• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Subject Clashes (1 Viewer)

supernerd25

HSC
I'm doing a PhB (Sci) next year and would like to do some 2nd year subjects. However, after looking at the timetable, I found there were catastrophic and unavoidable clashes. Does anyone else have this or a similar problem?

sezy_jane

HSC
N/A
i had clashes between IR and german last semester... you just learn to juggle. I was lucky that it was only 2hours of clashes though. Most lecturers will record lectures for you if you explain the situation, however, it may just be a tape in the library that 500 other students also want to access at exactly the same time... or you might be lucky and have a lecturer that doesn't mind putting their lecture recordings on webct. for your sake... i hope you meet only the latter!

ljy2588

HSC
are we supposed to make our own timetables??
how do yu know which ones to look at.....
and the semesters yet to start.
hmmmmm im confused with the tt

sezy_jane

HSC
N/A
the draft timetable is up here... http://timetable.anu.edu.au/
you just click on the subjects you're doing and it'll create the timetable for you. It doesn't mean you're enrolled in those classes, it just shows what time they're on.

mcs

HSC
grrr stupid ANU.... my timetable is all over the place at the moment. Have stuff everyday and in little pockets.... like a lecture at 12 midday then not anything else till 4pm.... three late days in on Tuesday-Thursday for Eco and a Friday morning effort for Finance.... plus a clash between Econometrics and the elective I wanted to do. Talk about crap! Hopefully it might improve as there are plenty of clashes with one of my units, but could be faced with the prospect of being in at uni every day of the week this semester! And all that with the tutorials still to fit in as well!

sezy_jane

HSC
N/A
two of my subjects aren't up yet... and the other two just have lecture times -- not tute times. so my timetable could end up like anything at the moment... i'd like to keep fridays off :) that was fun.

timmyh

HSC
man, anything would be better than last year... 2hr 9am friday lectures after a always massive thursday night, 1st and 2nd semester. The pain....

sezy_jane

HSC
N/A
in sem1 i told my bosses that i could work friday mornings coz i only had torts in the afternoon. BIG MISTAKE... every friday i started work at 8am. eeeevil

Evilo

HSC
On the subject of clashes, Im trying to out a timetable together (just to see wat could be possible) for my 1st year. Im doing science (geology). I know theres compulsery courses (geos112) etc but just overall how many subjects do you do, and how many "units" are they worth.
Thank for your help

sezy_jane

HSC
N/A
a normal load is four subjects a semester - each is worth 6units (not sure why they do that... but they do....). the amount of contact hours for each subject will vary.

:) good luck

Evilo

HSC
Thanks Sezy jane - having a bit of a look atm

Venusian

HSC
To the new first years: dont freak about about clashes too much, when you enroll at melville hall next week, you go thru your selections with the course advisors for your faculty and seeing for most degrees first year is pretty well perscribed, its designed so that you dont have clashes (however if youre doing some really random combination of double dregree then that brings up a whole new sort of problem)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
M-turkey said:
oh hooray! looks like I'll only have two 9am starts... mmm... sleep in's...
Dude, 2 is a hell of a lot.

sezy_jane

HSC
N/A
i've got 4! ok, but that's kinda my choice, i became too lazy last year so i'm gonna try the early starts thing, and see if i can make my afternoons more productive. the more likely thing is that i'll just embrace the nanna nap even more than i did last year!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)