state of origin (2 Viewers)

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
yet you've bothered to post in a thread that you don't care about not once - twice

post again and clearly you give a shit about bagging a certain sport
I don't like the idolatry given to the mindless fuckwits that play the sport. They're incredible athletes and deserve to be known as that, but their conduct off the field is reprehensible. Not all of them, blah blah, but there's a lot of dark shit in it. It's the same with all sports, which doesn't surprise me.

I personally don't believe in idolising drunkard rapists who only know how to run at someone and hit them with their body.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
I challenge you to find one current player or league personality that was found guilty of rape.

Last edited:

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
There are plenty of people who haven't been convicted who are still rapists, champ.

People who let a heap of other dudes jump in on sex, without prior consent, is pretty fucking disgusting and you should be ashamed for defending that behaviour.

Jimmy Recard

Banned
HSC
Sorry, i deal with facts and figures not opinions

And when you say "no one cares" thats a rash generalisation. The tv ratings speak for themselves, people will watch the games on tv but wont bother to go to games especially when that puts families down over a hundred dollars each time they get out to games. Hell, if you can watch something from the comfort of your lounge room, on a winters night, for absolutely free.. its an easy option.

On the basis of crowds, you can say that the AFL is more popular than the English Premier League.. now that's not even close to true

Also.. peak of 4.08 million watched the SoO last night. Yes, no one cares.
no1cares

Jimmy Recard

Banned
HSC
Perhaps because you've maybe only watched about 4-5 games of league. Some league fans cant stand union and vice versa - because they're different.

The concept of scoring trys is the same but thats where the similarities end. Everything else is pretty much different; ie points for certain goals, tackle counts, line outs, scrums and how you advance up and down the field.. and the latter is what fundamentally differentiates the two
lol they are pretty much identical son

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
People who let a heap of other dudes jump in on sex, without prior consent, is pretty fucking disgusting and you should be ashamed for defending that behaviour.
I don't condone rape but that was group sex not rape. I followed the Matthew Johns story very carefully being a league fan.
That 'woman'/hardcore sl*t had sex with a bunch of footballers and the next day at work had the audacity to brag about it to her workmates. Her workmates confirmed this. She also invented the story about the players climbing through windows to get inside the room- the owner of the hotel said this was absolutely false and physically impossible given the height and position of the window. It was later found that this woman is now married to a Rugby Union player - now what does that say about her fantasies and preferences...?

Seems to me like this confused teen at the time changed her mind about the whole ideal and tried making it a rape case afterwards. Do you not think this is possible? I'm sure this happens every now and then, and ill gladly take a group of people's words (including the hotel owner, and workmates) over one confused and obsessed teenager.

Any other cases of potential rape which made you think there is a culture of raping in the NRL? Manly fullback Brett Stewart?? Go ahead.. there was a unanimous jury decision finding him not guilty in that one.

lol they are pretty much identical son
Yet why do you rate League as you number one preference over AFL and then Union? If they were "pretty much identical" surely league and union would be close to equal in your sports preferences? But it isn't. Instead you rate League>AFL>Union

...and proof before you bail out
http://community.boredofstudies.org...n-you-not-fuckan-stand/page29?highlight=union
union is kick tennis yes

league>afl>union
Give me an intelligent response for once rather than "I DONT GIVE A SHIT.. NO ONE CARES. BUT IM STILL POSTING AND REPLYING IN THIS THREAD THAT I MADE. hurr"

Last edited:

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Overall it was a good NSW team compared to previous years.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
there will be very few changes as stated by Stuart. Front row and forward pack may change a little.. King will most likely be replaced maybe by TLL. Morris deserves to be dropped for Hayne, but i doubt it will happen

twistedrebel

HSC
league and most sports in general do a lot more to society than most people notice. Sure there is same sexual assult/rape story every now and then but there is 400~ first grade players. Sports are places where there is no racism and teams have diverse backgrounds and where its common goal etc. Govt should force everyone to play at least one team sport.

