Stop teachers from finding out hsc marks (1 Viewer)

Galladrim

HSC
it was most definitely the biggest problem the school has ever had

and rightly so...

but the story isnt the issue

and whether u think im being overdramatic doesnt phase me - to say the least

i need ideas on what to complain about

edit: also, i dont want to give away who i am to any kids who browse the site and go to my school
Dramatic. I admit my curiosity is piqued, as no doubt everyone else is, but I applaud your decision not to reveal anything to the vagaries of the internet

What you need to ask yourself is what kind of contact you're going to have with your school over the next couple of years. If you don't intend to have any ,then I think its best just to not worry. Teachers may in the short term be surprised by your results, but ultimately they will move on. You've already observed that this was a lesson for you. Take it openly and

If you really feel this will plague you another option is to go and come completely clean with them, even before the results come out. It is damn hard to work up the courage to do this, but you feel so much better for having done so, believe me. You've already said you regret not taking that opportunity to work harder; this is another opportunity if you want it.

But remember, if you've already come first in multiple subjects, your marks really shouldn't be too bad anyway. Try not to talk yourself down. I doubt one person can honestly say that there's nothing more they could have done to prepare. I certainly couldn't. Try to take what you can from it, and don't let the thought of what has already come and gone detract from the marvelous holiday that you can take now.

Best of luck mate! Pull through.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Make thread asking for advice to stop teachers seeing your marks due to something supposedly massive.
Don't mention what actually happened.
Get advice, continue thead by saying you should make up a bs excuse to the bos.
Keep referring to "great headlines".
Continue alluding to same event, yet refusing to say what occurred.

Sounds more like you are seeking attention then genuine help tbh

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
eh, if they see it they see it

they can't reject a person's claims of depression under a 'suspicion' that they may be tied in with a BoredofStudies account.

+ it would make great headlines if they did
wow, have a read of the ombudsman's report into the board of studies.

They once did exactly that (replace 'claims of depression' with 'FOI request'). And it did make plenty of headlines.

http://boredofstudies.org/ombudsman.pdf

Galladrim

HSC
wow, have a read of the ombudsman's report into the board of studies.

They once did exactly that (replace 'claims of depression' with 'FOI request'). And it did make plenty of headlines.

http://boredofstudies.org/ombudsman.pdf
Wow, now that is interesting stuff. Understandably i didn't read the whole the whole thing, but browsing through the Omsbudsman seems to suggest that Parsonage was in the right. For them to replicate that action after already having had suggestions made to the contrary, and with a claim of emotional damage, would not sit well.

Stephaniex

HSC
There's really not much point in hiding from your marks. You've already expressed regret at taking the easy way out with your lack of study earlier, so why do it this time? The teachers will look at your marks, perhaps have a little laugh at your misfortune if they disliked you a lot and move on with the next year group.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
I never gave two bits whether or not my teachers saw my marks or not. I'm downright proud of what I got and so should you unless you know you never placed any effort in the first place.

Tazzz

HSC
here is my guess why he doesnt want people to know, he probably bragged majorly during yr 12 how good he though he was and acted arrogantly, making enemies with teachers and students. he now thinks if his teachers find out they will also tell other students and he will look really stupid (due to poor marks and being an arrogant douche)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
here is my guess why he doesnt want people to know, he probably bragged majorly during yr 12 how good he though he was and acted arrogantly, making enemies with teachers and students. he now thinks if his teachers find out they will also tell other students and he will look really stupid (due to poor marks and being an arrogant douche)
And he'll be used as fodder for next year's HSC. "Remember that guy *insert noworriez's real name here*, who was really smart? Yeah you all remember how he kept saying how good he was? And you all heard of his great results? Yeah? You do? Great! Because in the HSC, he got an average mark of 62. SO WORK HARDER".

K

khorne

this exactly.

You deserve whats coming.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Make thread asking for advice to stop teachers seeing your marks due to something supposedly massive.
Don't mention what actually happened.
Get advice, continue thead by saying you should make up a bs excuse to the bos.
Keep referring to "great headlines".
Continue alluding to same event, yet refusing to say what occurred.

Sounds more like you are seeking attention then genuine help tbh
Realise nothing. That's what has happened.

Exactly what I thought reading this.
Also, newspaper article headline was probs "smart kid does well in trial papers but teachers mark unfairly" then teachers at school change marks when they were right.

nedzelic

HSC
Don't try to deal with BOS. We went on a 4 year court case under FOI and only then just won...they are very bureacratical

gwenwiver

HSC
N/A
There's really not much point in hiding from your marks. You've already expressed regret at taking the easy way out with your lack of study earlier, so why do it this time? The teachers will look at your marks, perhaps have a little laugh at your misfortune if they disliked you a lot and move on with the next year group.

Agree with you. As you focus on yourself so do your teachers focus on themselves and the future. They will not fixate on your results as you are doing right now. In a few months time you will forget your embarrassment and get on with your life. Your teachers by then will be focused on theo next cohort.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)