Splendour in the Grass 2006 (1 Viewer)

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
here is ze thread

got very excited this morning. read that SONIC YOUTH were rumoured!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also i have my suspicions about the Strokes as well.

any other rumours/comments/questions/travelling companions?

methinks triple j are announcing lineup on wed morning

HSC
i've heard some pretty strong rumours that death cab for cutie are playing (!!!!!!) .. and then if you look at the tour dates on their site, they're conveniently not touring anywhere between july and august.

plus a lot of bands that go to the fuji festival in japan end up playing splendour since they're a week or so apart .. this year they've got clap your hands say yeah, broken social scene (fucking unlikely since they were here last month), franz ferdinand, the hives, jet, jason mraz, mogwai, red hot chili peppers, scissor sisters, snow patrol, sonic youth, yeah yeah yeahs and wolfmother .. so we'll see.

my friends and i are pretty much definitely going, so hopefully the lineup is good. and i'm going to run around the block yelling if death cab are playing. no, really, i am.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
katietheskatie said:
i've heard some pretty strong rumours that death cab for cutie are playing (!!!!!!) .. and then if you look at the tour dates on their site, they're conveniently not touring anywhere between july and august.

plus a lot of bands that go to the fuji festival in japan end up playing splendour since they're a week or so apart .. this year they've got clap your hands say yeah, broken social scene (fucking unlikely since they were here last month),franz ferdinand the hives, jet, jason mraz, mogwai, red hot chili peppers, scissor sisters, snow patrol, sonic youth, yeah yeah yeahs and wolfmother .. so we'll see.

my friends and i are pretty much definitely going, so hopefully the lineup is good. and i'm going to run around the block yelling if death cab are playing. no, really, i am.
if those bands were included, i think i will join you in running around the block yelling ;)

HSC
katietheskatie said:

plus a lot of bands that go to the fuji festival in japan end up playing splendour since they're a week or so apart .. this year they've got clap your hands say yeah, broken social scene (fucking unlikely since they were here last month), franz ferdinand, the hives, jet, jason mraz, mogwai, red hot chili peppers, scissor sisters, snow patrol, sonic youth, yeah yeah yeahs and wolfmother .. so we'll see.

nothing really stands out for me, unfortunately..:rolleyes:

TAKE. ME. OUT. :eek:

Markazzo

HSC
Sonic Youth? Holy crap that would be awesome.

Fingers crossed for the following possibilities:

The Strokes

We Are Scientists

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club (my beloved)

I went to Splendour last year and it was the best thing I did all year, here's hoping I get there again this year.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
FranzFerdinand said:
nothing really stands out for me, unfortunately..:rolleyes:

TAKE. ME. OUT. :eek:
OH MY GOD.
where have you been all my life???????????????????????????

ps. we are scientists would be awesome.

HSC
Yeah I heard Sonic Youth, Death Cab, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, The Strokes (maybe), The Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Snow Patrol all look like strong possibilities

HSC
Born Dancer said:
OH MY GOD.
where have you been all my life???????????????????????????

ps. we are scientists would be awesome.
Oh well I woke up tonight and said I..
I'm gonna make somebody love me!
And now I know, now I know, now I know..
I know that it's youuu
You're lucky, lucky
You're so lucky!!!

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
yeahyeahyeahs + mogwai + sonic youth omg = win!!!!! and running around block screaming and leaping and trying to jumpp on light poles and failing miserably :eek:

arrested development
HSC
The rumours are sososososoooooooo good. I also heard that there's a possibility that Depeche Mode might play! o___________o

I would WET MY PANTS if I got to see Depeche Mode.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
FranzFerdinand said:
Oh well I woke up tonight and said I..
And now I know, now I know, now I know..
I know that it's youuu
You're lucky, lucky
You're so lucky!!!

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg.

*faints* alex is so hot.
i love that clip ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this much.
then some.

Meli- lets go to splendour k? and zomg frolic and like striptease to phenomena.
you too zoe.

arrested development
HSC
Born Dancer said:
Meli- lets go to splendour k? and zomg frolic and like striptease to phenomena.
you too zoe.
Yah yah :uhhuh:

I'm definitely going! I've got my accommodation booked and everything.

arrested development
HSC
melimoo said:
omg depeche mode!@%$@^$&!$&$

wow. that would rock
I know!! I was watching Depeche Mode 101 last night and I was almost orgasming at the thought of seeing them. Dave Gahan = the sex.

HSC
fuck, that's something i'm not looking forward to .. figuring out accomodation. apparently there's only camping for like 20% of the people at splendour, and all the nearby motels etc fill up heaps fast. maybe we could just drive home each night, its only like an hour .. but that means no drinking. ha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)