stock market correction (1 Viewer)

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
frinkanator said:
hehe well duh mate, looks like im not the only one who reads the fin review. however i can admit i can't quote chunks of texts like you.

lol good for you. If you desperately view that i'm trying to 'trump' people with my elite market mumbo jumbo jargon, well then I'd have to ask whose bursting their vessels over who knows what, on some puny teenybopper forum like this.
what i'm hearing from you is: "but but but .... but I read the papers too!!!!11!!! and the broker reports!!!11!! and the guru on tv!!!!! if I quote them I must appear like I know the markets!"..... hilarious really. but again, I guess you and cohort do quality for guru status on here... there's hardly even any who would know a stock from a stick.

my point? your "omgz PDN jumped 5% just today i coulda made tonnes" or "im kicking myself for not getting in on these bargains!!!!" or "shit lets go short to make money out of this correction!!!" hardly counts for crap except for 20/20 hindsight and your reliance upon fundamental analysis or "news" alone demonstrates you are/or have potential to be like every other shmoe feeding the smart money.

eg,
wow mate you can read newspapers and magazines and i especially love how you guys quote broker analysis. but thats about it. news thats already hit the majority media sources is fools news. your "i can quote chunks!!!" just cracks me up. youd make a great journalist for fin review.

to be with the smart money you have to technically analyse, which will give you a snapshot on what the market feels at the instant, and what their expectations are. whats most important - what the traders/investors think - is shown in the psychology of the price and market depth. if you get a feel of how she works then you've got an edge over many. couple that with rigid risk management, and you might make some green.

look ive got nothing to prove here. it's just very funny to watch how you 'talk stock' with your bos peeps on the sidelines. dont mind me. please continue.:rofl:

Cheers.
have you popped a blood vessel yet? if not, maybe i'll provoke you to write another thesis

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
I lost a bit of ground.

For someone new to the stockmarket -
1) how long do corrections generally last for? I know that there was an upward movement on Monday and then it shot down on again on Wednesday.
2) what should I buy next? :eek: ;)

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
redruM said:
I lost a bit of ground.

For someone new to the stockmarket -
1) how long do corrections generally last for? I know that there was an upward movement on Monday and then it shot down on again on Wednesday.
2) what should I buy next? :eek: ;)
Do a deal, you tell me lotto numbers, ill tell you the answers to those questions :santa:

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
4 12 9 22 5 17
supp: 1 20

you next...

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
geetarjoe said:
Buy Macquarie. Super duper over-reaction by the market.
good advice, or at least put in some shit bid so if your lucky someone can sell it to you. its lost some 20% in the last couple months.
GBG and AGO seem to have good prospects and seeing as how they are iron ore explorers, they should do well with the given levels of demand from asia, esp. China

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
velox said:
shame i already did, at a poor price :(
haha likewise. What sort of sources are there to make decisions on the market? I mean apart from AFR and any independent research you have access throuh your stockbroker...

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Google? TA, looking at fundamentals, magazines, bloomberg sites, reuters, marketwatch

Personally I dont like equities (and i dont use a full service broker), hence I leave that to someone else...

redrum: Im pretty sure you are/were on my msn. Add me again if you want...

Last edited:

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
geetarjoe said:
Buy Macquarie. Super duper over-reaction by the market.
Well MBL's silly fund is actually helping a lot of people lose money. Babcock says they are fine.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
velox said:
Google? TA, looking at fundamentals, magazines, bloomberg sites, reuters, marketwatch

Personally I dont like equities (and i dont use a full service broker), hence I leave that to someone else...

redrum: Im pretty sure you are/were on my msn. Add me again if you want...
I think that equities are a easier way to get "into it". I've only been active for about a week but I'm learning a bundle.

As for msn - not sure who you are if I do have you. PM'd you my add.

Conspirocy

HSC
onebytwo said:
Run for cover bitches!

If you've got the money, snap up MBL, QUICK!
lol now i dunno big ross gittens pulled out a classic quote about the stock market predicting 12 out of the last 2 depressions...so people might be a little bit alarmist

as for club mac, if there really is a problem in the economy around the corner, isn't banking where you don't want your portfolio to be at...thats my perspective as an economics major - and at the end of the day they are a merchant bank, so the credit environment is cruicial to their business, an environment where the outlook might not seem that rosy in the future

on another tangent, if you want a super duper safe outlook, wouldn't you be looking at companies with considerably low 'debt' levels if there is a credit crunch and all this risk premium has been understated by the banks for too long

anywho having not done any finance i have a naive outlook

pete_mate

HSC
onebytwo said:
Run for cover bitches!

If you've got the money, snap up MBL, QUICK!

haha, nice tip. you got burnt today badly then.

An important lesson is not to just buy a stock in a knee-jerk reaction to it being cheap.

you must think about why that stock is cheap.

A quality tip would be to buy BHP/Rio over the next week once your sure the market has stopped falling.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
pete_mate said:

An important lesson is not to just buy a stock in a knee-jerk reaction to it being cheap.

A quality tip would be to buy BHP/Rio over the next week once your sure the market has stopped falling.
If he is a trader - yes, investor - not really. Depends on your outlook; long term or short.

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
pete_mate said:
that post was at the end of the day. im saying if you can get it at around $70 its a bargain

pete_mate said:

its cheap because US markets got crunched, causing people here to get shit scared. partly to do with the losses in a couple of their funds

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
speaking of quality stock; GTG (broker reports saying its worth 40c) and BTA tipped to do well; get in while their cheap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)