Spore (1 Viewer)

Chris.

HSC
i just HAD to revive this thread. This looks like possibly one of the best games ever!

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Lack of multiplayer may bore me though, l'll still buy it as it actually looks like a somewhat interesting video game. Any idea when it's coming out?

lengy

HSC
That worry me because I'm not much of a multiplayer person.

Chris.

HSC
you can interact in multiplayer worlds..but cant attack them lol. will wright said he didnt want to ruin someones game with another destroying it.

they think it'll be out mid to late 07

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
I hope you don't have to pay to access the online content of other people.
Apart from that, it's probably gonna be one of the few games I won't pirate :p

watkinzez

HSC
If there was ever a game to persuade me to upgrade, this would be it.
Also, kudos to EA for backing Will Wright with this project. He sort of deserved it after making them The Sims, but it's still nice to know they'll make original titles.

Last edited:

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Looks good, sounds good, but the system requirements will be murder. They always are for Maxis games; you need to wait for a year after buying the game for a machine to hit the market powerful enough to run it ...

Chris.

HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
Looks good, sounds good, but the system requirements will be murder. They always are for Maxis games; you need to wait for a year after buying the game for a machine to hit the market powerful enough to run it ...
the graphics dont look that good, so i was thinking a really good video card wouldnt be needed. but other stuff.......?

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Chris. said:
the graphics dont look that good, so i was thinking a really good video card wouldnt be needed. but other stuff.......?
It's difficult to see because A) the video (and all others on the subject) is on a hand-held camera and B) the game is still in development so graphics can still be improved. From memory, I believe The Sims 2 required over 2,000 MB to run smoothly.

Also, watch the video where Robin Williams takes the creature creator for a test-drive ...

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Chris. said:
Also - I forgot to mention this in my original reply - it would probably take a hell of a lot of computing power to make all the fluid real-time animations for each and every species. If you watch the original video, Wright brings out a few bizzare creations featuring multiple bizzare leg configurations and one that is so top-heavy that it runs the risk of falling over when it turns a corner (the "Ford Explorer" version). I think the required processes to actually store a species wouldn't be all that dificult, but the algorithms required to make the walking, playing and fighting animations based upon what the user inputs would be incredible.

Uncle Jonny

HSC
Yeah you're right argo. the "procedural generation" wright keeps referring to. That's what's going to need all ZE POWA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)