Study Notes or Exam Questions? (1 Viewer)

Automatic

HSC
So my trials are beginning at the end of July and I'm trying to figure out the best way to be prepared for them.

There are many topics of my subjects which i have not completed study notes for.
I'm wondering what people think is more effective, trying to finish the study notes for all my subjects in the 2 week holidays and 2 weeks back at school before trials (which is pretty much impossible to get it all done)
OR should i just start doing exam papers i.e. finding the information, practicing answering exam questions and marking the work

People of the HSC, what do you think?

:)

Flop21

HSC
Why is it impossible to finish your notes? I mean, why not even start to finish them now?

If it truly is, find a faster way to finish them. E.g. copy and paste from other notes into yours. Format them how you like and there done.

Finish them quickly, as you are doing them you will be reminded of information. You can start your past papers / practise questions as you do them as well.

If it makes you feel better I haven't finished mine either. But I was always going to use other peoples' notes and shove them into my own formatted version.

Automatic

HSC
Why is it impossible to finish your notes? I mean, why not even start to finish them now?

If it truly is, find a faster way to finish them. E.g. copy and paste from other notes into yours. Format them how you like and there done.

Finish them quickly, as you are doing them you will be reminded of information. You can start your past papers / practise questions as you do them as well.
I have an assignment due this week. and then im going away and will be unable to study for a week. Hence, i can only start then.
I write out my notes, which is probably part of the reason it takes a while. Hence copying and pasting isn't really an option and to be honest i don't think it'd help me learn much.
I'm not really sure there is a quicker way to do my notes :/

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I advise you to understand the information, then applying the information in an exam-stimulated context-without your notes-you should not be learning information and doing practice exams concurrently-but there should be a point where you decide that you have done enough study notes-and move on to practice exams. One tip-only do study notes if you really find them helpful-otherwise time consuming and you can consider an alternate method-such as trying to teach the concept to an imaginary/actual friend-or you can always ask whether people have study notes-so you can finish your notes faster and get onto actual exams papers quicker

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)