"Stephenie Meyers can't write" - Stephen King (1 Viewer)

HSC
FINALLY!

It's all the standard kids (who can read) that read the twilight series...

Amen to king.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
Meyers is a poor man's Rowling

she stole Rowling's main idea: of having interaction between magic + non magic (i.e. muggles and wizards co-existing)
but the real question is who would win in a fight between Voldemort and Edward Cullen?

Last edited:

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol this is trueeeeeeee. Twilight is shit.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
Voledmort shits all over Edward. But you gotta admit, Edwards way hotter than slit-nose.

jules.09

HSC
Robert Pattinson, the guy who played Edward Cullen said that he was mortified that some kid asked him to bite her neck at an awards ceremony.

Honestly. The whole series is a metaphor for sex.

Bella is this average, exceedingly dull teenage female who overtly lusts after this pseudo-vampire.. who tries to stop short of drinking her blood, i.e. screwing her. She doesn't have a life outside of Edward..

Which is really unhealthy. More so that girls want to *be* Bella Swan.

The writing is appalling in every aspect. If anything, the plotline is so hollow that readers are left to their own devices to project their innate desires.

Stephen King's plotlines are decent. At least he doesn't emasculate vampires by depriving them of fangs and making them glitter.

LordPc

HSC
I think that a large number of the people that read and love Twilight have just never read another book in thier life, and Im completely serious about this.

They just jumped onto the wagon when Twilight came out and loved it but have never read anything by any other author. So when King comes out and says these things they are thinking "who is this Stephen King character? does he write childrens books or something?"

its quite sad really

E

Empyrean444

Honestly. The whole series is a metaphor for sex.

Bella is this average, exceedingly dull teenage female who overtly lusts after this pseudo-vampire.. who tries to stop short of drinking her blood, i.e. screwing her. She doesn't have a life outside of Edward..
I don't think we can say that Twilight is a metaphor for sex. For a start, I don't even think that Meyer would know what a metaphor is.

jules.09

HSC
I think that a large number of the people that read and love Twilight have just never read another book in thier life, and Im completely serious about this.

They just jumped onto the wagon when Twilight came out and loved it but have never read anything by any other author. So when King comes out and says these things they are thinking "who is this Stephen King character? does he write childrens books or something?"

its quite sad really
That's an audacious assumption.

Still, the younger generation's literary repetoire today is the equivalent of a typical Fantales.

Empyrean444 said:
I don't think we can say that Twilight is a metaphor for sex. For a start, I don't even think that Meyer would know what a metaphor is.
You make a valid point. I stand corrected. (an idiom, which I also doubt Meyer is aware of)

Last edited:
HSC
""Steven King doesn't know what a real book was if it hit him in the face. He's just a bloody guy who is jealous of Edward's good looks,"
and with their usual wisdom, the twi-tards reply with their default 'OMG UR JUS JELUZ'. thank goodness one famous author is prepared to stand up and point out meyers' hopelessness.

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
i would like to see just how a good author would write the twilight storyline. some of meyers wording makes me cringe. but i still love jasper.
I agree with this. It would be interesting.

I dont think that they are brilliantly written, but it annoys me when people compare HP and Twilight they arent remotely similar apart from the fact they have the "magical" theme. I like Twilight. lol and no Im not a standard eng student who can read.

ieatbarbies

HSC
i would like to see just how a good author would write the twilight storyline. some of meyers wording makes me cringe. but i still love jasper.
This IS a good idea. I'd be on preorder with a Stephen King edit of the Twilight series.

Oh, I'm not a fan of the writing. But those books just brings about both the 12 year old innocent girl and aching mid teen-er in me. Well, the first two books did at least :(

ZaraKu

HSC
I like the Twilight Saga, but HP still pwns it. and I've never read Stephen King (I'd prob shit myself) but I know he's a literary genius so he prob has a valid point

erm

HSC
Stephen King is the man. He's not afraid of telling it how he sees it. (Probably wants to go out with a bang)

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
ahahaha. i have so much respect for stephen king.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
I think the IDEA of Twilight is what holds it up, as her writing skills are definately lacking.
In saying that I really enjoyed the series.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
No, what holds it up are the millions of female teenagers who both empathise with bella and lust after the concept of edward.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)