to maintain (and if possible, improve) your rank in each subject to maximise your chances of reaching your desired ATAR. The same can be said about your position in Mathematics Extension 2, although perhaps to a lower extent. This means that there may be some room for improvement, which would help in bringing you closer to your ATAR goal.

As mentioned in the above post, your current position in English Advanced and Physics appears to be the least favourable. While your performance itself might not necessarily be of a low standard, it could limit the possibility of you receiving an ATAR of at least 95. You should therefore aim to address any relevant areas of improvement in these two subjects going forward so that you can improve your rank in each subject, which will hopefully place you in a better position as you approach your HSC exams.

ty goat

carrotsss

HSC
For real? What makes you think so?
Maybe I was a bit generous with your extension 2 mark (I’m assuming it’ll improve a bit given your high extension 1 rank) but idk what to tell you, that’s just what I got in ATAR compass

Lunelle

HSC
I'm really worried because my school is not even in top 150 and our highest ATAR last year was about 98.5ish.

Like I'm actually so scared rn because I'm scared that even though I try hard and get good grade, my school's ranking will pull my grades down.

These are my subjects and what my marks look like, can you give me an estimate? This is my marks for the first assessment (I haven't got half-yearlies back yet):

English Advanced: 87%
Chemistry: 92%
Physics: 89%
Biology: 98%
Math Advanced: 100%
Math Extension 1: 85%
-------------------------------
UCAT: Around 3100ish (give or take 50 points)
LAT (maybe)

I just want an ATAR above 98 but looking at the way things are going, im not so sure.

edit: I'm doing the LAT!!

Last edited:

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm really worried because my school is not even in top 150 and our highest ATAR last year was about 98.5ish.

Like I'm actually so scared rn because I'm scared that even though I try hard and get good grade, my school's ranking will pull my grades down.

These are my subjects and what my marks look like, can you give me an estimate? This is my marks for the first assessment (I haven't got half-yearlies back yet):

English Advanced: 87%
Chemistry: 92%
Physics: 89%
Biology: 98%
Math Advanced: 100%
Math Extension 1: 85%
-------------------------------
UCAT: Around 3100ish (give or take 50 points)
LAT (maybe)

I just want an ATAR above 98 but looking at the way things are going, im not so sure.
To maximise the accuracy of estimates that you might receive, I would recommend including your rank in each of your subjects (if known, or they can be approximations) and the number of band 6's/E4's achieved at your school in each of your subjects, which can be found on hscninja.

While the marks that you received appear to be favourable, whether this is indeed the case cannot be assessed based solely on the mark values, which is where the additional information that I mentioned becomes important.

Lunelle

HSC
To maximise the accuracy of estimates that you might receive, I would recommend including your rank in each of your subjects (if known) and the number of band 6's/E4's achieved at your school in each of your subjects, which can be found on hscninja.

While the marks that you received appear to be favourable, whether this is indeed the case cannot be assessed based solely on the mark values, which is where the additional information that I mentioned becomes important.
Sorry about that! Here are the respective rankings for my subjects:
English Adv: 14
Chem: 15
Phys: 4
Bio: 3
Math Adv: 1
Math Ext 1: 12

Total B6's - 123
Unique B6's - 70
State ranks - 7

EDIT: These includes accelerated students :)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Sorry about that! Here are the respective rankings for my subjects:
English Adv: 14
Chem: 15
Phys: 4
Bio: 3
Math Adv: 1
Math Ext 1: 12

Total B6's - 123
Unique B6's - 70
State ranks - 7

EDIT: These includes accelerated students :)
No problem! Based on this information, I believe that your current performance is consistent with an ATAR of up to 94.5.

Your performance in Mathematics Advanced and Biology is of a high standard and is highly likely to make a positive contribution to your ATAR. Because of this, it is important that you maintain your optimal position in Mathematics Advanced and your favourable position in Biology. You may also have the opportunity to improve your rank in Biology which, if you do, would further enhance the contribution that this subject would make towards your ATAR.

Your performance in the rest of your subjects is not of a low standard by any means. However, achieving your ATAR goal would require you to improve your position as much as possible in each of those subjects so that you can maximise your chances of reaching an ATAR this high. This is most importantly applicable to Chemistry and English Advanced, with the latter being the only subject that will always fully count towards your ATAR, as opposed to your other subjects, where Mathematics Extension 1 may halve the contribution of one of your other two unit subjects, or may not count towards your ATAR altogether, depending on your overall performance.

