studying new hsc syllabus (1 Viewer)

yeem

HSC
im doing the hsc in 2012 and its the first year that is based on the new syllabus and would really like some tips on how to study effectively in order to get a band 6
- can i still do past papers even though the syllabus has changed?
- and i've read other threads where they always put emphasis on memorising the syllabus, but i'm a bit confused on the left hand side where it says 'Students learn to' - is that section just linked to the 'Students learn about'?
thanks

findx

HSC
im doing the hsc in 2012 and its the first year that is based on the new syllabus and would really like some tips on how to study effectively in order to get a band 6
- can i still do past papers even though the syllabus has changed?
- and i've read other threads where they always put emphasis on memorising the syllabus, but i'm a bit confused on the left hand side where it says 'Students learn to' - is that section just linked to the 'Students learn about'?
thanks
Past Papers:
- Even though the syllabus has changed, the format of the exam is still the same. so if you are unfamiliar its best to look over.
- There may still be similarities in the old and new syllabus for the topics Marketing and Finance.

For the syllabus, examiners usually create questions from the 'students learn to' based on the information from 'students learn about'
For example,
In students learn about.. there is a dot point for Globalisation in the Operations topic
In student learn to.. there is a question on it "Examine the impact of globalisation on operation strategy"

i hope this helps :)

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
From my knowledge, usually when they change the syllabus it doesn't change too dramatically. So you'll be perfectly fine doing past papers. We still do past papers from 2000 up even though the syllabus is a bit different.
'Students learn to' should be your focus. They're really theory outcomes which you will cover all of in class.
'Students learn about' are pracs/research questions (for the science classes) or are outcomes you pretty much do yourself.

Last edited:

yeem

HSC
yea, that's what i thought - that the past papers can still be really helpful
thanks guys for your help, really appreciated

Examine

same
HSC
Don't do questions which aren't related though.

Examine

same
HSC
From my knowledge, usually when they change the syllabus it doesn't change too dramatically. So you'll be perfectly fine doing past papers. We still do past papers from 2000 up even though the syllabus is a bit different.
'Students learn to' should be your focus. They're really theory outcomes which you will cover all of in class.
'Students learn about' are pracs/research questions (for the science classes) or are outcomes you pretty much do yourself.
+1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)