Subject Advice (1 Viewer)

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
karoooh said:
I really want to drop Physics and pick up Modern - I think I'll have my Ancient and Year Advisor on my side to help convince the deputy to let me change... Should I?

I'm not a strong science person, and though Physics is easy most of the time, and the dot points are easy to follow, I find learning at school much harder than it is to learn by myself out of the text book.

Irregardless, I really want to change - I don't enjoy it and have no interest in science, nor to I plan to take that path in uni. I've only missed out on one term and they've only done Russia and WW1 at school - Both I know quite a bit about already - They've just gone indepth to the degree required by BOS with these topics, so I can still catch up!

I'm humanities student, not a science one... I know: I'm a moron for leaving it till now to do something about it, but I have typically Asian parents who are strong at science and just can't see sense why I'm not. It wasn't their decision in the first place, but I ended up picking what they wanted me to do cos... I don't actually know... So I should give it a go, right? Better late than never?
If you're a humanities person then go for it. Drop physics (I know i did) and pick up Modern (very interesting, though average scaling subject).

Riviet

HSC
N/A
karoooh said:
I really want to drop Physics and pick up Modern
Just do it! :) You clearly don't want to continue studying physics and seem to be very keen on modern, also Dennis can help you catch up with last term's work.
I hope you've made the right decision and hope all goes well for you in the transition. ;)

Also Maths + Science > History in my opinion :p

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Raginsheep said:
Physics is like social science in desguise.....won't be much of a difference :p
physics for me was atrociously difficult. It's not really a social science like history or economics :p

Raginsheep

HSC
Well it does still contain elements of "real physics :p

P

pLuvia

Riviet said:
Just do it! :) You clearly don't want to continue studying physics and seem to be very keen on modern, also Dennis can help you catch up with last term's work.
I hope you've made the right decision and hope all goes well for you in the transition. ;)

Also Maths + Science > History in my opinion :p
Thank you Riviet, ha you hear that hopeles5ly lol

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
lol. drop it if u want. XD
if u rekkon u can get good marks in it; u will! :D

although; i'd prefer to take phhysics over modern ... im not ver ygood at history and stuff. i love historical stuff ... but i just don't get good marks in it. XD

and btw.

ME > School > Maths + Science > History > an ant.

wahahah

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
shinji said:
lol. drop it if u want. XD
if u rekkon u can get good marks in it; u will! :D

although; i'd prefer to take phhysics over modern ... im not ver ygood at history and stuff. i love historical stuff ... but i just don't get good marks in it. XD

and btw.

ME > School > Maths + Science > History > an ant.

wahahah
my ass > you

history isn't really that hard, just a lot of reading and memorzing. if you have really good writing skills then you'll be fine. i still have a long way to go ! hehe . how was blacktown library btw? lol

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
my ass > you

history isn't really that hard, just a lot of reading and memorzing. if you have really good writing skills then you'll be fine. i still have a long way to go ! hehe . how was blacktown library btw? lol
ahhh psht. u don't > me. !! >=/

i have a bad memory.. don't really like reading boring articles.. and yeah. haha
i don't have that great writing skills either. So in my opinion; history is a bad subject for me! XD

library was cool. studied from 10:40 - 3:30.
my hand hurts from excessive writing. had some breaks for lunch. bought some post-it's for english and managed to find some stuff for english. and yah!

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
history isn't really that hard, just a lot of reading and memorzing. if you have really good writing skills then you'll be fine.
That's exactly why I hate History... too many dates and not enough ties between the dates to aid memory (something happened in 1847... what was it!?). I do Economics and that also something that annoys me - so many definitions and so easy to mess them up slightly. :p

But still, if you can remember them, it all becomes so much easier. And likeable.

I_F

karoooh

HSC
I'm keeping it after all! Thanks for everyone's advice! I'd prefer Modern over Physics anyday, and even though my teacher at school takes AGES explaining stuff that never gets through to me, I have a tutor that can explain 3 lessons at school in 10-20 mins. She's FANTASTIC!

My deputy won't let me change anyway... And I've already done Yr 11... I'll get through it I guess... I just won't do as well as I would've done so in Modern...

So screw my Physics teacher!

karoooh

HSC
insert-username said:
That's exactly why I hate History... too many dates and not enough ties between the dates to aid memory (something happened in 1847... what was it!?). I do Economics and that also something that annoys me - so many definitions and so easy to mess them up slightly. :p

But still, if you can remember them, it all becomes so much easier. And likeable.

I_F
I mix meanings up too! In Business though... No matter how easy I find the sub!

I have no idea how I remember dates... I just do, but I know others link it to things in their life or random events etc... Works quite well for them!

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
karoooh said:
I'm keeping it after all! Thanks for everyone's advice! I'd prefer Modern over Physics anyday, and even though my teacher at school takes AGES explaining stuff that never gets through to me, I have a tutor that can explain 3 lessons at school in 10-20 mins. She's FANTASTIC!

My deputy won't let me change anyway... And I've already done Yr 11... I'll get through it I guess... I just won't do as well as I would've done so in Modern...

So screw my Physics teacher!
Your teacher reminds me of my maths teacher. The students in my class correct him on the errors he makes ! . and he was telling us how he can teach up to 3u or was it 4u maths? O_O haha good luck dude im sure you'll ace ! =]

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
insert-username said:

I_F
but there is a section in modern that gives you 10 free marks ! well as long as you don't make stupid mistakes hehe.

karoooh

HSC
10 FREE marks? What?! Which section?

Maybe I will change after all...

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
karoooh said:

haha i thought i told you? it's the first question in the first section where you look at the sources and list whatever's in them =p no real knowledge required ! IMO the whole first section is pretty easy except maybe for question 3. once you know your stuff for ww1 and can integrate sources with your own knowledge easily and well, the marks will come !

Last edited:

Raginsheep

HSC
karoooh said:

IF you want to do well in a subject, having free marks means nothing because any other half decent student will be getting those marks as well.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Raginsheep said:
IF you want to do well in a subject, having free marks means nothing because any other half decent student will be getting those marks as well.
well she's not gonna change to modern just because of that. she just's curious about which section will get you easy marks.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
karoooh said:
I'm keeping it after all!
If you need any help with physics, feel free to ask in the forum or PM me or msn me. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)