study tips (1 Viewer)

HSC
have a rewards system...set little goals to achieve during ure day....and when acheived, reward ureself....lol it usually works with chocolate + music =)

music dr

the little mermaid
HSC
samuelblayden said:
listen to soft quiet music to help study it owrks especially country music
I found that a good movie orchestral soundtrack works best for me. I love my star wars cd, and it really does help you concentrate, although i have to be careful at times that i don't start to analyse the music and lost track of what i'm doing
*sigh* the curse of a muso

ONG

something_funny said:
read 'master the HSC' by peter sheahan
its an excel book with lots of tips on successful studying
the guy who wrote it is a motivational speaker who got a UAI in the high 90s
to get motivated to study and tips on how to become more efficient in studying, memorising etc. get the book.

i went through this thread on sunday, went onto his site thought it would be worth my wild and bought it on monday. the book is very useful and i found the motivation chapter very good.

btw peter sheahan got a TER = to 98.5 for UAI

sarahmarso

HSC
a promise to yourself is as good as one to your best friend

1) no music, unless its wordless classical (sounds freaky but my physic tutor tested it at a pubic school... made even the year 8 sluts shut up)

2) when you file your notes (from class) put them into a seperate folder per subject, accessable at your desk

3) Have your syllybus right next to you... ESPECIALLY if u do a science.

4) promise yourself a time, note the title! timetabling is important, and always have room to move sessions cause shit happens, a timetable is a promise to your future! you get one chance at year 12!

5) bright light at desk on your left (opposite to the side u write with)

6) study groups r good, i go me and a m8 for 3 hrs on saturday to do maths, cause we suck!

7) if u are getting bored, looking out the window, get on the floor and do 20 full-man push ups, gets the blood going!! and if you are wasting your time, and are stressed, push yourself Soo hard and go for a run and come back NEW!

Sadistic Blimp

HSC
exquisite_gurl said:
any good study tips because i really find it hard to concentrate
there is so many study tips.. my teacher in business studies says that we should look over our syllabus because all the answers are there simple and sweet but hey what other methods could be there it all depends how well you feel in studying.. maybe all notes straight out aren't the answer.. hmmm

quackcafe

HSC
quack

my teacher says dont study while listening to music coz in the exam there wont be any and take regular breaks and have a clear desk...

how can you have a clear dress if your studying??

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
sarahmarso said:
1) no music, unless its wordless classical (sounds freaky but my physic tutor tested it at a pubic school... made even the year 8 sluts shut up)

2) when you file your notes (from class) put them into a seperate folder per subject, accessable at your desk

3) Have your syllybus right next to you... ESPECIALLY if u do a science.

4) promise yourself a time, note the title! timetabling is important, and always have room to move sessions cause shit happens, a timetable is a promise to your future! you get one chance at year 12!

5) bright light at desk on your left (opposite to the side u write with)

6) study groups r good, i go me and a m8 for 3 hrs on saturday to do maths, cause we suck!

7) if u are getting bored, looking out the window, get on the floor and do 20 full-man push ups, gets the blood going!! and if you are wasting your time, and are stressed, push yourself Soo hard and go for a run and come back NEW!
omg, i wanna run now!

(btw, push up thing is good; unless if you're like me and want to do more than 20..... ahhaha)

Highly_Nrgetik

HSC
Yeh getting the blood pumping is good....

Energy Drink, Weights and PUMPING THE TRAXXXXX gets me syked.... b4 doing a few hours of study of course LOL not during study...

Um Mahdi

I Cant Study! Any Good Study Tips?!?!?

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
Um Mahdi said:
HAHAHA...

just go to page one and read, concentration!

thewhitecomet

HSC
wow, ppl have always told me that WHERE you study is really important, i never really paid much attention to that but seriously, it works. usually i study in my room- with magazines, GBA, DS, PSP, comp, books, movies just vying for my attention. i'm lucky to get 1 hour done. but recently i moved downstairs to the lower room to study and omg, i did 6 hours of physics work no sweat. but i disagree with the music part, i listened to all kinds of music, it really does help cut the boredom. when i'm down in that dull room, having my ipod really helps.

P

pLuvia

studying anywhere is fine, as long as you actually study effectively than its all good. I find the library is a good place to study, with the accompaniment of some music :p
i recommend studying where no computer is in of reach lol

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
I can't study in a library. I really prefer my room. The computer can be a distraction, but usually, if an exam's soon, I can pull myself back to studying. If an exam's a fair way away's, I will *only* allow myself to do *any* computer related work (I do IPT) after everything non-computer related.

The times in year 11 I've turned the computer on, done some work and notched onto MSN with some music only to find its suddenly and unexpectedly 9 oclock are uncountable.

=]

HSC
hehe i can only study at the library. so many distractions at home - internet, tv, music, family...

ahhh the list just goes on =] good luck with exams. i have SC on monday :O

try eating chocolate for a boost.

cigazze

My wit's out to lunch
HSC
yeah, actually, i've found that after sitting at the computer for hours trying to conjoure up an essay from thin air, the best thing for both concentration and muscles is a few sit ups (but that's only coz i cant do push ups :D)

other than that, my friends find it better to study in libraries. i find it good to go outside for a half hour or an hour, and even if ur still studying outside, when you return it will feel like a bit of a break anyway

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I think most people would find the library one of the best places to study, music also helps to keep you going while your're working. :read:

light_~@~ngel

^^**light_~@~ngel **^^
HSC
well i recommend u buy sum books or sumfing to help u out , there are plenty of books around for eg. Power of Concentration by Theron Q. Dumont
lol my brother told me bout this >> he said " best book >>its really gud "

or may be Concentration by Ernest Wood

:)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
have a study buddy =] i find that if i study by myself i get really bored after 1 hour.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
hopeles5ly said:
have a study buddy =] i find that if i study by myself i get really bored after 1 hour.
A study group also works well but don't form one with too many people, otherwise you'll just start chatting.

Hehe, that reminds me of our meetup... ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)