• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Students quit over anti-American slurs (2 Viewers)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Basically they don't understand that Aussies are "taking the piss"... a lot of it would bejoking around, but so many yanks take themselves so seriously and can't laugh at themselves at all. This is shown by the statement that they think everyone loves Americans lol... I mean that is kinda ignorant.

The ones who are being vilified are probably pains in the ass. That has certainly been the case in my student residence. The idiot rude yanks get teased, the nice ones don't.

They get offended by anything. E.g. my yank flatmate and his friends were highly offended by the film shown at tropfest this year where a cardboard cutout of George Bush featured in a horror movie and the cutboard cutout was decapitated.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
If I joke around with Aboriginal or sexist jokes I would get told off by the lefties, even if I was taking the piss as you say.

Mr. Bloomsbury

HSC
withoutaface said:
If I joke around with Aboriginal or sexist jokes I would get told off by the lefties, even if I was taking the piss as you say.
Its probably just not so funny because people are so sick of laughing after looking at your face.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
No, I think that's a load of BS, sure some might be taking the piss... but i've heard morons talking about Americans and it's not a joke at all.

spell check

HSC
withoutaface said:
that's because those groups, aboriginal people and women, have been historically victims of massive injustices etc, so making light of it isn't funny, as with the holocaust.

but americans are just people from america, the most powerful nation in the world. it's fine to make jokes about them all being gun nuts and invading iraq

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
But lefties are such nice, understanding people! :(
Hey look at WHY the lefties are doin this... its coz of what you right wingers DO, so basically ur being hypocritical wen saying "lefties are slak for doin this" coz ur the ones who caused it.

P.s Not all lefties are like that

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
shady_03 said:
Hey look at WHY the lefties are doin this... its coz of what you right wingers DO, so basically ur being hypocritical wen saying "lefties are slak for doin this" coz ur the ones who caused it.

P.s Not all lefties are like that
Do you have any Idea how many lefty governments have lead to the deaths of people? Does that mean I should go around being a total asshole to u guys?

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Do you have any Idea how many lefty governments have lead to the deaths of people? Does that mean I should go around being a total asshole to u guys?
Yeah i know, did i say that all left governments were perfect? Fukin Clinton and Kossovo, he was fuked coz he did that.

But it wasn't as bad as Bush = killing of millions of innocent civilians in Iraq, and young American soldiers (total death count 1700).

And wat about Bush senior leaving the (kuwaitis or saudi arabians im not sure) stranded to die ?

Mr. Bloomsbury

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
If only the US were killing more terrorists than civilians..

Jonathan A

HSC
Xayma said:
There is always the Engineering faculty. :p

Umm Hitler was probably more left winged then the American Democrats.

Depends what scale you look at. Sociologically yes, because left is defined as being radical. Socially, he is aligned at many times as right.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
shady_03 said:
Yeah i know, did i say that all left governments were perfect? Fukin Clinton and Kossovo, he was fuked coz he did that.

But it wasn't as bad as Bush = killing of millions of innocent civilians in Iraq, and young American soldiers (total death count 1700).

And wat about Bush senior leaving the (kuwaitis or saudi arabians im not sure) stranded to die ?
I think you'll find that the reason people were upset with Bush Snr leaving was because he DIDN'T invade Iraq (as Bush Jr has done)....

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
anti-mathmite said:
I am so sick of hearing that phrase :rolleyes:

killing millions of innocent civilians... Like Saddam Hussein did? At least bush doesn't drop chemical gasses on minority groups because they are that, minority groups. He drops bombs because he wants iraq a certain way.. Not because he wants a certain raced snuffed out.
Tru - he wants them oil- less (more for America!)

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I think you'll find that the reason people were upset with Bush Snr leaving was because he DIDN'T invade Iraq (as Bush Jr has done)....
still doesnt excuse telling those people 2 rise up, promising them support then leaving them 2 die

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
You're close... It's about "controlling oil", however I think you'll find it's not as simplistic as him stealing it to give it to america...
Long-Term stability in the middle east is important for America and the world..

edit: Of course not Shady, that was terrible... But you should at least somewhat support the War in Iraq if you are anti-sadam, even if you disagree with the ammount of casulties caused by bombs or whatever.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
on the one hand, i dodnt support racism etc.

on the other hand, there is a sort of poetic justice in it all, with american sentiment towards arabs, that being said, i'm sure most of the americans here dont feel that way abouut arabs, and those that do....well....my head laughs, but my heart doesnt

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
You're close... It's about "controlling oil", however I think you'll find it's not as simplistic as him stealing it to give it to america...
Long-Term stability in the middle east is important for America and the world..

edit: Of course not Shady, that was terrible... But you should at least somewhat support the War in Iraq if you are anti-sadam, even if you disagree with the ammount of casulties caused by bombs or whatever.

Tru, long term stability is important but it shouldnt have been used as a "mask" 2 try and hide the real reason for the war - which was mainly oil (plz dont tell me u believe the whole weapons of mass destruction bullshit?)

Newayz, no offence but i always saw u as a bit of a right wing asshole coz u always seem 2 shit on the left - but u just displayed that u are (sometimes) understanding of both sides, so thanx

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Yea well If someone says "I hate arabs" I'll hastle the shit out of them too, just as I'll hastle people who bag out americans... But you've gotta judge people by their actions, not their nationality/race...

Generator

HSC
N/A
markmooks said:
I'm surprised no-one is questioning the authenticity of the article or the claims in it.
If not only because of the communist web sites listed at the bottom of it, then
because the article is very slanted and emotive, laying out outlandish claims
about Australians and Americans. I suspect it's a fraud designed to stir up
unrest.
The Sunday Mail is in all likelihood a 'sensationalist rag' (name a Murdoch Sunday paper that isn't), but I doubt that it would report a deliberate falsehood. Also, the commie links are a part of comrade's signature, not the article.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
anti-mathmite said:
:rolleyes: Yes. I wish i could be a lefty. Lets all act feral. Can i have an eminem avatar so i can be cool?!
Ur sorely mistaken if u actually think that that insults me, thats gotta be one of the lamest insults ive ever heard....

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
anti-mathmite said:
Yeh right.. As if they would divulge the real reason. Lefties would be jumping up and down whingeing more than you.

:rolleyes: Yes. I wish i could be a lefty. Lets all act feral. Can i have an eminem avatar so i can be cool?!

sorry you're not funny

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)