Of course, it is important to keep in mind that such estimates are not decisive. In fact, I believe that you are on the right track in terms of achieving your ATAR goal. Hopefully you will be able to perform at a higher standard in your upcoming assessment tasks/exams, which will ultimately bring you closer to your desired ATAR.

I hope this helps! 😄

Lunelle

HSC
No problem! Based on this information, I believe that your current performance is consistent with an ATAR of up to 94.5.

Your performance in Mathematics Advanced and Biology is of a high standard and is highly likely to make a positive contribution to your ATAR. Because of this, it is important that you maintain your optimal position in Mathematics Advanced and your favourable position in Biology. You may also have the opportunity to improve your rank in Biology which, if you do, would further enhance the contribution that this subject would make towards your ATAR.

Your performance in the rest of your subjects is not of a low standard by any means. However, achieving your ATAR goal would require you to improve your position as much as possible in each of those subjects so that you can maximise your chances of reaching an ATAR this high. This is most importantly applicable to Chemistry and English Advanced, with the latter being the only subject that will always fully count towards your ATAR, as opposed to your other subjects, where Mathematics Extension 1 may halve the contribution of one of your other two unit subjects, or may not count towards your ATAR altogether, depending on your overall performance.

Of course, it is important to keep in mind that such estimates are not decisive. In fact, I believe that you are on the right track in terms of achieving your ATAR goal. Hopefully you will be able to perform at a higher standard in your upcoming assessment tasks/exams, which will ultimately bring you closer to your desired ATAR.

I hope this helps! 😄
Thank you so much @jimmysmith560 for your help! I will work on the areas you suggested in order to maximise my ATAR!

__samuelkim__

HSC
Hi all, would anyone willing be able to give me a rough ATAR estimate based off these current ranks (haven't done mid yearly exams yet):

School is ranked 20-26 in NSW

English Advanced: 92/153 rank
Mathematics extension 1: 14/70 rank
Mathematics extension 2: 35/56 rank
Physics: 31/66 rank
Visual arts: 4/18 rank

Thanks all (P.S. I'm aiming for a 95 ATAR or above)
95 - 96 atar for sure w these ranks

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi, I recently completed my trials at a pretty ordinary school (roughly rank 450), and was wondering whether I could get some insight into what my potential ATAR may be. I honestly can say I crammed the night beforehand for my English papers and my Modern paper, and that I didn't study for PDHPE apart from some multiple choice the night before: This will not happen again in the HSC (forecasted HSC marks below).

My trial marks were:
English Advanced: 81/100
Maths Standard 2: 93/100
Business Studies 94/100
Modern History: 79/100 (marker is generous for Modern, so its more likely to be a low band4 or high band3 (my other marks are accurate))
PDHPE: 63/100 (i didn't study)

My overall internal ranks following the trials are:
English Advanced: 4th (my english class is tryhard, so hopefully my rank won't pull me down)
Maths Standard 2: 1st
Business Studies 1st
Modern History: 1st or 2nd (unsure, I'll have to confirm with teacher later)
PDHPE: 1st

(my plan is to band5/band6 PDHPE by the time the HSC rolls around) I predict my raw marks for the HSC to be something like this:
English Advanced: 80 to 85/100
Maths Standard 2: 95 to 100/100
Business Studies 85 to 95/100
Modern History: 60 to 75/100
PDHPE: 85 to 95/100

Taking into consideration my trial marks, rankings, and forecasted marks, what ATAR do you predict I'm on track to achieve? A 90 would be nice, but I really only need an 81 to achieve my conditional university offer. Thanks
If applicable, it would be good to include the number of band 6's achieved at your school in each of your subjects as this can contribute to more accurate ATAR estimates. However, based on this information, your performance seems to be consistent with an ATAR in the low to mid 80's range. More specifically, that would be an ATAR between 80 and 85.

Mathematics Standard, Business Studies and PDHPE appear to be your best-performing subjects and are likely to make a positive contribution to your ATAR. In particular, PDHPE can be described as such, especially in the event that you are also able to achieve the highest Examination Mark (HSC exam mark) in your cohort, in which case that would become your overall HSC mark. It is therefore important that you prepare for your HSC exams to the best of your ability, which will hopefully allow you to perform at your predicted standard and consequently maximise your ATAR.

