Starting off with business - Ready? (1 Viewer)

sinsolja

HSC
Well its time to kick off the HSC with business studies:D
I absolutely despise how it is the first subject,however it is good to get it done and over with on the very first day.

So business students, do you feel ready , confident?

I for one have not practiced even 1 exam, however i know my content quite well :S not quite sure how far that will take me.
How about you guys ?ready??

Badberries

HSC
Lets just say I am more ready for business than English. Very annoying it is the day after the business exam.

I havn't really done many past papers, gone over them, and kinda know my content... pretty much same position as you. Hopefully it will carry us if we use our bullshitting skills to our advantage! :D

Goodluck!

sinsolja

HSC
Indeed:).
Im putting alot of faith in my Bullshitting skills walking into this exam,:D mostly because for some areas in the syllabus I've learnt the headings and only a line or two of content.

All the best!

acehscwebsite

HSC
N/A
Indeed:).
Im putting alot of faith in my Bullshitting skills walking into this exam,:D mostly because for some areas in the syllabus I've learnt the headings and only a line or two of content.

All the best!
If it makes any of you feel better I did only 2 chemistry past papers for my HSC and I ended up with an exam mark of 98. so definitely content over past papers any day. The morning of your exam wake up about 1 hour earlier and skim through a few questions. just to get your self into the momentum of your first exam. other than that dw too much about doing past papers.!

Badberries

HSC
hahaha.
Pretty much the same here hey. I have learned nearly the whole syllabus (memorised) and like know (mostly) what each dot point means and is. But it is going to be a matter of bullshitting, looking at marking guidelines it seems that's what they are looking for anyway! There is just too much content to know it all in detail to be honest.

Blacklisted

HSC
Business is the art of combining auto-piloted syllabus notes with making up credible BS.

jackl25

HSC
If I don't do good in business....I'm not going to go well in any of my other subjects.

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
If it makes any of you feel better I did only 2 chemistry past papers for my HSC and I ended up with an exam mark of 98. so definitely content over past papers any day. The morning of your exam wake up about 1 hour earlier and skim through a few questions. just to get your self into the momentum of your first exam. other than that dw too much about doing past papers.!
wow gg

sinsolja

HSC
Wow. Impressive to say the least, that does give me a bit of confidence :D

Business is the art of combining auto-piloted syllabus notes with making up credible BS.
Spoken like a true Business Student

hahaha.
Pretty much the same here hey. I have learned nearly the whole syllabus (memorised) and like know (mostly) what each dot point means and is. But it is going to be a matter of bullshitting, looking at marking guidelines it seems that's what they are looking for anyway! There is just too much content to know it all in detail to be honest.
Indeed:S, Most of the heading are common knowledge anyway.

acehscwebsite

HSC
N/A
Wow. Impressive to say the least, that does give me a bit of confidence :D
Think about it would you rather learn your content or do your past papers? the more content you know, the better chance u have at the exam - so if you're running out of time and you haven't done past papers, dw, just be happy that you learn't all the content and BREATHE!

oisac

HSC
I AM READY! Getting band 5/6 in Business Studies, challenge accepted.

isenseven

Premium Member
HSC
Why did the board of fuckwits decide to put business studies (the third most popular subject) before english so we have 3 consecutive days. Smart one

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Why did the board of fuckwits decide to put business studies (the third most popular subject) before english so we have 3 consecutive days. Smart one
Business Studies has been on the first day for as long as I remember. It's not like they surprised you or anything :rolleyes2:

isenseven

Premium Member
HSC
Business Studies has been on the first day for as long as I remember. It's not like they surprised you or anything :rolleyes2:
Yeah i was expecting that, but 3 consecutive days for over 15,000 kids, not the brightest idea.

kirstyanne-xx

HSC
I don't feel ready! Last night it hit me that today was my last day of studying and I've studied more than I ever have for any other exam but still, I wish we had a bit more time. Tomorrow morning is going to be very surreal. Feeling anxious and nervous already :(

dannielle_93

HSC
Is everyone going in with prepared case studies? or just depending on the essay question going to use whatever case studies pop into their head?

kirstyanne-xx

HSC
Is everyone going in with prepared case studies? or just depending on the essay question going to use whatever case studies pop into their head?
I summarised the Qantas case study in accordance with the syllabus so hopefully I can use that throughout the essay question :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)