subjects u did which didnt count, did u regret doing it? (1 Viewer)

thommy

HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
Well, if she came last, she wouldn't really have dragged anyone...

and hopefully she did.
To answer erm, I don't really think one person could make a difference, and namu, surely there would have been worse than me?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
thommy said:
To answer erm, I don't really think one person could make a difference, and namu, surely there would have been worse than me?
Yes, one person can make a difference. For your information, my result in 2 Unit raised the entire grade's mark about 2-3 marks aligned.

And yes, there would be people who are worse than you. But if was wrong for you to have taken the course lightly when there were people below you. Think about those people who relied on those results for their UAI.

thommy

HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
Yes, one person can make a difference. For your information, my result in 2 Unit raised the entire grade's mark about 2-3 marks aligned.

And yes, there would be people who are worse than you. But if was wrong for you to have taken the course lightly when there were people below you. Think about those people who relied on those results for their UAI.
Yeah, I suppose it might have been selfish of me, and I sincerely hope I didn't affect anyone's UAI. I'm not a solopsistic person, and if anyone did go worse because of me, I apologise.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
thommy said:
Yeah, I suppose it might have been selfish of me, and I sincerely hope I didn't affect anyone's UAI. I'm not a solopsistic person, and if anyone did go worse because of me, I apologise.
Well I wasn't really saying that you were selfish even though I would have held that connotation somewhere. It's your HSC so you can decide what you would like to do with it.

But HSC is truly a team effort.

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
lyounamu said:

Just to add to that, my chem accelerant who ended up getting third in the state in chem did the same thing raising everyones marks by about 2-3 aligned. Would you say this made a difference in the rankings considering 70 ppl do chem in my school?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
clintmyster said:
Just to add to that, my chem accelerant who ended up getting third in the state in chem did the same thing raising everyones marks by about 2-3 aligned. Would you say this made a difference in the rankings considering 70 ppl do chem in my school?
yeah, kamal (my MSN buddy, lol) probably made some difference there. But I don't know which rank you are referring to.

Only difference in ranks he could make is the state rank. If he raised some people up in terms of internal marks, people from your school who got high external would have got a state rank.

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
lyounamu said:
yeah, kamal (my MSN buddy, lol) probably made some difference there. But I don't know which rank you are referring to.

Only difference in ranks he could make is the state rank. If he raised some people up in terms of internal marks, people from your school who got high external would have got a state rank.
well the guys who got second in mai school got 97 and not 98 so I guess they didn go quite so well as him in externals. Haha he said he had you on msn and I was like ahhh you know the guy and hes like nahh never met him xD Kamal is an absolute gun, still managed to get top 10 in everything whilst working on chem!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
clintmyster said:
well the guys who got second in mai school got 97 and not 98 so I guess they didn go quite so well as him in externals. Haha he said he had you on msn and I was like ahhh you know the guy and hes like nahh never met him xD Kamal is an absolute gun, still managed to get top 10 in everything whilst working on chem!
lol

yeah, kamal def sounds very intelligent guy.

I mean, coming third in chemistry in the state is crazy!

That guy has to be some kind of genius...

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
lyounamu said:
if I were to pick up sor ii but i like bio at the moment so I don't mind.

Thanks for the great message.
dont ever drop bio namu thats all i can say, best subject ever haha

I didnt think my ext maths was going to count so i just did enough work in it, in case i needed it at uni, but it ended up counting so only 1 unit of my 2SOR ended up counting even though it was my second best mark and is meant to scale equal to chemistry and physics

Last edited:

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
My chemistry didnt count (which I pretty much knew would happen from the day I chose it). I would have liked a band 6 (I got 89), although as it was my last exam and I knew I didnt fuck up any of my others, I didnt put in nearly enough work in the week before it. And then I fucked chem up =P

FatJ

The Sexiest Man Alive
HSC
My IPT teacher was pathetic and I barely put in any work for the entire year.
Come the exam and I scored 85.
It was actually my 2nd highest aligned score...
After scaling.... it went down to low 60s - becoming my lowest score.
I thought all along it wouldnt count but hey, it was a good backup.

HSC
They dropped Ext eng (44) and general maths (93). I was pretty sure from the beginning of the year that maths would be dropped.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Entertainment didn't count towards my UAI. I thought for the whole year that it would be Mx1 and a unit of Maths. Still, I guess that the scaling/aligning process.

sirfeathers

HSC
german didn't count lol

and EE1, although i don't regret it because it made me better at Advanced (which did count)

Disco Dinosaurs

HSC
All my 3 units of maths didn't count. I expected ext. 1 to not count (only got 35 in the end), but I always thougt biology wouldn't count. I screwed up 2 unit exam so I only got 84, same as biology. I still thought that biology wouldn't count because I thought an 84 in maths scaled higher than an 84 in biology, I suppose it does depend on the candidature and the whatnot. But I dont mind too much, I still got over 90 UAI, but I was just surprised.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)