On the other hand, English Advanced and Modern History appear to be your lower-performing subjects. This could indicate that you need to place additional emphasis on your preparation for your English Advanced and Modern History HSC exams, which includes addressing areas of improvement as you progress, so that you can ensure that neither subject limits your chances of reaching your desired ATAR.

Overall, your minimum ATAR goal is definitely within reach. An ATAR of 90 may also be within reach. Your exact chances of achieving a 90 ATAR will heavily depend on your performance in your HSC exams.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
canigraduatenow said:
i go to a school ranked within the 200-250 range and my current cohort (at least the ones near the top 10 are pretty strong). do i have a chance of getting an atar above 90-95??
my marks + ranks:
business: 98% (rank 1/29)
legal: 97% (rank 1/27)
english advanced: 88% (rank 5/88)
maths advanced: 75% (rank 8/32) [WE DONT TALK ABOUT THE MATH MARK LOL]
biology: 90% (rank 6/42)
chemistry: 83% (rank 6/20)
It would be a good idea to provide additional information, such as the specific number of band 6's achieved at your school in each of your subjects, as it could contribute to more accurate estimates. Given this information, your performance appears to be consistent with an ATAR in the low 90's range. More specifically, you seem to be on track with an ATAR between 91 and 93.

Business Studies and Legal Studies are clearly your best-performing subjects, and the fact that you are ranked first in both subjects places you in a comfortable position as you approach your HSC exams in both subjects. This means that both subjects are likely to make a positive contribution to your ATAR, because of which you should ensure that you thoroughly prepare for your Business Studies and Legal Studies HSC exams.

The same can be suggested regarding English Advanced and Biology, although perhaps to a slightly lesser extent. This could indicate that there may be some minor areas of improvement that you could address as part of your preparations for your HSC exams in both subjects, allowing you to maximise your chances of achieving your ATAR goal.

On the other hand, Mathematics Advanced and Chemistry appear to be your lowest-performing subjects. Based on this, you may wish to consider focusing more on your preparations for both subjects' HSC exams, allowing you to perform at a higher standard, which will in turn hopefully bring you closer to your desired ATAR.

Overall, you can definitely achieve an ATAR above 90 if you maintain your current overall performance. An ATAR of 95 and above is also possible. However, you must perform at the highest possible standard in all of your HSC exams to improve your chances of reaching an ATAR that high.

I hope this helps! 😄

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Charlie129 said:
Hi, just curious if I'd be able to get an atar in the 80s.

School rank - fluctuates around 200th to 400th, but usually around 300th
Maths Advanced - 11/34 3b6 (83% trial mark, our grade average was around 60% and the test seemed far easier than the past hsc papers I've sat)
English Advanced - 15/23 3b6 (80% trial mark)
Design & Technology - 2/12 0b6 (76% trial mark)
Software Design & Development - 2/8 1b6 (72% trial mark, not too proud of this one)
Information Processes & Technology - 2/13 1b6 (87% trial mark)

Thanks you!
Given this information, you seem to be on track with an ATAR between 73 and 75.

Your position is the most favourable in Information Processes and Technology. This means that it is likely that this subject will make a positive contribution towards your ATAR. Because of this, you should ensure that you maintain your seemingly effective study strategy for this subject as you continue to thoroughly prepare for your IPT HSC exam. Doing so will hopefully allow you to maintain this overall standard of performance in this subject and maximise the contribution of this subject to your ATAR.

In terms of your ATAR goal, your remaining subjects appear to be undermining the contribution made by IPT and possibly preventing you from reaching your desired ATAR. Specifically, your position in Mathematics Advanced, English Advanced and Software Design and Development is less favourable, although perhaps not as unfavourable in English Advanced as Mathematics Advanced and SDD. You should therefore focus on addressing areas of improvement as you continue to prepare for the HSC exams of these subjects so that you can improve your overall performance in each of them and ultimately increase your chances of achieving your ATAR goal.

It seems that Design and Technology is your lowest-performing subject. Based on this, you may wish to consider placing additional emphasis on your preparations for this subject's HSC exam, as well as make sure that you address any difficulties that you face as you continue preparing.

Overall, an 80+ ATAR is possible, although your chances of achieving an ATAR in that range will heavily depend on your performance in your HSC exams. The HSC exams are a great opportunity for you to make a comeback since they contribute the remaining 50% of your HSC marks across your subjects. From this point, the better your results, the higher your chances of reaching your target ATAR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)