GUYS PLS GIVE ME AN ATAR ESTIMATE im stressing for hsc and need motivation

my school is ranked around 45-50
english advanced - rank 69/156, avg mark around 75%, b6 last yr - 28
maths advanced - rank 15/107 mark around 92%, b6 last - 36
maths ext 1 - rank 47/85 avg mark around 75%, b6 last yr - 28
biology - 34/57, avg mark around 70%, b6 last yr - 7
chemistry - 31/69 , avg mark around 75%, b6 last yr - none
pdhpe - rank 16/29 avg mark around 80%, b6 last - 5
Based on this information, you seem to be on track with an ATAR between 84 and 87.

Mathematics Advanced appears to be your best-performing subject, meaning that it is likely to make a positive contribution to your ATAR. Because of this, you should ensure that you keep preparing for your HSC exam to the best of your ability while maintaining your effective study strategy. This will hopefully allow you to maintain this favourable standard and maximise the contribution that this subject can make to your ATAR.

The same can be suggested, although to a slightly lower extent, regarding your position in Mathematics Extension 1 and PDHPE. This means that while both subjects can make a positive contribution to your ATAR, you may be able to improve your performance in both subjects by thoroughly preparing for your HSC exams.

English Advanced may be one of your lower-performing subjects. This is important to consider since this is the only subject that will always count as 2 units towards your ATAR. Based on this, you should make sure that your preparations are comprehensive as you progress through the last few remaining days before your English Advanced HSC exam.

Your position in Biology and Chemistry appears to be the least favourable compared to the rest of your subjects, meaning that it is possible that both subjects may be preventing you from achieving your full potential. You may therefore wish to place additional emphasis on your preparations for your HSC exams, which includes addressing any areas of improvement. This will hopefully enable you to solidify your overall performance which, alongside the contribution of Mathematics Extension 1 (which means that one of Biology or Chemistry will likely count as 1 unit), will increase your chances of reaching your desired ATAR.

I hope this helps! :D

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
really?? that low 😭 i was expecting at least an atar of 90
This does not necessarily suggest that you cannot achieve a 90+ ATAR. Your HSC exams contribute the remaining 50% of your overall HSC marks across your subjects, because of which favourable performance in each of your HSC exams could enable you to make significant performance improvements. The better your performance in your HSC exams, the more you will be able to maximise your ATAR (and hopefully consistent with your goal and expectations).

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Omg thank you so much!!! If i manage to achieve rly well in the hsc do you think an atar of 95 is still possible or is that pushing it? like will my ranks/internals pull me down by a lot even if i do well in hsc?
No worries! i would not say that it is impossible, although it will definitely be challenging. You will likely need to achieve as many HSC exam marks in the band 6/E4 range to increase your chances of achieving an ATAR of 95. The higher your marks within the band 6/E4, the closer you can get to your ATAR goal. You should therefore ensure that you do your utmost to prepare thoroughly. Overall, I think that it is worth a try.

applegirly

HSC
No worries! i would not say that it is impossible, although it will definitely be challenging. You will likely need to achieve as many HSC exam marks in the band 6/E4 range to increase your chances of achieving an ATAR of 95. The higher your marks within the band 6/E4, the closer you can get to your ATAR goal. You should therefore ensure that you do your utmost to prepare thoroughly. Overall, I think that it is worth a try.
jimmy! is an atar of 68 easy to get please help me

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
jimmy! is an atar of 68 easy to get please help me
An ATAR of 68 is slightly below the average ATAR. Generally speaking, it is rather easy to achieve, with HSC marks band 4 range usually being sufficient for this ATAR. Of course, your own chances will depend on your ranks as well as your performance in your HSC exams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)