• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

State of Origin Thread (1 Viewer)

who is going to win the state of orgin??

• blues

Votes: 50 74.6%
  • marrons

Votes: 17 25.4%

• Total voters

aaaman

Banned
HSC
trent barret is like a tampon hes only good 4 1 week ( i hope u understand wat i mean :) )

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
matt sing should start shatting himself because eric grothe will be stomping over him

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
The 30 man NSW squad was named today

NSW squad: - Braith Anasta (Bulldogs), Luke Bailey (St George Illawarra), Danny Buderus (Newcastle), Trent Barrett (St George Illawarra), Ryan Cross (Sydney Roosters), Ben Creagh (St George Illawarra), Joel Clinton (Penrith), Matt Cooper (St George Illawarra), Craig Fitzgibbon (Sydney Roosters), Mark Gasnier (St George Illawarra), Craig Gower (Penrith), Scott Hill (Melbourne), Nathan Hindmarsh (Parramatta), Ben Hornby (St George Illawarra), Ben Kennedy (Manly), Brett Kimmorley (Cronulla), Matt King (Melbourne), Brent Kite (Manly), Luke Lewis (Penrith), Steve Menzies (Manly), Anthony Minichiello (Sydney Roosters), Luke O'Donnell (North Queensland), Luke Priddis (Penrith), Luke Rooney (Penrith), Andrew Ryan (Bulldogs), Jason Ryles (St George Illawarra), Anthony Tupou (Sydney Roosters), Trent Waterhouse (Penrith), Anthony Watmough (Manly), Craig Wing (Sydney Roosters).

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
http://www.nrl.com/news.cfm?ID=11447

NSW Origin I team named

16 May 2005

The NSW team was named today for the State of Origin series opener against Queensland at Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane on May 25.

The team is:

Anthony Minichiello, Matt King, Matt Cooper, Mark Gasnier, Luke Rooney, Trent Barrett, Brett Kimmorley, Luke Bailey, Danny Buderus (capt), Jason Ryles, Nathan Hindmarsh, Craig Fitzgibbon, Ben Kennedy.

Interchange: Craig Wing, Steve Simpson, Andrew Ryan, Anthony Watmough. (18th man: Steve Menzies).

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
http://www.nrl.com/news.cfm?ID=11449

Qld Origin team named

16 May 2005

The Queensland team was named today for the opening match of the 2005 State of Origin series at Suncorp Stadium on May 25.

The team is:

Billy Slater, Ty Williams, Shaun Berrigan, Paul Bowman, Matt Sing, Darren Lockyer (capt), Johnathan Thurston, Steve Price, Cameron Smith, Petero Civoniceva, Michael Crocker, Brad Thorn, Tonie Carroll.

Interchange: Ben Ross, Carl Webb, Chris Flannery, Matt Bowen.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Thurston is halfback, and Slater if fullback over Wesser

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
hmm qld centres look weak on paper, but theres a balance of a line breaker and a defensive work horse. Whesser not included, interesting.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
copious said:
hmm qld centres look weak on paper, but theres a balance of a line breaker and a defensive work horse. Whesser not included, interesting.
same as NSW

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
angelduck said:
Why is simpson a joke?
he's been in good form on a losing side but its a tough call taking him over waterhouse and clinton.

anyway whats the go with ben ross, i'd have danny nutley in the squad anyday.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
lets not also forget kite, morrison, menzies(who absolutely deserved 18th man, edging out anasta), ben creagh, tupou, gallen,....

personally i'd have prefered waterhouse as he brings some flexibility to the bench, who's gonna sub for ryles or bailry when they come off? there would be 5 2nd rowers on the field.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
DaddyK said:
anasta's injured. suck shit. i can't stand him. fuck the dogs.
No he's not

Constip8edSkunk said:
personally i'd have prefered waterhouse as he brings some flexibility to the bench, who's gonna sub for ryles or bailry when they come off? there would be 5 2nd rowers on the field.
The NSW selectors are idiots, they think they can win this with speed, but the size of the QLD forward pack will dominate

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Constip8edSkunk said:
steve simpson ?!?!?!?!?!? what a joke... except it isnt funny
Mate, I dunno how much NRL you watch, but that isn't a very smart comment.

You probably reckon that Simpson doesn't deserve a spot because you haven't heard anything about him. Reality check: Newcastle are currently 9 losses from 9 starts. Noone is talking about any of their players at all.

If you had actually watched Newcastle play the last three weeks, you would realise that Steve Simpson has been an absolute rock. Especially against the Tigers on Sunday. He is carrying a whole forward pack on his shoulders alone.

Ignoring his injuries the last two seasons, you forget that Simpson was the NUMBER ONE second rower in Australia before this. He was the first second rower picked for Newcastle, for New South Wales, and for Australia.

I hope that for his sake, he has a blinder next Wednesday. Newcastle and their players deserve to get some recognition for the huge effort they have kept putting in week after week this last month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)