Staying a virgin until marriage (guys) (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
Well, while I think it'd be swell for me to stay a virgin until marriage - I don't think I'll have that choice. To me, that choice will be up to the first girl who thinks taking my pants off is a good idea. I, of course, will be in too much shock to protest or say anything.
This is (in part) why certain people say you will be a virgin 4eva

it sounds pretty beta is what I'm sayin

kfnmpah

HSC
I dunno if I'd want to marry a dude who had never had sex with anyone else just because I definitely wouldn't want to marry the first person I had sex with (I'm not talking specifically about the first person I had sex with, just the idea of it) because I didn't feel like I 100% knew what I wanted/liked until I met my current boyfriend :love: (3rd sexual partner).

Even now, the thought of being with my boyfriend forevs freaks me out. No more first dates, no more "first time"s with anyone else, that shit is heavy considering how young we are (20 and 22). We've talked about it, and both feel the same. It's just not in our generations nature to marry your high school sweetheart or anything anymore considering how many opportunities there are to study abroad, move around with jobs etc. and how they can cause strain on relationships.

People shouldn't be making these sorts of decisions now, imo. What if someone amazing comes along and you love/like them hoips and want to have sex with them, but you've spent your teenage years sayin you want to wait til marriage? Internal conflict? I think so.

Shit the bed, I am wise.

:uhhuh:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Girls and guys are wired differently in the brain. To a guy, being with someone pure and untainted is a plus. To a girl, being with a guy who is sought after by others is a plus.

In my opinion, it's a double standard that works in our favour.

anne1010

HSC
Girls and guys are wired differently in the brain. To a guy, being with someone pure and untainted is a plus. To a girl, being with a guy who is sought after by others is a plus.

In my opinion, it's a double standard that works in our favour.
the irony in that is that most of the time, these pure girls arnt the ones that go after sought after guys.

kfnmpah

HSC
the irony in that is that most of the time, these pure girls arnt the ones that go after sought after guys.
I don't know if that is technically irony, but I suppose these days anything and everything that happens that shouldn't is called ironic.

I disagree. I don't think girls want boys that have slept with lots of other girls. I'd be severely put off if my boyfriend had like >20 sexual partners purely because I'd question how he would have treated the situation. Would it have been respectful or would it have been the type of situation where he'd brag about to his mates and never talk to the girl again? I wouldn't want to be the girlfriend of someone who had treated that many girls that way, nomsayin.

I'm no dirty bra burner, but I'd rather be with someone who's always been respectful to women than someone who is "sought after"

anne1010

HSC
nah thats exactly what im saying. sought after guys are usually the ones that go out to the clubs, nail a chick and then never speak to her again. pure girls dont want someone that bangs every 3rd girl. usually its the gangas that go for the "sought after" type and i think thats where the irony stands. actually not really irony, just a wrong statement. pure girls dont want a man whore.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I remember when one of my friends posted on Facebook that she was jealous that her friends had gone through multiple boyfriends in two years while she had been single all that time and she wondered what she was doing wrong. (The girl in question used to work at Hooters, btw)

So anyway, after a few comments one of her friends was like: "id rather have hook ups and flings over nothing... you can do that in the mean time until you stumble over your prince ;)" and I'm sitting there reading that going 'Really? ... Really?'

So I put on my writing cap and I reply:

"I love how the above comment assumes that somehow after a life of many hook-ups and flings, or as I like to call it, using oneself as a tool for male sexual gratification, a self-respecting (and for the purposes of this, let's say... wealthy) man will suddenly overlook the fact that they've basically slept with 984735689476892462 guys and take her and love her for who she is and go on with their merry lives and live happily ever after.

/sarcasm?"

That's what I thought of when I read this thread.

SpoonSamba

HSC
Sex is part of being in a relationship, its part of knowing someone completely. The idea of marrying someone you havent slept with just seems completely idiotic to me.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Sex is part of being in a relationship, its part of knowing someone completely. The idea of marrying someone you havent slept with just seems completely idiotic to me.
Nowadays, sure. Back a few decades ago... preposterous.

HSC
Uni Grad
I remember when one of my friends posted on Facebook that she was jealous that her friends had gone through multiple boyfriends in two years while she had been single all that time and she wondered what she was doing wrong. (The girl in question used to work at Hooters, btw)

So anyway, after a few comments one of her friends was like: "id rather have hook ups and flings over nothing... you can do that in the mean time until you stumble over your prince ;)" and I'm sitting there reading that going 'Really? ... Really?'

"I love how the above comment assumes that somehow after a life of many hook-ups and flings, or as I like to call it, using oneself as a tool for male sexual gratification, a self-respecting (and for the purposes of this, let's say... wealthy) man will suddenly overlook the fact that they've basically slept with 984735689476892462 guys and take her and love her for who she is and go on with their merry lives and live happily ever after.

/sarcasm?"

Because females dont get sexual gratification too?

Squishxmishyx

Olive You.
HSC
Do whatever that makes you proud/feel good.

I'm scared of penis. Virgin4lyfe. That makes me feel good.

anne1010

HSC

/sarcasm?"

thats where i think its fine to sleep as many people as you like, as long as when you get married youll be fine if your partner has slept with that many people. you cant be a slut during your youth and hope to end up with a good boy. it just doesn't work like that imo but everyones diff.

Nowadays, sure. Back a few decades ago... preposterous.
thats because courting days were a fraction of what they are these days. people are in relationships for years while people were only together for months even weeks.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Because females dont get sexual gratification too?
I was implying that in a random hook-up or fling, the guy would basically use the girl for his sexual pleasure and the girl would receive... less.

thats where i think its fine to sleep as many people as you like, as long as when you get married youll be fine if your partner has slept with that many people. you cant be a slut during your youth and hope to end up with a good boy. it just doesn't work like that imo but everyones diff.

thats because courting days were a fraction of what they are these days. people are in relationships for years while people were only together for months even weeks.
1. "you cant be a slut during your youth and hope to end up with a good boy." exactly. The girl who posted that still hasn't replied to my original retort... maybe she's too busy wallowing in self-pity going "OMG WHAT HE SAID IS TRUE!!! I'LL NEVER END UP WITH A RESPECTABLE MAN NOW *cry cry cry*"
2. Were they? I'm not so sure.

HSC
Uni Grad
I was implying that in a random hook-up or fling, the guy would basically use the girl for his sexual pleasure and the girl would receive... less.
Hmm yeh maybe in some cases, but in others the girl (or both parties) would be just using the other, and if all they were after was a bit of fun then ~whateva~

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Hmm yeh maybe in some cases, but in others the girl (or both parties) would be just using the other, and if all they were after was a bit of fun then ~whateva~
True, true. But of course, this is just conjecture and purely theoretical thought... it's not like I can talk from experience. But yeah, I suppose the girl could use the guy if the girl was really hot and the guy was just shell-shocked it even happened and he's still in la-la-land. Yeah.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
"staying virgin until some girl finally agrees to sleep with u" OR "staying virgin until you save enough money to pay for a hooker" wouldve been a much better title imo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)