study periods (2 Viewers)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by kimmeh
apparently they have this chlorine that turns the pool purple when someone pisses in it. and it goes even more purple around the one that pissed :p good ol chemistry :D
did they put an phenolpthalein in it? :D (i.e turns purple under highly basic substances)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
did they put an phenolpthalein in it? :D (i.e turns purple under highly basic substances)
Umm considering the pH is normally 4.6-8 they must have something very wrong with them if the indicator would show. This really stuffs up any indicator of pH since its range is around 3 and is acidic and basic.

Its really just a myth that they can add that stuff unless it was a non-soluble precipitate when it comes in contact with urea (runs off thinking of ideas)

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
Too much chemistry for me.. when the water looks yellow or anything close im not going in... i dont particuarly like public pools.. prefer my own but then again can u really trust ur family *looks accusingly at all members of the family*

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Or forget about a pool and just stay in an air-conditioned house. Hmm I need a weak yellow dye...

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by mazza_728
Too much chemistry for me.. when the water looks yellow or anything close im not going in... i dont particuarly like public pools.. prefer my own but then again can u really trust ur family *looks accusingly at all members of the family*
what abt. the beach? :p

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
mm i think the beach is acceptable because with the all the tides the water will get constantly refreshed therefore the amount of pee would be a minimum .. i hope!

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by mazza_728
mm i think the beach is acceptable because with the all the tides the water will get constantly refreshed therefore the amount of pee would be a minimum .. i hope!
but u know, in some places they pump the sewage out at the beeches. :p

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
yep that would be where i live.. Cronulla -- right near Kurnell Sewage Treatment Works. I always wondered what that funny smell was and what that strange brown stuff was doing floating on the water.
Joking, nah its pumped out to Kurnell Peninsula and by the time it gets there its as good as water.. well thats wat they tell us :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)