Stop teachers from finding out hsc marks (1 Viewer)

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
no, no

i started school being virtually unknown
and left school with a massive bang (and not for the better)

my results will be the first they look at, talk about and remember

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Teachers have also put a lot of themselves into getting you these marks generally. I know I would, as a teacher, be devastated if one of my students didn't want me to have their results as I feel as if their marks are a team effort to a certain extant - sure the kids have to do the work and the study but the teacher has to also make sure that the students have covered the material, can deal with the exam properly etc. Yes I get disappointed when a student doesn't get the mark I expect or hope for but I still like to know (and if they don't do as well as I expect them to do I spend quite a bit of time looking back at my teaching to see where I could have done better).

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
The world does not revolve around you, or your marks or your reputation. It honestly will not be as big as you make it out to be.

Do you even have to see any of your teachers post-HSC results release?

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
The world does not revolve around you, or your marks or your reputation. It honestly will not be as big as you make it out to be.

Do you even have to see any of your teachers post-HSC results release?
wow, that sounds like a personal criticism :/

did i say it revolves around me?

if i explained the story, you will completely understand why

newspapers and everything were involved (not going to re-tell it for those who want to know)

so believe me, whilst you graduated normally... i most DEFINITELY did not

edit:

anyway, back on topic

need things to complain about

Last edited:

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
Teachers have also put a lot of themselves into getting you these marks generally. I know I would, as a teacher, be devastated if one of my students didn't want me to have their results as I feel as if their marks are a team effort to a certain extant - sure the kids have to do the work and the study but the teacher has to also make sure that the students have covered the material, can deal with the exam properly etc. Yes I get disappointed when a student doesn't get the mark I expect or hope for but I still like to know (and if they don't do as well as I expect them to do I spend quite a bit of time looking back at my teaching to see where I could have done better).
completely understand where ur coming from

but my teachers were all dishonest thugs (except for eng)

jessxxr

HSC
wow, that sounds like a personal criticism :/

did i say it revolves around me?

if i explained the story, you will completely understand why

newspapers and everything were involved (not going to re-tell it for those who want to know)

so believe me, whilst you graduated normally... i most DEFINITELY did not

edit:

anyway, back on topic

need things to complain about
wowwow so intense, were you one of the ones that overdid it on muck up day or something?

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
wowwow so intense, were you one of the ones that overdid it on muck up day or something?
no nothing like that

what i did was good (if anything) but poorly played

so corruption won at the end of the day, i guess

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd actually like to know the full preface and context for why this is such a huge issue for you. Newspaper links are fine - just as long as I get the gist of it. I just don't see why it's a massive thing.

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
it was most definitely the biggest problem the school has ever had

and rightly so...

but the story isnt the issue

and whether u think im being overdramatic doesnt phase me - to say the least

i need ideas on what to complain about

edit: also, i dont want to give away who i am to any kids who browse the site and go to my school

jessxxr

HSC
no nothing like that

what i did was good (if anything) but poorly played

so corruption won at the end of the day, i guess
ohhh sounds interesting, but seriously, you shouldn't feel ashamed for teachers to see your marks, even if they did have high expectations of you, no ones perfect, everyone pretty much comes out of the hsc saying that they could of done better and im sure they know this by now, but i dno the whole story so i can't really comment :)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
it was most definitely the biggest problem the school has ever had

and rightly so...

but the story isnt the issue

and whether u think im being overdramatic doesnt phase me - to say the least

i need ideas on what to complain about

edit: also, i dont want to give away who i am to any kids who browse the site and go to my school
The story is what you may be able to tell BOS about if you wish to have your marks withheld from your own school. So the story may well play a large part. I suppose BOS would consider it under dire circumstances - i.e. You can prove/give evidence as to why you would suffer any detriment by your teachers knowing your marks (I suppose deformation of character could occur, but it's hard to prove).

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
The story is what you may be able to tell BOS about if you wish to have your marks withheld from your own school. So the story may well play a large part. I suppose BOS would consider it under dire circumstances - i.e. You can prove/give evidence as to why you would suffer any detriment by your teachers knowing your marks (I suppose deformation of character could occur, but it's hard to prove).
it most likely wouldnt

it doesnt tie in with the need for my marks to be confidential

- any ideas on how i can fake that they need 2 be?

edit: what if i were to argue that im emotionally unstable and that any knowledge of my poor results, beyond myself and my family, would put me in a state of deep depression

shit, as low a lie as that is, it just may work

and ill get my parents to write it for credibility and what-not

omaigawdd :D

Last edited:

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I will advise you against lying to the Board of Studies. Representatives from the Board do actually patrol the forums (particularly those related to the HSC and education in general), so a representative might come across this thread.

If you have a genuine reason why you want results to be withheld, then you should contact BOS via the phone and speak with someone regarding what avenues you can take to prevent your marks being released to the school. If there is no genuine reason why the release of the marks would impact you, and you just don't want the teachers to know, then you can't do anything about it I suppose.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I will advise you against lying to the Board of Studies. Representatives from the Board do actually patrol the forums (particularly those related to the HSC and education in general), so a representative might come across this thread.

If you have a genuine reason why you want results to be withheld, then you should contact BOS via the phone and speak with someone regarding what avenues you can take to prevent your marks being released to the school. If there is no genuine reason why the release of the marks would impact you, and you just don't want the teachers to know, then you can't do anything about it I suppose.
Aquawhite confirmed Board of Studies representative

noworriez1

HSC
N/A

eh, if they see it they see it

they can't reject a person's claims of depression under a 'suspicion' that they may be tied in with a BoredofStudies account.

+ it would make great headlines if they did

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Then do what you wish. You would need to provide BOS with a Personal Impact Statement, perhaps something by your family, and most likely some sort of psychological evaluation by a Counsellor/Psychologist.

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
Then do what you wish. You would need to provide BOS with a Personal Impact Statement, perhaps something by your family, and most likely some sort of psychological evaluation by a Counsellor/Psychologist.

2 seconds b4 u posted this i was thinking about that

even if i dont have one, they can't say "well you aren't depressed if you haven't seen a psychiatrist"
that would be ridiculous + would make great headlines if they did

(catching my drift?)

unless there is a better excuse? any ideas?

D94

HSC
N/A
[/B]

even if i dont have one, they can't say "well you aren't depressed if you haven't seen a psychiatrist"

(catching my drift?)

Sure they can say that. You've made no effort to prove your case, so why should they do anything about it? You're making serious claims, and serious claims need to be backed up. And it would not make any headlines.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
[/B]

(catching my drift?)

They would tell you to get one, though. Kids get rejected for extension of assignments and prolonged times to sit their exams because they are suffering anxiety or depression. Most cases are bullshit, but I'm sure some poorly thought out genuine cases are knocked-back too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)