Studies of Religion I (1 Viewer)

smashgh

HSC
Question 9) The aboriginals need to be buried in their country so that the sprits can return to the sacred sites with there ancestors =]
Yeh but i was like...they're spirits, can't they travel over water.
So i went c, because i thought, well they probably need to be buried and in order for that to happen they should probably be buried by their relatives.
D's probably right :(

reps2g

HSC
NOOOOOOOOOOO can someone scan the paper... i forgot to take mine out of the exam room!

MiPh

HSC
Yeh but i was like...they're spirits, can't they travel over water.
So i went c, because i thought, well they probably need to be buried and in order for that to happen they should probably be buried by their relatives.
D's probably right :(
Is Tasmania considered "their country", or maybe they've built a spiritual bridge crossing over to Victoria.

febebebe

HSC
My answers were
1 D ( I didn't know - they all seemed right)
2 B
3 A
4 D
5 C
6 B
7 B
8 C
9 C
10 D
i said 4 was c, and 9 is d and 10 is a. what are your reasoning for these 3??

MiPh

HSC
4 was D. The Uniting Church was formed as a result of ecumenical stuff from three littleys. I agree with your 9 and 10 however.

josho234

HSC
Pretty sure 9 was D to be honest as well, as in textbook it states how aboriginals spirits join ancestors in the afterlife

wavess

HSC
Well for 10, I guess I'm wrong. But for 9c, (I wrote my reasoning earlier on: 'Because the terms aboriginal spirituality were in the question, and if you look at the syllabus it includes ceremonial life, obligation to land and kinship. So basically, when I saw burial rituals, I knew it was linked to aboriginal spirituality!'
I didn't choose d because I don't get the idea of the deceased spirit returning to its ancestors. I don't get the 'returning' bit in the sentence. I'm not saying I'm right, but that was just my reasoning.
I chose 4c,because from the notes that I had, it said the Uniting Church was an example of an ecumenical movement ( there was also NCCA, and NSw ecumenical council )

josho234

HSC
I chose 4c,because from the notes that I had, it said the Uniting Church was an example of an ecumenical movement ( there was also NCCA, and NSw ecumenical council )
Uniting Church is an example of ecumenical movement, but Uniting Church is option 4D not C...., If you wrote C you put Anglican Church which is definetly wrong. 4D is correct answer

josho234

HSC
Also for question 9, I never read anything in the syllabus dot points about burial rituals being central to aboriginal spirituality. However a key part of aboriginal spiritualiy is the belief that they came from the ancestors and thus they "return" to them after death. Ancestors are also landmarks around their "country" so therefore its vital to be buried in their country so they can return to the ancestors

wavess

HSC
Also for question 9, I never read anything in the syllabus dot points about burial rituals being central to aboriginal spirituality. However a key part of aboriginal spiritualiy is the belief that they came from the ancestors and thus they "return" to them after death. Ancestors are also landmarks around their "country" so therefore its vital to be buried in their country so they can return to the ancestors
I meant the dot point includes ceremonial rights, where it includes the initiation rituals, balance rituals and burial/ death rituals, but I checked this website and it says what you say, so you're right :
http://www.indigenousaustralia.info/culture/mourning-ceremonies.html

wavess

HSC
Uniting Church is an example of ecumenical movement, but Uniting Church is option 4D not C...., If you wrote C you put Anglican Church which is definetly wrong. 4D is correct answer
Yeah I deffs chose D, I just didn't realise

SWilko21

HSC
I was not expecting Jewish marriage for section 2. I hope I put enough down

jordannf

HSC
for section 2, where it asked for a 'brief outline of ethical teachings', how did you all go about that?
i did Buddhism there - begun with a brief definition of bioethics and then I wrote about the 5 precepts and 4 noble truths.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Easy. No real ambiguities with the multiple choice, Question 11 was basically what was asked in my Trial Exam, Section 2 was easy enough, and we pretty much did the same essay question back in a Term 2 internal assessment. Overall very happy.

And with that, I conclude my secondary schooling. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)