Student ID cards (1 Viewer)

HSC
can you keep the card on just use it like normal without having to activate this visa crap, or do you have to formally opt out?

sannous1

HSC
still haven't recieved mine yet its been 15 days....? should i call them? how do you know you have to pick it up from the post office?

KarmaKitten

HSC
still haven't recieved mine yet its been 15 days....? should i call them? how do you know you have to pick it up from the post office?
If there is something for you at the post office, there should be a little red slip in the mailbox telling you about it.

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
i cant activate mine? i get stuck when i get to the DOB part and i cant write anything? i am on a windows pc, with vista and with IE 8.. but down the bottom of the screen it says 'error on page'. When it says stuff on this page is secure or something, do we press yes or no? wat else could i try? should i try my mac? with safari and chrome?

or do i go to: https://your.prepaidcardsupport.net/anzportal/index.do

and click on
New Cardholder
Registration
and go from there and enter the details?
A lot of people have gotten past the DOB problem by using the ANZ site, hence bypassing the USYD portal.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
can you keep the card on just use it like normal without having to activate this visa crap, or do you have to formally opt out?
im pretty sure you can still use it without activating the visa thing

X2RADialbomber

mandapanda
HSC
The calendar works in IE6 for everyone who might be wondering. My picture is horrible... The woman who took my picture said I looked great in it. What a liar. :mad: haha

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I had a fatter face in first year

Actually I look very little like that picture now.. totally different hair colour, shorter hair, face has changed shape slightly...already had a couple of transit officers look at it suspiciously lol

okimura1170

HSC
N/A
i was thinking the same but after reading the brochure, it was unclear if have to activate card and load money on it to so as to be able to pay for photocopy and print in the library.

dafs2

HSC
i was thinking the same but after reading the brochure, it was unclear if have to activate card and load money on it to so as to be able to pay for photocopy and print in the library.
they're separate. There's a machine designed for loading money for photocopying & printing and one for loading money for visa purposes. The money loaded
for the visa can't be used for photocopying. I'm pretty sure you don't need to formally opt out of this, as long as you dont activate it online you can still use the card for printing etc as they function from different places.

Also says on the USYD website, "The choice to activate the Visa prepaid payment functionality is yours.'

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
Got mine today. Although when I try activate the visa function, it wont let me put in a date of birth =\. So i cant activate. anyone have any idea why?

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
Got mine today. Although when I try activate the visa function, it wont let me put in a date of birth =\. So i cant activate. anyone have any idea why?
This site lets you register properly: https://your.prepaidcardsupport.net/anzportal/index.do

Though USyd and ANZ can swipe their cards up their arses for all I'm concerned. I registered my card perfectly fine a few hours ago (though never received any kind of email confirmation which I was expecting, due to entering my email address) but went to log in about half an hour ago to no avail.

I know for a FACT that I was using the right password and that I entered it correctly to begin with as they force you to enter it twice and I wrote it down on registering. Anyway, I thought perhaps I had my user ID wrong so I clicked "Forgot username / password" and confirmed that I was, in fact, using the right username. I tried to log in for a third time and received 'User is Blocked,Please ring 1800 773 720 to have your password reset.'

I called the number and was told to press a few numbers by a robot-lady. Said robot lady then proceeded to inform me that it would cost four fucking dollars to talk to someone! How on earth is this fair? I made the account just hours ago. I KNOW my login details were correct. I'm not paying them fucking $4 just so that I can tell some person on the other side of the world to fix ANZ's mistake.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
hahaha that exact thing happened to me

they give you a replacement password thats like a million letters long and then you have to go reset it yourself

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
Did you have the same problem. Why doesn't the other site (through usyd) work when it comes to puting in your DOB? cos thats the site they ask you to go to...

EDIT: btw I called anz and that four dollar thing came up. but i didnt pay anything since im not even activated... He told me that apparently usyd havn't provided them with my VISA card number yet, its not on their system. So thats y i cant enetr my DOB. Maybe ur having ur problem cos u worked ur way around it by going to that site?

Dno but it dusnt make sense. if it wasnt on their system, wuldnt it stop me after the step where i put in my card number?

Last edited:

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
Did you have the same problem. Why doesn't the other site (through usyd) work when it comes to puting in your DOB? cos thats the site they ask you to go to...

EDIT: btw I called anz and that four dollar thing came up. but i didnt pay anything since im not even activated... He told me that apparently usyd havn't provided them with my VISA card number yet, its not on their system. So thats y i cant enetr my DOB. Maybe ur having ur problem cos u worked ur way around it by going to that site?

Dno but it dusnt make sense. if it wasnt on their system, wuldnt it stop me after the step where i put in my card number?
I don't think so, other people seem to have had it work after registering through the ANZ site. I have no idea what went wrong. I contacted ANZ through their website as I'm not in a total hurry to get the card up and running - it said I should expect a reply within 2-5 days.

And I think the $4 is just directly charged to your phone bill.

ddtng

HSC
You don't have to opt out.

If you want a new card without the ANZ/Visa labelling you can fill a form here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)