study periods (2 Viewers)

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
Study periods suck, its probably enough time to study - our periods are 50 mins and thats heaps of time but by the time u get there and un pack thats like 45 - then we have to wait and sign in thats 40 - then when u sign in the library teacher talks to u about some meaningless shit and thats 35 and then u go down and get a table but on ur way u see people and say hi so thats 30 and by the time u prepare all ur stuff and work out wat ur going to do its 25 and then you work for say 15-20 (thats if u dont constantly talk - as i do) and then u spend the rest of the time looking at the clock every second to see wat time u can get out!

Angela86

At my school it's pretty much up to you what you want to do.
I'm sure there are rules but they aren't enforced.
Most ppl hang around the canteen area and if u want to study you go to the libary fishbowls.
I am gonna studdy this year in my studdy periods, as it adds up to a lot of revision time which I really need.

babygoose!

>>rraahhh<<
HSC
our school was pretty strict on free periods in yr 11...had to go to either the library or yr 11 area of the playground..though most of us managed to escape and go down the street...but in yr 12 we are allowed to do whatever we want..and cos our periods are an hour long..we have heaps of time to do whatever...as long as we are back to school for the next period...

we are also allowed to leave the school at recess and lunch..so we pretty much only have to be at school for roll call and timetabled lessons this year

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
our "study periods" were actually called "free periods", which involved bumming around the common room reading trashy mags-diets, sex etc

we were allowed to leave the school if we didn't have class, which was great :D. it must really suck if you have to stay at school

ppl also went to fox studios, a 5 mins walk

of course there were also those who went to the library or empty classroom to do work.

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
yeah our "study periods" were known as "free periods" and if we weren't in the library studying we were kicked off school grounds. we could do as we please but we expected to leave the school. there was barely ever anyone in the library.

free periods were generally beach periods or sleep peiods etc.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Not everybody has one although a fair few do.

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
Originally posted by BowTrUcKle
Does everyone's school have a Year 12 common/study room type thing?
Yeah both my secondary school did - small and untidy - could barely fit the entire yr12 in - packed in like a can of sardines.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
interesting, no we didn't have one, and i don't know anyone who does

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
theres a thread on common rooms.. i wish we had a really kewl one but ours isnt really our common room its like the whole schools common room.. its crap!

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
we have a common room but its more for the teachers with a thing to make coffee and stuff but like we can use it but like kno ones does

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Our common room was pretty shit as well...
We had a table tennis dere, but it got taken away...
We had sum chess sets, but the pieces were stolen...
So yeh... pretty shit

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
Originally posted by tammer
yeah our "study periods" were known as "free periods" and if we weren't in the library studying we were kicked off school grounds. we could do as we please but we expected to leave the school. there was barely ever anyone in the library.

free periods were generally beach periods or sleep peiods etc.
beach periods?
OMG
that is sooo cool!
i wish i lived near a beach

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by miss_pie
....my friend's school just bum around in the 'senior area' of the playground or can leave, i find this bizarre for supervision responsibility type reasons...
yep, thats what happens at my skool- u can never get study done i tell, we just bum around too much!

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by KarmaKitten
whatever we want
we have our study room
hooray for food and microwaves!
LoL, i rem. trying to get every one to pitch in to buy food- but it was a bad idea, coz no one would pay, and everyone would eat the food! grrr...:mad:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Stop complaining, it would take me hours to get to a beach. Thats if its by car. Anytime at the beach is good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)