SRS/FEAS for UNSW (1 Viewer)

akaheath

HSC
I'm just wondering with the application, what sort of answers they would be looking for cause to be completely honest I cant think of a good answer for the question. "Thinking about your future self at university, what do you identify as the key challenges for you and how do you plan to manage these? (200 to 250 words)", and what does a FEAS application actually do for you is it simply UNSWs version of early entry?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Essentially, UNSW's Faculty of Engineering Admissions Scheme is an alternate pathway for high school students who fail to meet the ATAR requirement of the degree(s) that they wish to study. Based on this, if a student's ATAR is within 7-10 points of the degree(s)/program's required selection rank, UNSW will assess an applicant's ability in mathematics, physics/other sciences as well as through non-academic factors, such as motivation and attitude. FEAS includes a number of degrees/programs, namely:
  • Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
  • Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)/Bachelor of Arts
  • Bachelor of Science
A complete list of the degrees included under FEAS can be accessed using the following link:

On the other hand, the Gateway Admission Pathway (which is where the question that you need to respond to becomes relevant) is UNSW's early entry scheme. It is administered through UAC's Schools Recommendation Scheme and involves submitting an application, the favourable outcome of which would be to receive an early conditional offer to study a chosen degree(s)/program. In order for this early conditional offer to be converted into an unconditional offer, students will need to achieve a "Gateway adjusted ATAR", which will be made significantly lower than the advertised lowest selection rank (LSR) for the chosen degree(s)/program. UNSW mentions the example of the Bachelor of Commerce, where the LSR is 93. By submitting a Gateway Admission Pathway application via UAC, an applicant could receive an early offer to study a Bachelor of Commerce, which will require them to achieve a Gateway adjusted ATAR of 81.

A list containing 2023 adjusted ATARs for numerous UNSW degrees under the Gateway Admission Pathway can be accessed using the link below:

I hope this helps! :D

cossine

HSC
"Thinking about your future self at university, what do you identify as the key challenges for you and how do you plan to manage these?"

One of the key challenges will be learning how to learn on your own. Has I do not where to find resources and the materials provided by the lectures may not be at the depth I desire this could cause me to struggle with the learning material that is taught. One of the key things I plan to do is ask one of my relatives a past UNSW student on where to find suitable resources whether there was any resource XYZ to deal with issues involving the subject X.

Another key issue may be there might be subjects that I do not like because they do not fit in with my future career or where teacher might not provide enough support for students. As result I will make use of online forum such as stack exchange, reddit, quora to deal with questions or try emailing the teachers.

As always I will work together with other students to ensure we can possible grade within our ability for each subject. This way we can support each other and deal with challenging issues.

I think a key issue of degree XYZ is requirement Y that could mean I might have lot of commitments that I need to manage. I plan priortise XYZ so I can deal with this issue.

I have a particular weakness in area XYZ that could affect my ability to complete the course. Has a result I plan to prepare in advance and use online available material to cover this weakness and prepare well in advance so I can handle work commitments.

akaheath

HSC
"Thinking about your future self at university, what do you identify as the key challenges for you and how do you plan to manage these?"

One of the key challenges will be learning how to learn on your own. Has I do not where to find resources and the materials provided by the lectures may not be at the depth I desire this could cause me to struggle with the learning material that is taught. One of the key things I plan to do is ask one of my relatives a past UNSW student on where to find suitable resources whether there was any resource XYZ to deal with issues involving the subject X.

Another key issue may be there might be subjects that I do not like because they do not fit in with my future career or where teacher might not provide enough support for students. As result I will make use of online forum such as stack exchange, reddit, quora to deal with questions or try emailing the teachers.

As always I will work together with other students to ensure we can possible grade within our ability for each subject. This way we can support each other and deal with challenging issues.

I think a key issue of degree XYZ is requirement Y that could mean I might have lot of commitments that I need to manage. I plan priortise XYZ so I can deal with this issue.

I have a particular weakness in area XYZ that could affect my ability to complete the course. Has a result I plan to prepare in advance and use online available material to cover this weakness and prepare well in advance so I can handle work commitments.
Okay thanks :) this helps a lot I couldn't think of something that wouldn't just seem like a negative.

akaheath

HSC
Essentially, UNSW's Faculty of Engineering Admissions Scheme is an alternate pathway for high school students who fail to meet the ATAR requirement of the degree(s) that they wish to study. Based on this, if a student's ATAR is within 7-10 points of the degree(s)/program's required selection rank, UNSW will assess an applicant's ability in mathematics, physics/other sciences as well as through non-academic factors, such as motivation and attitude. FEAS includes a number of degrees/programs, namely:
  • Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
  • Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)/Bachelor of Arts
  • Bachelor of Science
A complete list of the degrees included under FEAS can be accessed using the following link:

On the other hand, the Gateway Admission Pathway (which is where the question that you need to respond to becomes relevant) is UNSW's early entry scheme. It is administered through UAC's Schools Recommendation Scheme and involves submitting an application, the favourable outcome of which would be to receive an early conditional offer to study a chosen degree(s)/program. In order for this early conditional offer to be converted into an unconditional offer, students will need to achieve a "Gateway adjusted ATAR", which will be made significantly lower than the advertised lowest selection rank (LSR) for the chosen degree(s)/program. UNSW mentions the example of the Bachelor of Commerce, where the LSR is 93. By submitting a Gateway Admission Pathway application via UAC, an applicant could receive an early offer to study a Bachelor of Commerce, which will require them to achieve a Gateway adjusted ATAR of 81.

A list containing 2023 adjusted ATARs for numerous UNSW degrees under the Gateway Admission Pathway can be accessed using the link below:

I hope this helps! :D
Yes this helps alot, I originally thought that UNSW's version of ee was FEAS because the conditional offer isnt known until after you complete your hsc so you don't know if you got it till after you did your hsc. This helps heaps though thank you :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)