Stuck with the same subjects till the end, any regrets? (1 Viewer)

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
So we're half way through the Prelim course and all subjects changes are off the table, we're stuck with the same subjects till the end of yr 12.

If you could choose your subjects all over again, would you choose differently or would you definately choose the same subjects?

I tried to pick up a subject at the beginning of this term but it was too late and now I regret it. I wish that back when we all did our subjects choices, I chose differently.

I would probably not do the bare minimum of 12 units and I would probably not do Biology or English Extention which would be replaced with Japanese Beginners or Chinese Beginners and Economics.

My Subjects:
Biology
Chemistry
English Adv.
English 3U
Math 2U
Math 3U
Physics

My Dream Subjects:
Chemistry
Economics
English Adv.
Japanese Beginners
Math 2U
Math 3U
Physics

The only good thing about my current subject choices are a LOT of free periods.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
I'm not stuck with my subjects until the end of year 12, I can drop any subject except 2 units of English at the beginning of year 12.
My subjects at the moment are:
English Adv.
English Extension
Maths Extension
Legal Studies
Physics
Business Studies
Studies of Religion (complusory)

Probable subjects at the beginning of Year 12:
English Adv.
English Extension 1
Maths Extension 2
Legal Studies
Physics
Studies of Religion

I have no regrets about my subjects, and I would also like to do a distinction course in year 12 as well, but not sure whether my accelerated marks would get me into the course.

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
I would also like to do a distinction course in year 12 as well, but not sure whether my accelerated marks would get me into the course.
What's a distinction course?

And another thing is, I'm sure most people were wise enough to change any subjects they weren't enjoying at the beginning of yr 11. However, I was still in my "stride" in term 1 and enjoyed every subject up until now.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
~shinigami~ said:
What's a distinction course?

And another thing is, I'm sure most people were wise enough to change any subjects they weren't enjoying at the beginning of yr 11. However, I was still in my "stride" in term 1 and enjoyed every subject up until now.
Look at this website for more details about distinction courses:
http://www.distinction.nsw.edu.au/

At my school, there were many people who changed classes during the first term, some even changed classes twice.

coolkoombaya

HSC
im doing atm:
standard english
2 unit math
Geography
Legal studies
physics
biology (changed from business services, a VET course)

Yeah, at sefton, we must do 12 units in year 11, and can drop down to a minimum of 10 in year 12. we cant do more than 12 units. an intresting thing is, we do 12 units now in year 11, otehr schools, also do 12 units, however they have free periods, where as we dont. i fink this is probably better, as it maxamises the learning time. (pretty long, since each period is 80 mins, 4 a day). and we dont have accelerated classes in sefton.

ill probably keep all my subjects for year 12, cos im suprisingly above average for all my subjects according to my half yearly reports. i guess, hard work kinda does pay off.

i kinda wonder wat itll be like to do economics, i shouldnt have done 2 sciences, shoulda just did one. im more of a social sciences person. and hospitality seems fun. woudlnt mind doing it.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Actually in year 11 12 units is the minium while in year 12 10 units is the minium so it is not exclusive to just your school, although you can do more then 12 units its just not adviced in some cases. ;)

Also those with free sessions maybe doing a Tafe course which would mean one day a week they would have to leave early and if it counts towards their units then it would mean free sessions.

Speaking from a year 12 perspective I am quite happy with my subjects at the moment and I can drop a subject if I want to but this late in the year I have done the hard yards I might as well stick it out in all my subjects.

HSC
I'm doing 3unit mathematics, 3unit english, d&t, economics and biology.
I <3 all of them.

Though, i would love to have done French and Engineering Studies.

D

dzzlng_07

im stuck with
3u maths
3 u english
phsyics
bio
chemistry

i regret doing all 3 sciences.. its SO hard! i wish i did eco instead of bio cuz there's too much memorizing for bio..

but im gna drop bio n pick up 4u maths and drop ext eng so that should be okay.. =]

Dzak Helfeather

HSC
I don't want to do Legal anymore ;_;

I guess uh...picking up Ext2 English and History Ext isn't that smart, huh?

w00dy.

HSC
subjects at present:

Ext English
Adv English
Adv Maths
Bio
Modern History
CAFS
Photography

my subjects for Yr 12
Adv English
(possibly) General Maths
Bio
Modern History
CAFS
(possibly) Ext History

At the present. i have no regrets. i dont think i would choose any differently. it is all what i enjoy. therfore i is :)

karnoganguli

HSC
I still have a chance to drop a subject but i cannot pick up one now...
I'm doing:
Ancient history
Economics
Physics
Chemistry
2U maths
3U maths
Advanced English
Extension English

DREAM SUBJECTS NEXT YEAR
4u maths
3u maths (2u is disregarded)
Advanced english
Economics
Chemistry
Ancient History
Business studies

Sofstar

HSC
I'm alright with my subjects except i probably should've done art or the photography course instead of economics.

Nesty

Proud TB =)
HSC
dun really do regrets but i must say picking bio was a bit stupid.. i would rather swap bio with physics or something

tmde1st

HSC
ive got
chemistry
phsyics
bio
adv eng
2u maths
dt
1u re (compulsory)

as soon as i get the oppotunity goodbye physics. too many formulas to memorise.

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Would've liked to have chosen Ext 1 English but oh well, all is done.

Oh, and the Art and Ancient History kids at my school are heading to Italy for an excursion so it'd have been cool if I had chosen either. Lucky children. :mad1:

HSC
This year's subjects:
English Adv
Maths Adv
Physics
Chemistry
Agriculture
PD/H/PE

Dream subjects: (its never going to happen though :()
Maths Adv
Physics
Chemistry
Agriculture
PD/H/PE

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
I think that is something of a dream for the majority of HSC/preliminary students.....if only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)