• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Study Group (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimblor

HSC
hey, I'm Kim
I go to Birrong Girls and I live in Birrong, so seeing as I'm really close to the train station; I'm happy to go to anyone's house/library that I can get to via train?
I do Adv. English; Art; Ancient; Society & Culture and CaFS.
Cheso, Bankstown and Regents Park library are all close to me, but I'm willing to compromise

It makes sense to aim this at people in my general vicinity...
so basically if you're in the bankstown kind of area and do any of those subjects, and you don't take yourself super seriously, let me know :)

kimminycricket.x@hotmail.com

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
e-star!09 said:
Heyyy.... i just realised, isn't chatswood heaps far?
well, if you really need company, then i suppose i could come (because i'm nice =D)
what time on saturdays?
ha i just realised i cant come THIS saturday

buh i'll be there sunday from 10-3:30, then maths tutoring :)

however most other saturday's i'll be there, all day basically

HSC
<i>i know i said id never write on this thread again but to the girl who goes to birrong, i oive in carrmar and i go to cheso high.

parra is like close to us, so if yu wann ameet up i can whenever your free.
:)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I just wanted to revive this thread because I want to form a study group during this holiday. Is there anyone up for it?

I can help anyone with 2 Unit, 3 Unit Mathematics and Business Studies. I can also help out with 4 Unit Mathematics.

Topping hsc 2 unit maths as an accelerant really gives me confidence about teaching it to others. Similar story for 3 unit.

If anyone is interested, please PM me for more details. We will discuss when/where we will meet, what we will do, what everyone needs to bring and etc. And in your pm, tell me how you can contribute to the study group, yay!

btw, pm means private message.

p.s. someone sent me a pm showing his interest. i am sorry that i delayed this.

p.s.s. my subjects are in sig, if you can help me in anything, that will be AWESOME.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
Hey, I don't mind having a study group and I can travel to Strathfield Library if needs be, but I'd prefer Parra as I go there with the-derivative every Saturday, and occasionally see adidasboy there.

I'm not too sure if I can help people too much as I'm pretty stupid in all my subjects. But I think I can help those with English and Maths to a certain extent. But there are probably better people to ask than me. I also wouldn't mind sharing some of my school's past papers around and if you guys want to photocopy any parts of a textbook, I'll see if I can bring it for you. Ummm .. I can also provide study notes for things such as Economics and Physics. That's about all I have to give :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Doctor Jolly said:
Hey, I don't mind having a study group and I can travel to Strathfield Library if needs be, but I'd prefer Parra as I go there with the-derivative every Saturday, and occasionally see adidasboy there.

I'm not too sure if I can help people too much as I'm pretty stupid in all my subjects. But I think I can help those with English and Maths to a certain extent. But there are probably better people to ask than me. I also wouldn't mind sharing some of my school's past papers around and if you guys want to photocopy any parts of a textbook, I'll see if I can bring it for you. Ummm .. I can also provide study notes for things such as Economics and Physics. That's about all I have to give :)
Oh that is awesome.

I don't think I can spare any time tomorrow but I will see if I can do anything about that.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
lyounamu said:
Oh that is awesome.

I don't think I can spare any time tomorrow but I will see if I can do anything about that.
Oh by 'every Saturday' I mean every school saturday because we all go to the same tutor. I don't think I'm free tomorrow to go to the library.

EDIT: wait, I think I can arrange something if you still want to have a study group namu.

Last edited:

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
I'm up for that study group at Parra - I'm there almost every saturday anyway as DJ said with addidasboy.

Also myself and MrRandom are thinking of forming a study group in the South West, maybe in the Fairfield/Cabramatta area. Hoping we can find some strong english students (because we're pretty sure we can help with maths).

Also thought I'd say what I can help with. My main strengths would be Business Studies, SDD, Religion and Physics and I think I'd be pretty capable in helping you in maths (however there are people who would be more capable then myself - but I'd give it a go). I can also try and help you in English, but it's not as strong as my other subjects.

Last edited:

xMrRand0m

HSC
the-derivative said:
I'm up for that study group at Parra - I'm there almost every saturday anyway as DJ said with addidasboy.

Also myself and MrRandom are thinking of forming a study group in the South West, maybe in the Fairfield/Cabramatta area. Hoping we can find some strong english students (because we're pretty sure we can help with maths).

Also thought I'd say what I can help with. My main strengths would be Business Studies, SDD, Religion and Physics and I think I'd be pretty capable in helping you in maths (however there are people who would be more capable then myself - but I'd give it a go). I can also try and help you in English, but it's not as strong as my other subjects.
hmm yeah, what i'm thinking of is probably on a Friday afternoon, weekly basis, at either Fairfield or Cabramatta library. My strong points are legal studies, mathematics, i could offer some help with economics; but i've still got to improve my marks.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
I'd just tag along if it's in Parra :D
I can't offer any help 'cause I'm not spectacular in any particular subject
I'll be like, the parasite :D

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
youngminii said:
LOL! I think I'll be just 'tagging along' for the study group. I can't exactly help anyone, unless they're doing Romulus, My Father as a text for English?

Hey, youngminii, what's your real name btw?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
youngminii said:
I think you will be SO AWESOME to hang around with! :p :p :p

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
LOL! I think I'll be just 'tagging along' for the study group. I can't exactly help anyone, unless they're doing Romulus, My Father as a text for English?

Hey, youngminii, what's your real name btw?
Andrew Cho
(Young-Min is my Korean name)

Anyways, I probably wouldn't study at all in the holidays unless I had a reason to go to the library or something, so this is quite relevant to my interests.

Lol @ namu

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
youngminii said:
Andrew Cho
(Young-Min is my Korean name)

Anyways, I probably wouldn't study at all in the holidays unless I had a reason to go to the library or something, so this is quite relevant to my interests.

Lol @ namu
Nice to meet you Andrew, I'm Yvonne :)

So you're not planning to study during the holidays? That's quite unfortunate. What are you planning to do with 6 weeks worth of free time? Hopefully this study group thing will motivate you :)

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
Nice to meet you Andrew, I'm Yvonne :)

So you're not planning to study during the holidays? That's quite unfortunate. What are you planning to do with 6 weeks worth of free time? Hopefully this study group thing will motivate you :)
Hah, I always plan to study in the holidays
I don't follow through with my plans much :haha:
Nice to meet you Yvonne :)

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
youngminii said:
Hah, I always plan to study in the holidays
I don't follow through with my plans much :haha:
Nice to meet you Yvonne :)
Ah yeah that often happens with me too. I have a full study regime laid out starting tomorrow and I have a feeling I won't want to follow it :(

xMrRand0m

HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
Ah yeah that often happens with me too. I have a full study regime laid out starting tomorrow and I have a feeling I won't want to follow it :(
lol. Same with me, I'm having trouble doing this extension II maths homework on locus of complex numbers and it's making me all depressed >.< I can't really get any motivation at the moment, thinking of putting off study for another day. =(

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
xMrRand0m said:
lol. Same with me, I'm having trouble doing this extension II maths homework on locus of complex numbers and it's making me all depressed >.< I can't really get any motivation at the moment, thinking of putting off study for another day. =(
Same here.
Although keep in mind - those are past Jr and Catholic papers.
But yeah - I definately need some motivation and maybe a new environment to study in.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
xMrRand0m said:
I know exactly how you feel. Factorisation is pissing me off. I DON'T GET IT AT ALL :hammer:

youngminii

Banned
HSC
xMrRand0m said:
Hi, have you met my friend Procrastination?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)