"Study" Periods. (1 Viewer)

cherii2007

HSC
@Dyllip: From Term 4, we don't do sport anymore.

At my school, we have four 85 minute periods. I get 6 free periods a fortnight, so that's 510 minutes per fortnight. :D There are lots of people who dropped their subject in my line, so the library is full of us. I had my first study period on Monday...I'd forgotten to bring my folder (with all my subjects books, notes and stuff) so I literally had nothing to do. I ended up reading my english text a little, going on the computer and roamed BoredOS and borrowed some textbooks. It was really boring, and I struggled to find things to do.

I have a study period tomorrow in the morning. I'm thinking of going to school normal time and do homework/study in the library. Otherwise, I'll be waking up half an hour later and (probably) will have to take the train. Hopefully the library will be empty!! *crosses fingers*

Why do some people have so many 'study' periods??? @_@

technicolour

HSC
i used to go to our yr 12 common room and play my DS during my free period.

or we'd play handball outside.
God, I wish we had a common room. All we get is a small section of the library packed with people who won't shut up.

BHS10

Shining Down On You.
HSC
i've got nothing to do in my free periods at the moment haha

William92

HSC
Doing 7 units this year (pathways) and have 31 of 64 periods free a fortnight. Definitely don't need any more of them. I try and work on school stuff during them, or just not.

monomer

HSC
How many do you get at your school with the amount of units you are doing?
6 + 2 unsupervised visual arts periods. Doing 13 units at the moment

Does it seem fair?
I think so lol

Do you need more?
Nope, just need to procrastinate less :p

Do you actually use study periods to your advantage?
I do maths in 90% of them but now I'm considering dropping 'cause it takes me a whole period to do 1 and a half questions and then the 1 whole question i did turns out to be wrong

Are blueberry's really blue?
They are purplish blue on the outside and grey/white on the inside. If you crush the skin hard enough, purple juice comes out though. (I eat a lot of blueberries and they're awesome, haha)

Dyllip

HSC
Fuck my school not allowing us to drop to 10 units til next year. I'm not doing 5 pages of source analysis's and a 3 page essay for a crap subject that I'm going to drop :mad: I could be studying economics or something GRRR

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
I do 10units and get 16 frees per week, = about 10 hours of frees.

I do use them productively, most of the time. Often I just sit in the shade and read over booklets/highlight for english, or do art. Both need to be done, but are also easy and enjoyable. :)

Sometimes I'll do bio or chem homework, nothing too intense.

Sometimes they're at the end of the day so I go home early and go to the gym ^^

coudes

HSC
i have 13 free periods throughout the fortnight, lasting 50 minutes each. i chat with friends and read books, but rarely will i ever study.

Sociasci010

HSC
I have 12 a fortnight. At least one every day for 4 days of the week. I do use the time mostly. Reading for english, occasionally maths work, although i hate to waste time on maths if im stuck on questions. Or i use it for reading and summarising my other subjects.

caitlinjade92

HSC
I have 15 "study periods" out of a 40 period week. which is a bout 600 minutes.
i dont actually use these to study, as we do refer to them as frees.
i mite use 2 a week to catch up on work and the like, rest of time is spent gossiping or going uptown.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)