Studying @ UNSW – a guide from a student (1 Viewer)

lilg

HSC
hi there.. ok so its beeen a while since ive been asking sum silly questions hahha
bt im realy stuk..... i droped a course but i wud like to pik one up.. bt i think the last day was the friday tht jst past.. where do i go to speak to someone for help about enroling?anyone know...! :(

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Please type in English, writing in netspeak is annoying and hard to decipher.

First of all, you need a really really good reason to pick up a subject. If it is required for your major it will be easy, but if it is just an elective it will be very difficult. Speak to the co-ordinator of the course (check the faculty website) and explain your situations. They MAY be able to allow enrolment but it is fairly unlikely.

televators

HSC
Re: Textbooks / Handbooks / Student Fees

Session 2 booklist is now out.

(link on first post of thread)

mcslave

HSC
Re: Textbooks / Handbooks / Student Fees

Look at the date for that guys post. Its like a year old.

^mel^

HSC
Does anyone know how to go about applying for uni if you've already left school? I didn't think that I wanted to go to uni, but now I've decided I do...
And, despite the fact that UNSW will be hard for me to get to, is it worth it? It is on my top 4 list.
:confused:

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Hi Mel,

Depending on what you wish to enroll in, Medicine, Medical Science, as well as some other courses accept mid-year intake, your semesters may vary alittle though.

It's best to enroll into a degree at the start of every year via UAC (Applications open around October/November, check with UAC site, and grab their handbook (and since you're not a Year 12 student, you won't get the UAC handbook for free).

Also, if you're planning to take a degree into UNSW, usually the lowest UAI is about mid-60s onwards.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
haha ive never seen a degree at UNSW with a UAI of mid 60s
its more like low 70s

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
LottoX said:
Even DFEE?
Yes, but they might be nice and let you in if you are below anyway (I think the lowest D-FEE is something like 75?).

pink668

HSC
hey with the brown travel ten for ride to uni, do we just need to dip it in once???

thanks!!!

accolade

HSC
Is it possible to study at unsw at night and is there classes at night?

Thought Shark

HSC
accolade said:
Is it possible to study at unsw at night and is there classes at night?
Most popular subjects will have classes at night, but not all. You get to choose your classes when you choose your timetable, so you can choose accordingly, but beware that not all subjects will give you the possibility to study late.

accolade

HSC
wow it would be interesting to go to uni at night since u couldnt go to highschool at night.

Thought Shark

HSC
accolade said:
wow it would be interesting to go to uni at night since u couldnt go to highschool at night.
I have an Economics lecture from 6-8pm on Wednesday nights, and I had the opportunity to have my tutorial start at 8pm the same night.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)