studying 8-10 hrs a day during STUVAC (1 Viewer)

BabyK

HSC
Yeh im not very motivated to study i only started studying yesterday, since b4 d trials nd frankly nt luking 2 good...im freaked out that even if I ace d HSC big whoop, so what if u get 100 in d HSC exam n u got lyk 50-60 ur assessment mark psshhtt ul get a a 70 in d final HSC mark if ur lucky...really...NOT...motivated!!! srsly if anyone knows someone...lyk anyone who aced der HSC nd did shit in d assessments nd still got a mad UAI (lyk above 80) plz tell me??

ajay-900

HSC
i just wanted to say to baby k yes it is possible. i sat biology hsc in yr 11 with an assement of 61%. in the hsc i had to pull of a 96 to remain in a band 6 position. i onli managed a 91 that scaled my assesment to a 81 resulting in my final mark of 86%. therefore i reckon anything is possible as long as you work hard and u as well as ur group perform well..helps if u attend a fancy pants private school

thanhrox

HSC
ajay-900 said:
i just wanted to say to baby k yes it is possible. i sat biology hsc in yr 11 with an assement of 61%. in the hsc i had to pull of a 96 to remain in a band 6 position. i onli managed a 91 that scaled my assesment to a 81 resulting in my final mark of 86%. therefore i reckon anything is possible as long as you work hard and u as well as ur group perform well..helps if u attend a fancy pants private school
thanks so much, that really helped. i was freaking out too! oh my! there's hope! =O

:cool:

The Boycow

HSC
BabyK said:
Yeh im not very motivated to study i only started studying yesterday, since b4 d trials nd frankly nt luking 2 good...im freaked out that even if I ace d HSC big whoop, so what if u get 100 in d HSC exam n u got lyk 50-60 ur assessment mark psshhtt ul get a a 70 in d final HSC mark if ur lucky...really...NOT...motivated!!! srsly if anyone knows someone...lyk anyone who aced der HSC nd did shit in d assessments nd still got a mad UAI (lyk above 80) plz tell me??
To ace the HSC you generally need to pass English....

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
The Boycow said:
To ace the HSC you generally need to pass English....
nah, not necessarily, u cud do rly w3ll in m4ths and other kewl subs tht dun nid engrish

mdnofxtc

HSC
Just make sure you eat right, sleep at night, so ur up2 it when u study :wave:

- but heck thats hard when little sis crashes my bedroom, puts the fan on full blast the whole night and pretends to b some skanky supermodel. And that deafening music from neighbours. Ouch! Like this dude lives a block away and I think I heard the whole rnb collection from this year today. he's prolli going deaf from all that radiation. I'm gonnna buy him som earphones and put it in his letterbox... :sleep: :burn:

Lol tel me theres someone out there that has weird neighbours..

considerthis215

HSC
my maths teacher's son was a great soccer player in yrs 11 and 12, so good that he represented Australia overseas. However because of this he missed a lot of yr 12 and failed a lot of assessments. So 3 weeks to go before the first HSC exam he study's vigorously im talking 14, 15 hours a day. .. UAI of 91

so for those who bludged all year there's still hope!!!

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
JessicaCaroline said:
This will sound like a dumb question, but as someone about to enter year 12 i'm really fretting - how do you study for the HSC?! Or year 12 exams in general? Is it just the same as year 11 exams? Start writing notes a few weeks before and read over them and highlight a few days or night before the exam? The HSC seems so big, how do you possibly conquer it, where do you start?? What does your study involve?!
Errr write notes consistently throughout the year and do past papers.

BabyK

HSC
JessicaCaroline said:
This will sound like a dumb question, but as someone about to enter year 12 i'm really fretting - how do you study for the HSC?! Or year 12 exams in general? Is it just the same as year 11 exams? Start writing notes a few weeks before and read over them and highlight a few days or night before the exam? The HSC seems so big, how do you possibly conquer it, where do you start?? What does your study involve?!

well a good friend of mine who finished his hsc in 07, with a UAI of 97.2 now doing Law at UTS told me he printed out the syllabuses for all his subjects during yr 11, and during the big summer vacation studied a good 10-12 hrs a day and by the beggining of 2007 he had finished all the yr 12 coursework and written up his notes for every single subject =) i wish id done that but he only told me lyk a month ago, but thats the advice id give to any yr 11s aiming high :)

friction

HSC
Wow that is dedication.

I still havent finished a few of my courses.

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
BabyK said:
well a good friend of mine who finished his hsc in 07, with a UAI of 97.2 now doing Law at UTS told me he printed out the syllabuses for all his subjects during yr 11, and during the big summer vacation studied a good 10-12 hrs a day and by the beggining of 2007 he had finished all the yr 12 coursework and written up his notes for every single subject =) i wish id done that but he only told me lyk a month ago, but thats the advice id give to any yr 11s aiming high :)
uh i would not advise this - most people i know who got 99+ just put the hors in when it counted - before assessmenttaskas and teh HSC itself - if i was this person u refer to, whodid 10-12ours in the sumer vacation, id be cut with aything less tan 99.50 to be blunt

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: studying 8-10 hrs a day during STUVAC

lmao 10-12 hrs a day and only 97.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
Pwnage101 said:
uh i would not advise this - most people i know who got 99+ just put the hors in when it counted - before assessmenttaskas and teh HSC itself - if i was this person u refer to, whodid 10-12ours in the sumer vacation, id be cut with aything less tan 99.50 to be blunt
LOL thats so true i hav no idea wat he was doing for those 10-12 hours if he only got 97.

HSC
JessicaCaroline said:
Assessment tasks = cram weekend before / night before / don't study
HSC exams = cram the week before.

Enjoy!

BabyK

HSC
lol i love how u guys say ONLY 97...*sigh...i reckon id build myself a memorial in d middle ov the city if i got dat much :p

u-borat

Banned
HSC
na we say only 97 cos to get 97 while doing that much study is frankly hilarious.

anonomis

HSC
JessicaCaroline said:
dont leave your notes to the last minute! seriously, seriously, seriously dont. it really helps if u do them consistently throughout the year especially during free periods. im not talking like heaps every day. the best way is to add to ur notes at the end of each week, adding in the content you covered in class the previous week. it really helps later in the year! then u have more time to study the actual content later in the yr.
can i just add, people who study more than 6-7 hours a day must have serious brainpower because that is just insane!

danz90

HSC
anonomis said:
can i just add, people who study more than 6-7 hours a day must have serious brainpower because that is just insane!
more than 6-7 hours is definitely difficult and draining.. but its feasible if you start your study like at 9 or 10am... then have like at least 4 blocks of 2hours
with intermittent breaks. 8-10 hours is definitely feasible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)