Stuck with my subjects (1 Viewer)

Rustyrails

HSC
Hey everyone,
I’m currently in Year 11 doing Advanced Maths, bio, Chem, Hospitality, Modern History and Advanved English.
I’ve been struggling with advanced maths the whole year and somehow no matter how much study I put in nothing positive seems to come out of it as the result stays the same. I recently had my prelims and was shocked by how bad my maths one went and very tempted to drop to standard maths, a similar situation happened with Chemistry, although I did pretty well with the depth study and first exam I bombed my prelim for it and maths and am confused on what I need to do next? I feel like there’s no consistency and I feel really stuck and this whole situations been taking a toll on everything and was hoping to get any opinion.
Thanks

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
If you have tried everything and it didn't work maybe consider getting a tutor if you can afford it because they can work step by step with you on how to improve

studygirl118

HSC
Advanced Maths is really hard - maybe consider do you really need to do it? for example is it a prerequisite for the uni degree you're interested in?
consider the impact that it will have on your other hsc studies as well - are you doing so poorly that it will drag down your whole atar or stop you from spending time on other hsc subjects?
One of my friends in Year 12 was too stubborn to drop adv maths in year 12 even tho she was failing - she even had tutoring but nothing helped. think she got like 23% in the trial and it really dragged down her atar. needless to say, if you are really struggling then perhaps it would be best to drop it - especially if you known you can achieve a better mark in standard math. good luck with whatever you choose!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)