Studies of Religion I (1 Viewer)

pb1234

HSC
can someone please post a copy of the exam multiple choice?

hscwav2012

HSC
Likely 48/50, although with the essay question back to pre-2009 style, so more likely 47/50. You're welcome.
It wouldn't be that high, a raw mark in the 90's wouldn't scale down. It would be around 44/45

studybot

HSC
Yeah you're right, >60 even for jut Christianity
Also, in the 2006 census 30% of Australians didn't state their religion or stated they had 'no religion'.
So, I completely agree with this : ))

Genero

HSC
Anyone hear about how everyone in the state went when the format of the essay was reverted to pre-2009?

_Arsenal_

HSC
I had a complete mind-blank when writing about Qutb and ended up writing 3-4 pages on BS - I did mention his "Social justice" views, Mahijad(?spelling), and a few other views within his text, but it was poorly done. If I get 11/20 for it, I'd be more than suprised. MC - 7/10 probably and Christianity section II, pretty good, 13-14/15. So overall, not that bad, but not great.

c2topher

HSC
N/A
Directly from a hsc marker
1.d
2.b
3.a
4.d
5.c
6.b
7.b
8.c
9.d
10.a

George121

HSC
For question 4 MC it was asking for the consequence of ecumenical dialogue or whatever
Is the formation of the uniting church a consequence or a benefit?

studybot

HSC
For question 4 MC it was asking for the consequence of ecumenical dialogue or whatever
Is the formation of the uniting church a consequence or a benefit?
Oh, that question.
It was regarding which church was formed as an influence of the ecumenical movement in Australia.
The word 'consequence' made me think too :I

febebebe

HSC
4 was D. The Uniting Church was formed as a result of ecumenical stuff from three littleys. I agree with your 9 and 10 however.
oh sorry brain freeze, yes, i put 4 as d too :p

posh bitch

HSC
omg !
section 3, did we have to bring in the ethics and practice even though it only asked for person ?

jaev1n

HSC
omg !
section 3, did we have to bring in the ethics and practice even though it only asked for person ?
Yes, so many people made this mistake in our trial.
I'm led to believe we had to include all three sections in the extended response.

pb1234

HSC
omg !
I didn't, the question clearly asked for person. In other questions they are a bit more broad, allowing you to use all 3 parts - but in this question it didn't

Kieran95

HSC
Yes, so many people made this mistake in our trial.
I'm led to believe we had to include all three sections in the extended response.
It specifically said 'significant PERSON' for a reason. You would only talk about all 3 on a broader question

wavess

HSC
It specifically said 'significant PERSON' for a reason. You would only talk about all 3 on a broader question
My teachers said yeah you do focus on that person, but you can also link it to the other aspects of the depth study.

pb1234

HSC
My teachers said yeah you do focus on that person, but you can also link it to the other aspects of the depth study.
I think that with the question from 2009-2011 this was needed, but since they changed back to the pre-2009 format - you were meant to focus entirely on the person. However, adding a couple of paragraphs in relating to the other aspects can't hurt, although i didn't choose too since the question was so specific.

jaev1n

HSC
True, but from what I've heard from teachers is that no matter the question - you need to manipulate it so you can discuss all three sections.
I'm just saying I did what I was told to do. My response was 75% person 25% practice/ethics.
Who knows though lmao

Kieran95

HSC
True, but from what I've heard from teachers is that no matter the question - you need to manipulate it so you can discuss all three sections.
I'm just saying I did what I was told to do. My response was 75% person 25% practice/ethics.
Who knows though lmao
I'm pretty sure you would've been told this because just about no one predicted that they would revert back to the pre-2009 questions. Almost every teacher was expecting an open-ended question where you had the scope to talk about all three.

You may be right, but im 99.9% sure you were limited to just the significant person in this style question.

jaev1n

HSC
I'm pretty sure you would've been told this because just about no one predicted that they would revert back to the pre-2009 questions. Almost every teacher was expecting an open-ended question where you had the scope to talk about all three.

You may be right, but im 99.9% sure you were limited to just the significant person in this style question.
Probably right then, quite a lot of people in my class did all three, at least only 1.5 pages out of my response was the other two!

reps2g

HSC
well considering that it was a "too an extent" question.. coudln't we argue using a "however" like in modern history? In saying that.. i only discussed the significant person aspect..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)