studying ahead in japanese beginners halp (1 Viewer)

spicypotatos

HSC
i kinda want to study a little bit ahead in japanese so it isn't so hard learning everything later on so what do they normally teach after hiragana? The syllabus topics are rlly vague ahh i want to know how to get started

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
i kinda want to study a little bit ahead in japanese so it isn't so hard learning everything later on so what do they normally teach after hiragana? The syllabus topics are rlly vague ahh i want to know how to get started
if you have a textbook with a decent structure to it then it's not that hard to speed ahead by using that as a framework and then just supplementing it with other japanese resources (the first half?? i think of genki 1 is good as a supplement but the rest of it and the second genki book go beyond that scope). i did japanese continuers but i did japanese beginners content in years 8-10 when i took japanese as an elective, so if you don't have a textbook and you're willing to invest some money then consider the obento books which were pretty good for beginner japanese (if not, you could just try genki and do the bits in genki which correspond to your syllabus + you can find genki online for free anyway, but genki is more tailored toward the jlpt but obento is written for the nsw syllabus). the japanese beginners hsc page on the nesa website might also have some resource lists

i think if i recall correctly, after hiragana is katakana (familiarise yourself with katakana before going to do anything else) then introduction to basic kanji and vocabulary (greetings and phrases you'd use in a classroom setting), then numbers (which use kanji, stuff like how old are you) and then a ton of other basic things like where do you live etc etc but it's all dependent on your scope and sequence and what your teacher does and what textbook you use if you have any

spicypotatos

HSC
if you have a textbook with a decent structure to it then it's not that hard to speed ahead by using that as a framework and then just supplementing it with other japanese resources (the first half?? i think of genki 1 is good as a supplement but the rest of it and the second genki book go beyond that scope). i did japanese continuers but i did japanese beginners content in years 8-10 when i took japanese as an elective, so if you don't have a textbook and you're willing to invest some money then consider the obento books which were pretty good for beginner japanese (if not, you could just try genki and do the bits in genki which correspond to your syllabus + you can find genki online for free anyway, but genki is more tailored toward the jlpt but obento is written for the nsw syllabus). the japanese beginners hsc page on the nesa website might also have some resource lists

i think if i recall correctly, after hiragana is katakana (familiarise yourself with katakana before going to do anything else) then introduction to basic kanji and vocabulary (greetings and phrases you'd use in a classroom setting), then numbers (which use kanji, stuff like how old are you) and then a ton of other basic things like where do you live etc etc but it's all dependent on your scope and sequence and what your teacher does and what textbook you use if you have any
THANK YOU OMG UR A LIFESAVER

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)