HSC
Uni Grad
GO THE BLUES!!!!!!!!!

good work king, minichiello + johns!!!!

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ariande

The Don
HSC
minichiello got man of the series... johns couldn't get it because he wasn't in origin one.

king deserves a medal of some kind, three tries in one game!

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
ariande said:
minichiello got man of the series... johns couldn't get it because he wasn't in origin one.

king deserves a medal of some kind, three tries in one game!
king does deserve something. so does joey johns.

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
kimi said:
I thought both King and Minichiello deserved it..
uh huh, i kinda wanted King to get it...mainly coz of his 3 awesome trys, but Minichiello's break in the first 10 minutes was spectacular.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Damn should of put money on Anasta to score first like the paper predicted, he waas at $17

davo_

good kid
HSC
King played well, maybe man of the match tonight - but it would be something to see a winger get man of the series. He definitely is going to be an origin player of the future.. I think Mini was deserving of man of the series, but I'd say the real man of the series was Joey, he made the difference for NSW both tonight and in origin 2, and hence for NSW in the whole series.
It was good to see NSW do so well tonight, but I really would have liked to see a closer match tonight. I agree with a few of the others - I liked the first game the best, despite NSW losing. I like seeing NSW win, but I probably like seeing a good game of footy better. hah and it was good to actually watch an origin game - without a beer that is...

Last edited:

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
I wonder who'll replace johns in the future...

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Very good game that was soured a bit in some parts, especially when Ben Kennedy fell to the ground and Ben Ross (I think it was Ross) picked him up by his shirt and dropped him. Fair enough, he could have been faking it, but Ross didn't know that and he could have risked further damage. Not cool.

Bit disappointed we let them score in the final moments, but the damage was done and it was a great NSW win. GO THE BLUES!

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Did anyone else notice that they spent too much time showing players walking back and not enough replays, and they kept using really zoomed out shots where you had no idea what was going on?

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
Yeh that was crazy. I think it was Ross. If it was Crocker, I reckon he would've been sent off, or at least sin binned. He gave Kennedy the high tackle (or almost??? high tackle).
Actually, an article on NRL.com.au has stated Corey Parker was the player who lifted him.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Well they tried the expansive game, the first 5 sets was a full out assault using bowen and their backs. It failed, and that must've been a big dent.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
Well, he still shouldn't have done it.

Anyway, QLD didn't play that well. One of the commentators said that Thurston had big shoes to fill at no. 7, because that was Alan Langer's spot, and he was successful. I don't think he was successful at all. He made a few too many mistakes and kept kicking at the 4th tackle, instead of running with the ball and gaining metres.
Sorry if my post came across bitchy, I was actually correcting myself. And I'm about to again.

Crocker made the tackle, Parker lifted him, Simpkins got confused and called Ross out for the lift. There.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
0Jade0 said:
King only played in game three... therefore he couldn't recieve man of the SERIES.
No he didn't. I'm pretty sure he played all 3. He definately played in the first 1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)