Subject Advice Needed (1 Viewer)

Domox

HSC
Hi, subject selection is nearing, and I am starting to think what subjects I am going to do. At the moment I have:

Studies Of Religion (1U)
English Adv (2U)
Hospitality (VET 2U)
General Maths/Mathematics (2U)
Earth And Environmental Science (2U)
Legal Studies (2U)

1 Unit is missing! Should I go for another 2 unit course and have 13 units, or a 1 unit course like SLR (Sport practical). What do you think is a good 2U subject to pick with these subjects. I do not like history, or geography, or anything construction orientated.

I was considering physics/chemistry...Which is better? I think I would enjoy chemistry more, however I am not good with balancing equations or writing chemical symbols etc.

Please help! Thanks Dom.

Domox

HSC
Oh you know me do you? Huh. I don't remember you from anywhere. NO. I am not in year 9, I am in year 10. The date I entered when I joined is probably wrong.

Now, do you have any advice for me as that would be greatly appreciated.

allira92

HSC
Oh you know me do you? Huh. I don't remember you from anywhere. NO. I am not in year 9, I am in year 10. The date I entered when I joined is probably wrong.

Now, do you have any advice for me as that would be greatly appreciated.
ease up turbo

i would suggest you pick up another 2 unit and have 13 units that way if you can drop a subject at the beginning of yr 12 if u want as i am assuming u have to do sor.

HSC
nothing wrong with doing 13u.

just pick up another 2u subject like eco, phys, chem or bio. bio can get dull but some parts are fun.

re general maths/mathematics, do mathematics. drop down if you have to later on but just start with a higher one.

HSC
Do Chemistry. It doesn't matter if you don't know how to balance equations; you learn it. At the start I didn't know much, but you pick it up really quickly.
Oh, and don't do bio. It's kinda crappy in Year 12 imo. Physics is just crap altogether.

Zedez

HSC
I am in year 10.

It shows...

But yeah, we can tell what year your in from looking under your username. You can change the date by going to your profile.

Both Pysics and Chem are good subjects, but it depends on your interests. I've found Physics more fun, and Chem harder.

Last edited:

allira92

HSC
It shows...

But yeah, we can tell what year your in from looking under your username. You can change the date by going to your profile.

Both Pysics and Chem are good subjects, but it depends on your interests. I've found Physics more fun, and Chem harder.
bahaha

suzlee

HSC
I'd say definitely do either chem or physics as your last couple of units :)
Chemistry and physics are both very interesting and enjoyable subjects~
btw, not being able to balance equations/writing chemical symbols shouldn't affect your decision on whether to take up chem or not! It's just a matter of practising, and that kind of stuff isn't ALL of chemistry.
Think about which y10 topics you are enjoying more now and base your decision around that.

flowergrl

HSC
chem's more enjoyable... but physics scales higher.

but if i were you i'd still go for chem just cos its so enjoyable and will get you ahead at uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)