Lentern

HSC
league and most sports in general do a lot more to society than most people notice. Sure there is same sexual assult/rape story every now and then but there is 400~ first grade players. Sports are places where there is no racism and teams have diverse backgrounds and where its common goal etc. Govt should force everyone to play at least one team sport.
No racism? Fair dinkum whose the most lauded rugby league player in the past twenty years? Do I hear right that the player who resigned over the spat is gone for all money meanwhile Johns is back in the NSW coaching team? For God sake go down to the pubs, the warehouses, the local footy clubs; any of the strongholds of the games supporters and hear the shtick Tahu copped for being an "over-sensitive bitch" for standing up against racism. Wind the clock back a few years and go to Penrith or Parramatta when Brisbane were visiting and hear the cries of "fucking abo" directed at Tallis. It's lovely that Greg Inglis, Craig Wing, Hazem El Masri and Nigel Vagana can all rise to the top as heroes but let's not kid ourselves to believe racism is less prevalent there than in other industry.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
no doubt racism remains evident in sport as it does in society, less prevalent than before but still an issue.. however his original point remains. Sport does more for the community than it does bad which is contrary to what the media likes the public to hear - pure sensationalism

Lentern

HSC
no doubt racism remains evident in sport as it does in society, less prevalent than before but still an issue.. however his original point remains. Sport does more for the community than it does bad which is contrary to what the media likes the public to hear - pure sensationalism
Bullshit, most press coverage is grotesque fangirling about progress and rehabilitation etc. There is an immortality complex in sport and everytime a hard nosed journalist like Paul Barry or Peter Roebuck dares to suggest that perhaps Shane Warne or Andrew Johns isn't altogether entirely saintlike they get met with a barrage of vicious criticism by douche-bags like Phil Gould or Roy Masters who wave away their indiscretions as momentarily lapses of individuals under inconceivable pressure. As though journalists, judges and other figures in the public sphere don't work hard and face pressures of their own.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
Bullshit, most press coverage is grotesque fangirling about progress and rehabilitation etc. There is an immortality complex in sport and everytime a hard nosed journalist like Paul Barry or Peter Roebuck dares to suggest that perhaps Shane Warne or Andrew Johns isn't altogether entirely saintlike they get met with a barrage of vicious criticism by douche-bags like Phil Gould or Roy Masters who wave away their indiscretions as momentarily lapses of individuals under inconceivable pressure. As though journalists, judges and other figures in the public sphere don't work hard and face pressures of their own.
is that why the press bothers to report players pissing on the side of a street wall? Making a whole series of articles regarding Thurston flicking beer at his own teammate at a pub?.. Is that supposed to be even newsworthy? Inventing stories against players to create news ala in the Stewart assault case

Nationwide News Pty Limited apologises to Mr Stewart for any hurt and embarrassment caused by those articles
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/apology-to-brett-stewart/story-e6frep5o-1226047831821

I'd like to see proof of said articles from Gould and Masters defending players.

If anything, ask any random person and see if they think news concentrates on stories about "progress and rehabilitation". They could be forgiven for thinking that nrl players are the biggest criminals that ever lived whilst its only a small handful of players that get into trouble.

Last edited:

Lentern

HSC
is that why the press bothers to report players pissing on the side of a street wall? Making a whole series of articles regarding Thurston flicking beer at his own teammate at a pub?.. Is that supposed to be even newsworthy? Inventing stories against players to create news ala in the Stewart assault case

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/apology-to-brett-stewart/story-e6frep5o-1226047831821

I'd like to see proof of said articles from Gould and Masters defending players.

If anything, ask any random person and see if they think news concentrates on stories about "progress and rehabilitation". They could be forgiven for thinking that nrl players are the biggest criminals that ever lived whilst its only a small handful of players that get into trouble.
You've got to be kidding.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)